Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

postfone change of call charges

• 18-04-2015 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Hi we (2) are with postfone, it was a deal for An Post staff and family, where we would pay 20 a month for 12 months ( deducted from wages) and for that we received minutes, texts and internet bundle plus credit, and a Galaxy s4. we took up the offer just before xmas and yesterday postfone announced that the call rates were going up from 20c to 25c and text from 9c to 12c. the text rate from bundles are not affected by this change, does this increase mean we can pull out of the agreement to pay the 20 a month as there were price changes? I remember this happened a few years ago with o2 and we got out of our 18 month contracts as a result ( even though one of us ended up staying with o2). a percentage of the 20 euro a month is obviously for the phone itself, i am not trying to get out of paying for that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Hi we (2) are with postfone, it was a deal for An Post staff and family, where we would pay 20 a month for 12 months ( deducted from wages) and for that we received minutes, texts and internet bundle plus credit, and a Galaxy s4. we took up the offer just before xmas and yesterday postfone announced that the call rates were going up from 20c to 25c and text from 9c to 12c. the text rate from bundles are not affected by this change, does this increase mean we can pull out of the agreement to pay the 20 a month as there were price changes? I remember this happened a few years ago with o2 and we got out of our 18 month contracts as a result ( even though one of us ended up staying with o2). a percentage of the 20 euro a month is obviously for the phone itself, i am not trying to get out of paying for that.

What conditions of the contract you signed have changed?
    Was there a rate locked in for calls texts etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

the cost of the calls outside of the bundle

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

the cost of the calls outside of the bundle

In the terms and conditions of the contract, does it say that "cost of calls and texts may vary"? Or does it stipulate the exact price of out of bundle calls/texts?

all i got was a sim and a phone and a mandate to let them deduct my wages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Sarai Silly Thunderstorm

Then ask for a copy of the T&Cs to find out. Anything else is just guesswork.

• Advertisement

Then ask for a copy of the T&Cs to find out. Anything else is just guesswork.

That would be a good starting point, don't think i will bother only have it till december, i never use my bundle or my credit, only sh it thing about the deal is no data when abroad i'll change back to another network in December, thanks for all the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Th3B1tcH

Have a look on http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/guide_to_phone_and_broadband_contracts_and_switching.232.LE.asp
    This part
    Is the service provider allowed to change a contract?
    Yes, the law allows your service provider to change the terms and conditions of its service, including its prices. However, it must notify you of the changes at least one month in advance and tell you that you have the right to end the contract without penalty within the month if you do not accept the change(s).

I'm pretty sure you can get out contract if terms/prices change (alot able get out of upc contract after price increases) give comreg a call to check :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Th3B1tcH wrote: »
    Have a look on http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/guide_to_phone_and_broadband_contracts_and_switching.232.LE.asp
    This part
    Is the service provider allowed to change a contract?
    Yes, the law allows your service provider to change the terms and conditions of its service, including its prices. However, it must notify you of the changes at least one month in advance and tell you that you have the right to end the contract without penalty within the month if you do not accept the change(s).

I'm pretty sure you can get out contract if terms/prices change (alot able get out of upc contract after price increases) give comreg a call to check :)

That would be normal, but the OP would have to return the pone as it was part of the contract.

IMO, an S4 + plenty of calls, texts and data for €20 is better than any offer out there, so you'd be cancelling a great offer, giving back a decent phone and then taking a higher priced offer elsewhere.

Advertisement