Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Lego

• 13-02-2011 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

This is in Smyths toystore in limerick opposite the gaelic grounds/jetland shopping centre.

was e29.99
    now e9.99
    147781.jpg

I don't know if it's all Smyths, but it's a great price...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

i also got LEGO Prince of Persia Desert Attack Set (7569) for 6.99e and they had a few.

I know its not lego but got the megablocks halo figher ship was 42.99 for 14.99... got all my brothers and nephews birthday gifts sorted for 25e... happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

The Halo fighter one looks cool though, I'd buy it just to have it

megabloks have a halo character lucky bag out like the minifigs out.

My brother is mad into halo so i got the kit. it looks good and pretty big box looks like i spent 45e on him...

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Hi,Any of these in other stores?

None in Liffey Valey today :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

None in Drogheda.Must be a local thing!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

None in Bray or the branch off Henry street....

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Perhaps a dedicated BARGAIN ALERTS - LEGO stickied thread would be a nice thing to have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Maybe this one could just be renamed?

Either way, I might be able to contribute.... Smyths has the Games set Orient Bazaar at €7.99, usual price €21.99 (they had it at €16.49 then made a bunch of games half price). As a built set it's not great but as a parts pack it's very exotic, with a full 4-part golden dome, sixty gold disks and a bunch of perfume accessories. Most of the microfigs could pass for babies.

Also, check Argos.ie because they're getting rid of a lot of last year's stuff at hugely reduced prices, though most of it is out of stock by now (at least it is in Galway).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Maybe this one could just be renamed?
    Done. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Also, check Argos.ie because they're getting rid of a lot of last year's stuff at hugely reduced prices, though most of it is out of stock by now (at least it is in Galway).

WOW is all I can say, there are some seriously good bargains in Argos. I'm gutted I didn't know about this sooner, a few I'd really love at those prices are sold out in both Cork branches. They still have a couple of good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

It's not on special offer or anything, but it's still a bargain because it's pure class.

Lego compatible iPhone 4 case.

caseblack.jpg

Shame it's iPhone only. I'd love one for my SGS.

I have a 3G.. Dam :(

I really really want one of those for my Desire :(

Amazon have 33% off a good few sets at the moment. The odd (great) thing is, the 'Super Saver Free Delivery' that is usually a UK-only offer is eligable on orders to Ireland too (it still says UK only but I can confirm I have availed of it as of today :)) so these prices are inclusive of delivery.

The 2010 Harry Potter sets are down:

4842: Hogwarts Castle: £69.01 (works out €81.85; the set retails here for €120, Argos had it for €135 when it came out).

4738: Hagrid's Hut: £27.46 (€31.15; retails here for €49.99)

4840: The Burrow: £41.53 (€45.98; retails at €74.99 here)

4841: Hogwarts Express: £52.00 (€58.99; retails between €90-100 depending on where you go here).

Away from HP, there's the City theme. See the full range here. For example:

7939: Lego City Cargo Train: £87.10 (€98.81; retails here at €149.99)

There's also 33% off the Star Wars line (see the full range here including:

8097: Slave I £54.94 (€62.33; retails here at €90-100)

8098: Clone Turbo Tank £69.01 (€78.29; retails at €115 here).

Anyone in the market for a cheap train? There's 53% off the Toy Story 7597 Western Train Chase. It is £38.57 delivered, which works out at €43.75. Retails at around €100 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I've got stuff from there before with the help of Super Saver delivery so it's a place I keep an eye on. Keep in mind you'll be charged a little more than the exchange rate suggests, as they need to add VAT shipping to Ireland (I queried them about that before) but it's only an extra couple of euro so still a good deal.

Toy Story 3 'Trash Compactor Escape' is now less than half price at Argos.

From 69.99 to 29.99.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3882823/Trail/searchtext%3ETOY+STORY+LEGO.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

feck it 50% off the toy story train....paid 100 for it :(

tesco at coonagh cross has a star wars general grevous ship... was 69.99e now 27e
    lego_8095_sale.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Free lego with the sun all week....son got a lovely jack sparrow yesterday,,, add to the collection!!

• Advertisement

^^^ Yep, I've been collecting. Though the Ninjago stuff that's around for most of the rest of the week doesn't interest me after a pretty strong start.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dpahealy

All Lego City sets are Buy One get One Half Price starting today in all Smyths toy stores.
    Here is the link
    http://www.toys.ie/brands/lego/LEGO-City-!WSCAT435-subcat.aspx

ATMAddict wrote: »
    While chasing the cheap computer stuff in the two Tesco stores in Naas, I found that the old Tesco had cheap lego,
    they are selling the Police lego bike for 2.50, the Police and robber ATM set for 4.50, the Police helicopter for 6.00 and two star wars sets for 6.00.

They still have some bikes, robbers and star wars sets left as of 7:30 this AM.

Robbie

Argos have 3 for 2 on all toys, including Lego.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ATMAddict

Not too sure if this is consider a Bargain, but the Tesco in Naas (old one) has the series 5 figures for 2.39. plenty in stock.

Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Tallon wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ATMAddict
    While chasing the cheap computer stuff in the two Tesco stores in Naas, I found that the old Tesco had cheap lego,
    they are selling the Police lego bike for 2.50, the Police and robber ATM set for 4.50, the Police helicopter for 6.00 and two star wars sets for 6.00.

They still have some bikes, robbers and star wars sets left as of 7:30 this AM.

Robbie

Pity this isint in all Tesco's, was in Tesco's Wilton earlier and I didnt see any of these on sale.

Yeah, It seems to only be in the old Tesco in Naas, they are having some refurbishment work done in the shop, so could be related to the sell off of the lego and other stuff.
    I went in last night and bought two police bikes, I plan to make some GARDA decals for them over the weekend, I'll post some photos

Robbie

smyths have 20 percent off lego starwars

http://www.toys.ie/Shop_Product_List.aspx?brand=legostarwars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

argos also doing 25% off all city sets at the moment

• Advertisement

Thanks OP, I just rang and got the Missus down to get the Bank and cash transit set. Reduced down to 40 euro.

Robbie

Advertisement