Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due January/February 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Yes, it's very hard now to get comfortable at all, either on the sofa, or in bed:(. Ah well not long to go now.
    Found out yesterday, that due date I'd been given is few days out, though I suspected that myself. Thankfully it doesn't affect my delivery date, which I got at hospital yesterday. BabyCat will be making his/her entrance on Jan 18th:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I just can't imagine having a 'delivery date'. It seems so alian!! But in saying that Ihad hospital app yesterday and the midwife put down the next appointment for the 10th of Jan though she said she'd be surprised if I wasnt holding my baby before then!!

Though I am due on the 30th of Jan so 14 days after due sdate would be Valentine's for an induction, if I'm still here then I'll be off my head!

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I just can't imagine having a 'delivery date'. It seems so alian!! But in saying that Ihad hospital app yesterday and the midwife put down the next appointment for the 10th of Jan though she said she'd be surprised if I wasnt holding my baby before then!!

Though I am due on the 30th of Jan so 14 days after due sdate would be Valentine's for an induction, if I'm still here then I'll be off my head!

Yes, it's mad ok, but I've never had it any other way. Due on 27th myself, and not the 24th as GP told me, but c section on 18th. I was offered the 18th or 23rd, so I chose the earlier option.
    Please God you won't go over by that much!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

hi Ladies,
    Welcome to the newbies :)
    We had a scan yesterday and baby seems to be doing well, kicking the daylights out of me! :D:D:D
    We have 3 weeks and 5 days to EDD January 10th Wooohooooooo!!!!!!!!! But whos counting......:o

Sleeping isnt really an option at the moment, lying down is quite uncomfortable and sitting on the couch is not an option, Iv taken over the armchair which is much more up right ;)

Im smothered in a cold and cough too which is a pain, Im convinced Im going to cough the baby out!!!:eek::eek::eek:
    I have to hold my bump everytime a coughing fit strikes!

Other than that Im loving christmas build up :D

Hope you are all keeping well

x

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Amelie84

oohhh wow most of ye are due so soon ( january) while dublin Lady and me have 10 more weeks till EDD !!!
    To get a ball into work is not an option, because of safety reasons. (american company)
    But I bought one for myself : )
    Unfortunately it seems like it doesn't matter how or where I sit, it's just sitting in general, which is barely poss.
    Its right under my ribs (front left) and also between my ribs (back left)
    It's like my ribs get squeezed in a sitting position.. we will see, I have requested a half day work instead of full day, but it might not even be an option :( which means I will then have to get out on a sick leave. it feels really bad, but it's just not possible anymore.
    have been trying to stand all day long, but I am sure ye can imagine with extra weight how it feels to stand for about 8 hours ! :/

aahhh I am soo excited for the ones having only a few weeks left !!! :)

@73Cat may I ask why you will have a c section?

• Advertisement

Amelie84, maybe some easy yoga poses cold help, like the one where you sit ont he floor and raise you arms. try youtube for it.

Amelie84 wrote: »
    oohhh wow most of ye are due so soon ( january) while dublin Lady and me have 10 more weeks till EDD !!!
    To get a ball into work is not an option, because of safety reasons. (american company)
    But I bought one for myself : )
    Unfortunately it seems like it doesn't matter how or where I sit, it's just sitting in general, which is barely poss.
    Its right under my ribs (front left) and also between my ribs (back left)
    It's like my ribs get squeezed in a sitting position.. we will see, I have requested a half day work instead of full day, but it might not even be an option :( which means I will then have to get out on a sick leave. it feels really bad, but it's just not possible anymore.
    have been trying to stand all day long, but I am sure ye can imagine with extra weight how it feels to stand for about 8 hours ! :/

aahhh I am soo excited for the ones having only a few weeks left !!! :)

@73Cat may I ask why you will have a c section?

Of course you can:). I have to have c section, as I have had 2 previously. The first as baby was breech, the second as was safer for baby no2, as she was born needing immediate surgery. Was told labour would have put too much strain on her. I was given a vertical incision the first time, which was reopened the second time. So no hope of doing it myself this time, as risk of rupturing my womb:eek:. Have been told this time that they will not reopen the old scar, as I will be at risk of a hernia or damage to my bowels. So am going to be cut across the way giving me 2 scars, yay! There goes my bikini modelling career plans:p!!

Oh god, I feel weak!

Ok, now I'd like to know when the baby is coming but not what they are going to do to me! I hope you have loads of help lines up to assist you in recovering.

