Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who are you using to do your hair?

Options
  • 01-09-2014 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

I've been looking for someone really good to do the hair for my wedding next March. Narrowed it down and finally decided on who I wanted, but when I got in touch, it turns out she's going on maternity leave and can't do it. Damn!

So I'm back to square one. Anyone have any good suggestions for people in Dublin who can come to your house? Who are you all using? I tried Brown Sugar but they prefer you to come to the salon. Have heard good things about Davey Davey, but haven't found any pics to persuade me yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Dublin. Most likely going to be getting ready in Glasnevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

The powder room girls are fab

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

Stargal wrote: »
    Dublin. Most likely going to be getting ready in Glasnevin.

No problem. My wife specializes in wedding hair but is based in Limerick so a little too far.

Thanks anyway though!

Cheers Dovies, I've only heard good things about them. Will check them out. *crosses fingers*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Stargal wrote: »
    Thanks anyway though!

Cheers Dovies, I've only heard good things about them. Will check them out. *crosses fingers*

I can find out the name of the girl we used if you want. We used them for hair and makeup and people coming to the evening reception couldn't believe that hair and makeup hadn't been touched up or redone during the day. Really impressed with them.

That would be brilliant, if you wouldn't mind. Cheers! I'm finding more and more with wedding stuff that personal recommendations are the best way to find good suppliers. I'm looking for someone to do really nice, natural, textured hair - nothing too debs-y or pulled back, but who can give good advice on what would suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

You could also try Christine Cunningham. She has a hair salon called Passion in Clonee village. She's done tonnes of weddings and travels to you too. She's been my hairdresser for years and is doing my wedding hair. Highly recommend her

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RHN_Ireland

I used Victoria contactable via hairdressermobile (at) yahoo.ie. She's based in Dublin

She came to our apartment did my hair two bridesmaids and my mums hair.

She was fantastic on the day and I have continued to use her as my normal hairdresser. She did great upstyles for the bridesmaids that stood strong well into the night and she tamed my hair beautifully (and that's a challenge!)

I couldn't have been happier with my hair on the day.

Advertisement