Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BROADBAND IN WEXFORD HELP

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Chef-1st

Yeah I admit that happens me the odd evening with Carnsore. And lately I'm having serious issues with some kind of interference resulting in very slow speeds that they haven't resolved yet, but they're better than skytel by a long shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gingeralien

Ah ! i have watched the service deteriorate the last 6 to 9 months .
    They seem to over subscribed leading to bad congestion at peek times resulting low speeds.

Maybe this is why they are not taken on any new customers.

I now use 4g moblie broadband from vodafone and get 18 meg down and 8 meg up during peek time's
    but i only have a 20gb allowance .

I do believe that 4g when there caps increase ,it will be the way forward.

permanet.ie are the only fixed wirless provider at the moment to consider.
    There speeds dont drop but they have download caps .

Broadband in south wexford has not changed much in the last 10 year's very poor

funny enough I'm just looking at vodafone's website, to get a new phone with 4g capability. I hear it's super duper fast alright!
    Oh and it's not only Wexford, it's all over Ireland. I had ripplecom broadband in Meath last year, and their service was without doubt the worst I've ever come across. And sure look at eircom - the supposed to be flag ship of Ireland. Worst customer service ever recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

I contacted Carnsore Broadband and was told it was a referral only business. Where I would have to be referred by an existing customer. That doesn't really promote new customers and it didn't mention it on their website.

Just avoid Carnsore broadband they have over subscribed and in the process of following skytel / Rocket .(all most unusable at peek times)
    You will get better speeds/ connection from 3g meteor on your phone at peek times .
    If you looking for good ping,s (gaming) use 4G vodafone.

• Advertisement

Just avoid Carnsore broadband they have over subscribed and in the process of following skytel / Rocket .(all most unusable at peek times)
    You will get better speeds/ connection from 3g meteor on your phone at peek times .
    If you looking for good ping,s (gaming) use 4G vodafone.

Do you think Vodafone's 4g is only fast at the moment because the service isn't congested yet?

Yeah carnsore have gone to the dark side it seems too. Over congested lines and false promises of fast broadband. But sure what can you do? In rural areas our choices are limited. Oh to live in a town with fiber and UPC! Some day. Some day.

I dont think congestion will be a problem , It is capable of speed's of 100 meg .
    I believe the backhaul that vodafone have in place is well able to support there service .
    Also when meteor , three and o2 launch the 4G in south Wexford ,
    It will only get better , Higher cap's and cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 DoingGood77

I contacted Carnsore Broadband and they refused point blank to even entertain the option of providing me with their service. This is clearly due to the the fact I contacted ComReg about SkyTel/RocketBroadband service and they got wind of this at Carnsore and decided no way. Clear line of sight I have with no obstructions. Conversation went like this.... "NO WE CANNOT PROVIDE YOU WITH BROADBAND" over and over and over again whenever I attempted to speak or ask a question, it was truly bizarre and quite worrying

Listening to Joe Duffy about Broadband providers and how badly and shamefully their running their businesses . Finally people are getting the courage to bring this to people's attention. This will be the first of many no doubt about that! Get the podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Listening to Joe Duffy about Broadband providers and how badly and shamefully their running their businesses . Finally people are getting the courage to bring this to people's attention. This will be the first of many no doubt about that! Get the podcast

People have been complaining about the state of broadband for a long time?

• Advertisement

Seems I've been put on an ISP Blacklist for complaining to ComReg. Other ISP providers will not provide their services. Worth investigation? Yes I think so - this country is a disgrace

Advertisement