In saying that, your baby will be beautiful and wont have all the crooked noses etc that they have when they come through the other exit!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

we are gettin so close now ladies. 4 weeks from today for me. :D cant wait and am officially on maternity leave. lving the run up to christmas and im thinking it will help time fly by. its mad thinking baby is coming soon! havnt got my hosp bag totally sorted yet but its getting there. cant wait to hold my baby. gona try all those tricks they say to help bring labour on!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

we are gettin so close now ladies. 4 weeks from today for me. :D cant wait and am officially on maternity leave. lving the run up to christmas and im thinking it will help time fly by. its mad thinking baby is coming soon! havnt got my hosp bag totally sorted yet but its getting there. cant wait to hold my baby. gona try all those tricks they say to help bring labour on!!:D

Get that bag packed red!!! Fingers crossed ya won't be left waiting too long!! Apparently sex is the only thing that actually works!! A man probably made that up tho!!!

• Advertisement

dublinlady wrote: »
    Get that bag packed red!!! Fingers crossed ya won't be left waiting too long!! Apparently sex is the only thing that actually works!! A man probably made that up tho!!!

picking up the last few bits (i think!) for hosp bag tomorrow. im usually really organised but not so much now!!! i cleaned out my kitchen presses yesterday which im quiet happy with!

as for the sex?? well if it works im willing to try it.;) tho the lower abdominal and vague groin pains for the last 3 nights might dictate otherwise!:rolleyes:

omg we are all getting closer :) 1. of all: HAPPY CHRISTMAS! I hope ye all had great days!

ya, getting comfortable isn't as easy anymore. . get a nice sleep neither.. it's kinda funny how you wake up just to turn!! haha

I was told too, to pack the hospital bag. Since one I know had a baby eek 32 and someone else actually never really packed the bags (had the baby 10 days early) but then the husband had to get the right things.. and imagine that! it just can't work !! haha

I wish you all a NICE NEW YEAR now and then the time will *hopefully* fly :)

omg we are all getting closer :) 1. of all: HAPPY CHRISTMAS! I hope ye all had great days!

ya, getting comfortable isn't as easy anymore. . get a nice sleep neither.. it's kinda funny how you wake up just to turn!! haha

I was told too, to pack the hospital bag. Since one I know had a baby eek 32 and someone else actually never really packed the bags (had the baby 10 days early) but then the husband had to get the right things.. and imagine that! it just can't work !! haha

I wish you all a NICE NEW YEAR now and then the time will *hopefully* fly :)

Happy Christmas :)
    I know what you mean - its getting very difficult to get comfy in bed now - no matter what way i lie I seem to get a pain somewhere!!
    32 weeks down... 8 to go - will try get the hosp bag packed this week! Feel huge nOw - cant believe I've so long to go - walking and standing are often difficult depending on what way the baby is sitting! I feel bad for complaining as I don't really care - so happy to be pregnant and so so happy all seems to be well with my little girl :) can't wait to meet her and am going to try to enjoy the next 7-8 weeks!!
    So exciting!!! :)

Happy Christmas :)
    I know what you mean - its getting very difficult to get comfy in bed now - no matter what way i lie I seem to get a pain somewhere!!
    32 weeks down... 8 to go - will try get the hosp bag packed this week! Feel huge nOw - cant believe I've so long to go - walking and standing are often difficult depending on what way the baby is sitting! I feel bad for complaining as I don't really care - so happy to be pregnant and so so happy all seems to be well with my little girl :) can't wait to meet her and am going to try to enjoy the next 7-8 weeks!!
    So exciting!!! :)

hey guys! i know EXACTLY how yas feel. im in serious countdown now as i am over 37 weeks now!! cant believe how fast time has flown. really feeling heavily pregnant now. my husband has to turn me in bed sometimes cos i just feel so heavy.(and cant turn myself:rolleyes:) also sleep the last week is not great. keep wakening up with lower abdominal pain. it goes then in the mornin when i get up. its obviously the way baby is lying and my body preparing hopefully!!

during the night is def a low point but then in the mornin im grand and excited and cant wait. i find im already looking for signs of labour!! gettin up from the seat and sitting down are an effort. i love it tho and im not really complaining cos ive been lucky enough symptoms wise and baby seems to be fine so please God we wil both come out fine from labour. i find i tend to worry a little bout baby bein ok. its madness. cant wait to meet this little one putting my belly all out of shape. it wants to come out through my sides!! :rolleyes::D i know we are always thinking our babies are coming but sometimes the thought REALLY comes and i get so excited.:D

hope ye all had a great christmas and have a happy new year!:D

God I can't imagine 37 weeks... That's another 5 weeks growth!!! I can't imagine how heavy and uncomfortable you must feel!!! I know what ya mean tho - on one side it's hard and ya just want to moan about the pain of it all but on the other - the bigger side :) - you still can't believe how lucky you are to be pregnant!! And how amazing it is to feel the crazy kicks and wiggles!!! Try not to worry about labour - its one day after so long waiting - and as I keep telling myself - who is to say it won't be easy and straight forward for me!! You and your baby will be perfect - so exciting!!

