Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

• 25-02-2011 8:11am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have you got that Friday feeling? :D How is your day going? Who has any special plans with their pet dogs/cats/hamsters/earthworms etc. ?

I'm off to walk my dog soon before breakfast, then try and locate and figure out what to do about a heavily pregnant very young cat I saw wandering about yesterday. Tomorrow is agility day so busy morning then chillout for the rest of the day with no kids here, yay! :D unless the cat problem hasn't been sorted out of course :rolleyes:

Suggestions for what to do on Sunday on a postcard please! (or just post them on the thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

No friday feeling here. I'm working tomorow and sunday night, I'm trying to shove the whole weekend into a few hours each day.

The only plan I really have for today is a take away and a glass of wine. Tomorrow I'd like to bring the two dogs up the mountains (phoes first "adventure") but I'm not sure I'll have the time this weekend.

So much washing and cleaning to catch up on. Desperately want to catch up on some sleep too. And look here I am wasting time!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Major friday feeling for me :D

Once I get the voting out of the way, it's home for the friday ritual. Myself and my other half on the couch watching the Late Late show, flanked on either side by a 6mth old and 4 mth old kitten. Bottle of wine and pizza....one cat eats some of the meat from the pizza while the other likes to take the stuffed crust and run away with it.
    No wine for the kitties but they are treated to a box of whiskas temptations.:rolleyes:

We all cuddle up together on our couch - its my happy place.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

poconnor16 wrote: »
    We all cuddle up together on our couch - its my happy place.:o

Thats so cute :)

What a crap year, its just one thing after another and I am getting so sick of it all :mad:

My foster dog is pregnant :eek: and the dope of an owner that surrendered her doesnt know who she was mated with. Hope she'll be ok, she is such a baby. I havent a clue about baby dogs and them being born!

Tillygirl - I'm jealous! I know it's a worrying time but so exciting as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Oh ya I know, I cant wait for the pups to be born and her to be ok. Its just we both work fulltime so maybe a different foster home with more time would be more suitable? I dunno..Im gonna miss her so much when she is rehomed.

Hows Phoenix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Well, I'm picking up our foster dog tomorrow so that's my weekend taken care of, settling her in and hopefully she will get on with my dog and they will be good pals and if it all works out we may even end up keeping her, but I'll try and wait for a couple of months to decide that (am I fooling anyone?!)

Very excited, a bit scared (first foster), getting the crate out of the garage and the bedding all clean, fingers crossed.

Maybe you're right about a more suitable foster home. Pity isn't it, because I'm sure it's something amazing to be a part of. I'd love to have a pregnant bitch here. I know it'd be a lot of work, but something I'd really like to experience.

He's doing great. Getting well able to express himself! Crying to come in from the back garden and crying in his crate, but if left out in the kitchen and I leave the room, crying to come with me. It seems to be a phase that started in the last 2 or 3 days.

He's like a little bird though, once you cover the crate he goes asleep :D

Tranceypoo - you're not fooling anyone :pac: Best of luck! I'm sure you know this already, but the way you handle the 2 dogs intro's will have a huge impact on how they get along. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Got my voting out of the way at 7.05 this morning.Chinese and a movie tonight.

Cars NCT is tomorrow at 4.00 so I`ll spend tomorrow getting that ready.

Thread stickied BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Very excited, a bit scared (first foster), getting the crate out of the garage and the bedding all clean, fingers crossed.

If you are scared & excited the dog will pick up on it. Have a glass or two & chill then your dog won't feel so stressed. Act like it's no big deal. You've bought a mate home & it's up to them to get on.

I sympathise with you poor peeps who need a chillout zone - I am permanently chilled :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Thanks guys, I think I will be ok, I'm picturing them running round the field together, my dog is very laid back and loves other dogs and apparently she is very similar personality so I'm sure it will be fine, I'm going to take them for a walk in the woods and then home for some quiet time, I'm not going to make a huge fuss of her, just let her settle in and find her feet/paws in her own time and let her get into our routine, I will post some pictures soon!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Well my plans for the start of the weekend got slightly sidetracked, I got in from work to find my daughter had taken the small dogs for a walk... well done I hear you say, well it would have been much better if she had washed the smallest one before I got home!

dirtydoggy.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dirtydoggy.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

She thought I'd get a laugh out of the state of her... oh and she hates giving her a bath :rolleyes:

Edit: Hopefully picture works first time i've tried it this way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

Voting is done, dogs are walked and are now sitting comfortably on the couch with my mother watching TV in the other room, while I am putting together a slideshow for this Sunday's Irish Girl Guides Thinking Day celebration in Athlone. When the dogs realised that I was going to be sitting at the kitchen table for a while and that my lap was not sufficient for all three of them to lie on (though bless them, they did try), they decided to go to my mother.

