Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

Trying to find plastic transparent sheet 35" x 35" (Very Large) to cover a large picture, instead of glass. Cregal guys very helpful, but my size is too big. Have contacted JFC plastics too, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

Hey all,
    Had to break some tiles in my bathroom because there was a leaking pipe under the floor. Can not get these tiles any more and do not want to tile the whole bathroom again just for 6 tiles.

Is there any place in galway that can make a custom tile if you give them a sample tile?

Also i found tiles very similar but they are 33cm in size and the tiles in the bathroom are 31cm. tiler said it would be hard to cut them with out having a sharp edge.

this must a be a common problem. Any one find a solution with out having to do the whole bathroom again? Any where in galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I would think it would be very easy to remove sharp edges with an angle grinder

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Anywhere selling cheap Saorview boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭duckman!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

Trying to find plastic transparent sheet 35" x 35" (Very Large) to cover a large picture, instead of glass. Cregal guys very helpful, but my size is too big. Have contacted JFC plastics too, any suggestions?

Try Pat Rynn Engineering , they could have large sheets of perspex or polycarbonate that they can cut to size

Maybe a signage shop?

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

How big is the bathroom? When you start going down the route of custom tiles it may actually be cheaper to just redo the floor in modern tiles rather than getting six tiles custom made.

Failing that, is there anywhere else in the bathroom where you could salvage six tiles from? Under the bath for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Does anyone know of a good china/porcelain restorer in the Galway/Mayo area please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Try Royal Tara in Mervue they maybe able to help you or know some who can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭MBateson

Try tilesource.ie based in Athenry, they source tiles you can't find anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 galway1993

I just wanted to know if anyone could point me in the right direction as regards getting a house cleaned that is fairly manky? Manky in the sense that beer bottles and food have been left lying around for a bit and dirty floors etc. I know there are cleaners who advertise at 10e an hour but you could hardly expect them to clean a house in a pretty mank state?

We would clean it ourselves but exams on now and giving keys back very soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Cheapest place to get oil heating for the boiler in Galway? 200e worth only lasting 2 months last time, anyone who's shopped around lately and knows their prices I would much appreciate your input!

galway1993 wrote: »
    I just wanted to know if anyone could point me in the right direction as regards getting a house cleaned that is fairly manky? Manky in the sense that beer bottles and food have been left lying around for a bit and dirty floors etc. I know there are cleaners who advertise at 10e an hour but you could hardly expect them to clean a house in a pretty mank state?

Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

galway1993 wrote: »

Check poster wall in local shops, tell them over the phone about the state of the place and let them decide what to charge.
    arf91 wrote: »
    Cheapest place to get oil heating for the boiler in Galway? 200e worth only lasting 2 months last time, anyone who's shopped around lately and knows their prices I would much appreciate your input!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055397193

biko wrote: »
    Check poster wall in local shops, tell them over the phone about the state of the place and let them decide what to charge.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055397193

Not in Galway right now but thanks anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 circusgirl

Hello,

Can anybody tell me if it's possible too buy 00 flour in galway?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

circusgirl wrote: »
    Hello,

Can anybody tell me if it's possible too buy 00 flour in galway?

Thanks!

It is possible. You can get Doves Farm Pasta Flour in Evergreens and Joyce's, Tesco have Roma Pasta and Pizza Flour.
    McCambridge's and Morton's of Galway might be worth a try, too. They tend to stock stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

McCambridges have it.

Mmmm pizza!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Discodog wrote: »
    Anywhere selling cheap Saorview boxes?

Saw some reduced in DID and 2nd hand in cash converters in Mary Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Anybody know where best to pick up a cheap set of earphones today in Galway City?

Cheap but with decent audio quality, and I need to pick them up today too.

Any suggestions folks? Thanks :)

Col200sx wrote: »
    Anybody know where best to pick up a cheap set of earphones today in Galway City?

If headphones rather than earbud/plug type would suit you try the 2euro shop in Mainguard St, I got some there a while back, and although the padding hasn't lasted well, they still work, and the sound quality is OK. Included inline volume control.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Col200sx wrote: »

€10 pair of Sennheiser earphones in Click? Quality is grand and they last a good while too

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm looking for these: 311NXEXsUVL._SY300_.jpg

I'd be surprised if they weren't easy to find in Woodies/B&Q/McDonagh/Higgins

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if they weren't easy to find in Woodies/B&Q/McDonagh/Higgins

Don't have the spare time to go hunting which is why i've posted here asking :P

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Don't have the spare time to go hunting which is why i've posted here asking :P

Should be available in all the major DIY places but Tripart on the Tuam Road is a great spot for fixings/brackets & bolts.

http://www.tripart.ie/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

O'Tooles on Rosemary Avenue (Opposite Debenhams) will have them

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

Buddy74 wrote: »
    O'Tooles on Rosemary Avenue (Opposite Debenhams) will have them

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

B&Q have them

Advertisement