God I can't imagine 37 weeks... That's another 5 weeks growth!!! I can't imagine how heavy and uncomfortable you must feel!!! I know what ya mean tho - on one side it's hard and ya just want to moan about the pain of it all but on the other - the bigger side :) - you still can't believe how lucky you are to be pregnant!! And how amazing it is to feel the crazy kicks and wiggles!!! Try not to worry about labour - its one day after so long waiting - and as I keep telling myself - who is to say it won't be easy and straight forward for me!! You and your baby will be perfect - so exciting!!

its great that we all understand how we are feeling. def makes me feel better!!:) cant wait to meet this little one. my husband is even more impatient. im not toooooooo worried bout the labour.:rolleyes::eek: i have my plan but am open to whatever happens, if i need epidural i will get it etc. think its more the anticipation of baby arriving safely and us both bein ok. i really cant wait!! at the same time it doesnt feel like im 37 weeks pregnant. time seems to have flown. its january next week!!!:D

hey guys! i know EXACTLY how yas feel. im in serious countdown now as i am over 37 weeks now!! cant believe how fast time has flown. really feeling heavily pregnant now. my husband has to turn me in bed sometimes cos i just feel so heavy.(and cant turn myself:rolleyes:) also sleep the last week is not great. keep wakening up with lower abdominal pain. it goes then in the mornin when i get up. its obviously the way baby is lying and my body preparing hopefully!!

during the night is def a low point but then in the mornin im grand and excited and cant wait. i find im already looking for signs of labour!! gettin up from the seat and sitting down are an effort. i love it tho and im not really complaining cos ive been lucky enough symptoms wise and baby seems to be fine so please God we wil both come out fine from labour. i find i tend to worry a little bout baby bein ok. its madness. cant wait to meet this little one putting my belly all out of shape. it wants to come out through my sides!! :rolleyes::D i know we are always thinking our babies are coming but sometimes the thought REALLY comes and i get so excited.:D

hope ye all had a great christmas and have a happy new year!:D

Yes it's great that we al pretty much feel the same :) at least someone understands haha!! ya, turning in bed is almost funny! and I will still get bigger OMG had to laugh about your husband helps you to turn :D
    wow 37 weeks. are you in week 37 or 37 weeks gone? Cos when you are in week 38 (37+) your baby is full term !!! so I would definitively feel the same and always look for signs.. that's me and dublinlady in only 5 weeks!!!

Ya somehow everything is hard. sitting (for me) is sore in my ribs, getting up from a sofa is not easy! so best are the "gym balls" and sitting on the front of a chair (like a kid) hahato get up on ur own.
    And standing too long is just getting heavy too. Walking does sometimes slow me down, when the baby decides to lay on my bladder, which can be painful. as soon as its moved away I can walk on in normal speed again. :roll eyes:

I've got a different question for ye all tho. Have ye decided what nappies ye will go for? Pampers I'd say is just most "popular" but a friend of mine, does not use them because she says they smell chemical.
    and I don't mind the brand, but would like something good.

sometimes I feel too, like I would only complain. but the whole pregnancy is just sooo exciting and looking back, I can't really complain at all :)

I'm going to get pampers newborn for the first couple of weeks - the shape is meant to be good for a newborn . But then I will prob get the lidl ones as all my friends keep telling me how great they are and cheap too!

Yes it's great that we al pretty much feel the same :) at least someone understands haha!! ya, turning in bed is almost funny! and I will still get bigger OMG had to laugh about your husband helps you to turn :D
    wow 37 weeks. are you in week 37 or 37 weeks gone? Cos when you are in week 38 (37+) your baby is full term !!! so I would definitively feel the same and always look for signs.. that's me and dublinlady in only 5 weeks!!!

Ya somehow everything is hard. sitting (for me) is sore in my ribs, getting up from a sofa is not easy! so best are the "gym balls" and sitting on the front of a chair (like a kid) hahato get up on ur own.
    And standing too long is just getting heavy too. Walking does sometimes slow me down, when the baby decides to lay on my bladder, which can be painful. as soon as its moved away I can walk on in normal speed again. :roll eyes:

I've got a different question for ye all tho. Have ye decided what nappies ye will go for? Pampers I'd say is just most "popular" but a friend of mine, does not use them because she says they smell chemical.
    and I don't mind the brand, but would like something good.

sometimes I feel too, like I would only complain. but the whole pregnancy is just sooo exciting and looking back, I can't really complain at all :)

im in week 38 so technically i am full term and just waiting!!! not very patiently! i find if baby doesnt move when i want it to i start to worry. then an hour later it can be wriggling mad. just really cant wait to meet him/her.

on the walking sometimes i can be flying along at my normal/fast pace then after a few mins ill be outof breath and wondering to myself why am i walking so fast!! its mad. a 5 min walk had me wrecked today. i also may have a bit of a waddle sometimes.:rolleyes:

as for nappies. well we have bought pampers to start off with and we will see how we go then.