I have been abandoned!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Ooohhh, I got stickied! and at a time when stickies are being removed because there's too many :eek:

I couldn't find that ruddy cat anywhere! At least the voting got done, let's hope for at least some sort of competent people, I think it's going to be a fairly mixed bunch, maybe that's a good thing, maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Voted this morning early, walked the hound, slaved for 8 hours!!

Home now and having a few glass of wine :D

Working sunday so tonights my "off" night .

Currently being given the 'You Dont Love Me' eyes from a spoilt
    rotten 5 year old pom cross just because I wont get down on my knees
    and Play with teddy with her :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

It's Saturday night here which means movie time :) I'm going to bring my fella for his evening walk aaallllll the way down to the local Chinese in a minute and then have him prancing like a pony the whole way back trying to walk to heel and get a good whiff of the food at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Thread stickied BTW.
    Why?

Theres already an Non Animally Off topic thread, why another one? I still disagree with the decision to unstickie "Departed Pets" yet theres now another waffly thread stickied at the top of the forum.
    Sorry no offence AJ at all.

:mad:

I think AJ started this thread because the off topic thread was turned into a feedback thread because the feedback thread was closed.

I think the idea is any feedback like this is in the off topic thread and this thread is for just a bit of chat and chilling out.

(thread)

This is the place where old discodogs can come & be whispered to by adrenaline junkies. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Whispered wrote: »
    I think the idea is any feedback like this is in the off topic thread and this thread is for just a bit of chat and chilling out.
    The other threads were unstickied as Seamus said the top of the page was getting cluttered. Stickying this one aswell as an "off topic" thread defeats the purpose no? I dont look at the Off topic thread and this one i definitely wont look at much. So for me its 2 pointless threads stickied when others have been let go.

/*grumbles* as im still annoyed over Departed Pets. Ill take it to PM sorry folks dont wanna ruin it for ya.

Discodog wrote: »
    This is the place where old discodogs can come & be whispered to by adrenaline junkies. :D

*whispers* Leave me alone or I'll scream

:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Discodog wrote: »

Why are you still here if you don't need to chill :rolleyes:

Anniehoo - this wasn't supposed to be an off-topic thread, it's a what are doing with your pets today that isn't worth starting a thread about thread.

Issues re: threads and any grievances with mod decisions etc. are to be aired in the off-topic thread not the thread they relate to. I don't know why, I just started a nice friendly thread because I got fed up reading about posters arguing with each other and with mods :p

Anyway someones having a party next door and my dog is extremely annoyed that she wasn't invited. I suspect she's going to winge about it all night :(. I still didn't find that cat either so my chill is ruined now anyway. :rolleyes:

Well at least you're in a position to at least listen to a party! I'm here in work. 2 dogs at home wrecked after a busy day and husband out watching some sports and playing poker.

Found out today I'm being brought to London for a night for my birthday in 2 week. :eek: That's after almost 10 years of me having to remind him it's my birthday. Could get used to this being married malarkey.

We went for a good long exploring walk today. The two dogs had a blast. We saw deer, frogs, a heaving mass of frog spawn (lovely to see so much) we sunbathed on a few big rocks, then got hailed on, sheltered under a tree. About this time phoe got really p'd off. The first few photos show him looking happy and running around. the last few show him with an angry little face. Harley bless him just looks delighted with life all the time.

Have you decided what to do with sunday yet AJ?

Have you decided what to do with sunday yet AJ?

I have to collect a bale of hay . . . . somehow, because the grass is refusing to grow no matter how much I scream at it :rolleyes:. Then I'll walk around like a zombie for a while due my hectic social life a.k.a. the privillage of hearing a party as background music to a dog wingeing and crying because the door refuses to open itself so she introduce herself to a load of drunk people. :p

*whispers* Leave me alone or I'll scream
    :p
    Why are you still here if you don't need to chill :rolleyes:

Gosh you ladies know how to hurt :p

Still partying away AJ?

DD I was just being a bit of a bitch, but I think AJ might be playing hard to get. :pac:

Afraid so, some people seem to have left though so at least it doesn't look like an all-nighter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I have the first two rounds done and am having a quick look through the net and trying NOT to look at my van every time I walk past it...

I am still reeling from the destruction caused in such a short time by such a placid dog...

I'm sure you felt like having a rethink of EGARS no kill policy.

How are you feeling now? Any hope of getting it sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I am supposed to get a dashboard tomorrow but there are wires sticking out everywhere and bits I don't even know what they are.. This is going to be very expensive and to be honest, I am feeling like throwing the towel.. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Monday morning here, 5.30am. Hubby gone to work for the week, dog's bed moved back to the foot of our bed (hubby insists on dog's bed being outside our door when he's home). Was going to walk dog early, but he's snoring here and doesn't want to get up!! Going to go clean kitchen instead. :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement