Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football Manager 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

does anyone know who the best physio is in the game because im getting sooo many injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Best physio is at Blackburn of all places. I look for high physio stats and the usual determination discipline and motivating stats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Mc Love wrote: »
    Best physio is at Blackburn of all places. I look for high physio stats and the usual determination discipline and motivating stats

wonder would it take much to prise him away for ewood park

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    wonder would it take much to prise him away for ewood park

a lucky bag and a packet of crisps

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    does anyone know who the best physio is in the game because im getting sooo many injuries

http://www.fm-source.com/2011/12/best-staff-5-star-coaches-fm-2012.html

• File,
    • Marco Frigerio,
    • Otavia de Vilhena

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Lads trying to install the game here but when the autoplay starts only "open folder to view files" option appears? any ideas?

**Got it,just ran it from the run dialog

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Equium wrote: »
    Also, I was surprised at how few top class players or younsters are interested in moving here. None of the more promising Spanish prospects (Martinez, Muniain, Isco, Azpilicueta) will even consider my advances

There's some stupid coding in the game stopping players moving between rival teams. Even when it's a weak rivalry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Started unemployed and got the Hansa Rostock job.

They're pretty brutal with an awful wage budget and hard to attract decent players.13 games into the season and I'm 4th from bottom in the German second division :o .

Leaking goals from absolutley everywhere,I've tried every sort of defensive tactic and I can't stop it.In serious trouble of relegation of my form continues!Any help please? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Meglamonia wrote: »

They're pretty brutal with an awful wage budget and hard to attract decent players.13 games into the season and I'm 4th from bottom in the German second division :o .

Leaking goals from absolutley everywhere,I've tried every sort of defensive tactic and I can't stop it.In serious trouble of relegation of my form continues!Any help please? :p
    A tactic that has worked for me (while my normal tactic is being prepared as a back up tactic) is 1-4-2-2-1

ST

ML
    MR
    DM ---- DM
    LB -- CB
    CB -- RB
    SW

Doesnt score many goals, but also doesnt concede many. I was conceding left and right until I tried that formation and the 4-1, 5-0 defeats became 0-0, 1-1 draws, 2-1 losses, the occasional 1-0 win etc. Wont turn losses into wins, but should help with points from draws. As dull as can be, but effective if you dont have the players to play an attacking game. Everyone plays deep with long-ish balls forward to the ST so he needs to be decent in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Get a good sweeper keeper then you can use an AMC instead of a dedicated SW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Meglamonia wrote: »

I started out unemployed and got them too!

I got them relegated and they sacked me. I'm with Waterford United now and have them going strong and nicked Pelle Jensen from the Rostock squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Club ball is boring me at the minute so I have started an international save with china, USA, nigeria and Aruba..

A broad mix f teams and sure I'll see how I get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

sorry guys im just after buying this game, wheres the best place to find cheap good players?

Shane St. wrote: »
    sorry guys im just after buying this game, wheres the best place to find cheap good players?

Get the best scouts that money can buy, a diverse bunch so that you cover as many areas as possible. The gems are everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Shane St. wrote: »

Make sure you scout the reserve/youth leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Eventually a tactic has clicked with my Rostock team 4-2-1-2-1 and I've won 4,drawn 7 and lost 1 in my last 8 games.12th in the table now with 8 games to go,left it a bit late for the promotion push :p.

Hopefully with a couple of signings in the summer and a few promising youth players coming through we can achieve it next season! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Hey everybody. Just checking my game isn't broken...I stepped down from Man City after 4 years to take over at R. Madrid. They gave me a 360 million pound transfer fund. This can't be normal in the game?

theowen wrote: »
    Hey everybody. Just checking my game isn't broken...I stepped down from Man City after 4 years to take over at R. Madrid. They gave me a 360 million pound transfer fund. This can't be normal in the game?

No the AI in the game is a joke, the longer the game goes on, the worse it gets

I was offered the Real Madrid job at one stage in my current save, they offered me a 550m transfer fund and a wage bill of 5m per month but they wouldnt offer me more than 30k p/w!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Dempsey wrote: »
    No the AI in the game is a joke, the longer the game goes on, the worse it gets

I was offered the Real Madrid job at one stage in my current save, they offered me a 550m transfer fund and a wage bill of 5m per month but they wouldnt offer me more than 30k p/w!
    That's crazy. I think I'm just going to quit all together and start with a reading type team, otherwise I'll just end up buying my entire Man City team and that can't be fun...

Yeah, they gave me 55k a week :p

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

theowen wrote: »

same happend me i left man utd to manage madrid with a huge budget . no complaints from my end though !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Won the quadruple in my second season with Arsenal. Only won the Champions league because Lyon magically knocked out Barca in the semis. Probably would of gotten my ass handed to me by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Won the quadruple in my second season with Arsenal. Only won the Champions league because Lyon magically knocked out Barca in the semis. Probably would of gotten my ass handed to me by them.

I done the double in my second with Arsenal.
    Won the prem and FA cup.

I got to the final in the CL but lost to Utd.
    I was 4-1 down to Barca in the Semi's and in the second leg at there ground i bet them 4-0 :D ( They shouldn't have rested Messi )

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

I have not yet scored a goal from a free kick, and I am 3 seasons in is it worth while putting players on set piece training and for how long if I do?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I have not yet scored a goal from a free kick, and I am 3 seasons in is it worth while putting players on set piece training and for how long if I do?:D

I usually assign the players best assigned for free kicks. I dont score a lot but they do happen

• Registered Users Posts: 15,168 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Think this is my favourite goal I've scored on FM12. Scissors kick volley from a throw in on my SC Victoria Hamburg save.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Is it possible to patch Fm 12 for the ipad? ie add proper kits, crests etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Thinking of downloading the demo, what exactly will it allow me to do? Is it just one season or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Thinking of downloading the demo, what exactly will it allow me to do? Is it just one season or something?

6 months. June-December

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

FM12 is on sale on Steam today for something like 5 quid. Rather do that instead of getting the demo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

FM12 is on sale on Steam today for something like 5 quid. Rather do that instead of getting the demo!

Bargain

Advertisement