I'm going to get pampers newborn for the first couple of weeks - the shape is meant to be good for a newborn . But then I will prob get the lidl ones as all my friends keep telling me how great they are and cheap too!

I think I will do the same. Start of with pampers and then I just read, that many like the Lidl ones.. Maybe a good Idea.

Red_Fr. I zoo can imagine how impatient you are!! I hope for you its rather soon than over- due !!! aahh :) am excited with ya. tell us how you get on and if u've got any signs :)

When my baby is "quiet" I just have to stroke my tummy and say: hello baby.. and it will "wake up" or move instantly.. but mostly I try not to "wake it" since its almost 90% awake (feels like it) hehe

good luck and all the best, keep us updated tho :)

• Advertisement

Hi everyone,
    delighted to hear we are all enjoying Christmas, even if we're not really sleeping! Its week 39 for me :eek::D:eek:

I just cant wait to meet our little one, although it does feel like its a bit lost at the mo cos he/she is burrowing up under my ribs or trying to get out the side hahaha! :o

Turning in bed is definately a challenge, one that wakes me every time and my ankles are starting to swell slightly if i stand for too long in the day.

Starting to get super excited, C'MON JANUARY!!! :D:D:D

Take care

x

Quins5 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    delighted to hear we are all enjoying Christmas, even if we're not really sleeping! Its week 39 for me :eek::D:eek:

I just cant wait to meet our little one, although it does feel like its a bit lost at the mo cos he/she is burrowing up under my ribs or trying to get out the side hahaha! :o

Turning in bed is definately a challenge, one that wakes me every time and my ankles are starting to swell slightly if i stand for too long in the day.

Starting to get super excited, C'MON JANUARY!!! :D:D:D

Take care

x

ill be in week 39 tomorrow!!!:D and my little one also likes to try come out my sides. i love it! not sure if its elbows or knees or heels tho!!

i wake several times a night, never thought it would be me turnin that wakes me up but it prob is!!

gettin really excited also. and impatient!!:D

whats your due date again?

I'm 35 weeks and my bump has totally changed. I was up all night 2 nights ago with a teething baby no.1. Since that morning, my bump is top heavy. I dont think the head is down anymore. Once my 1st baby's head went down that was it, it stayed down until my hips totally spread out and I couldnt wear my maternity clothes.

This time, all the mass is at the top and I'm smaller at the bottom, looks like I may not be going early after all......

Due January 10th Redfraggle ... ... ... :D:D:D

Wots your EDD?

Wots your EDD?

oo cool. im jan 13th!!!:eek::D cant wait:D

Wots your EDD?

oo cool. im jan 13th!!!:eek::D cant wait:D

Getting very close for you guys!!!!!! Happy new yr to everyone :)
    Delighted it's January and time is ticking by!! Can't wait for feb 20th! Starting to get anxious about the baby being ok for no reason - I really just couldn't bear the thoughts if anything bad happening... I know it's ridiculous as she's kicking away all the time and giving me no cause for concern! I said this to my own mum and she said she still feels the same anxiety about me all the time !! I guess it's just part of being a mum :)
    Can't wait to see her , what she looks like , what size she'll be and if she'll be quiet or noisy!! Can't wait to dress her and bathe her and cuddle her!! Can't wait to see my hubbie holding her! I just generally CANT WAIT!!!!!! Hehe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Future Baby

I was due the 4th of Jan, but my little man arrived on Xmas Day all 9lb 7oz of him. Best of luck to the rest of ye, hope that all goes well and fall in love with ur little bundle of joy like I did the minute I saw him. I loved reading all the threads over the past few months, and I'm sure that I will see some of ye on the newborn and toddler section in the next few week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Is anyone else getting mental baby-related dreams lately? I'm 34 and a half weeks, and every night I have some weird baby dream (some horrific but mostly just odd/funny).

Maybe I am subconsciously more anxious than I realised!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I was due the 4th of Jan, but my little man arrived on Xmas Day all 9lb 7oz of him. Best of luck to the rest of ye, hope that all goes well and fall in love with ur little bundle of joy like I did the minute I saw him. I loved reading all the threads over the past few months, and I'm sure that I will see some of ye on the newborn and toddler section in the next few week.
    Congratulations!!!

Hope all is well with you and baby.

• Advertisement

Guys we have to keep the legs crossed for another few days, there's a discussion on After Hours detailing the suffering of adults blighted by having their birthday at this time of the year.

Over x-mas seems to be the worst time to have a birthday, closely followed by now till the 27th of Jan (pay day!)....

Advertisement