Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

STS-132 Atlantis 14/5/10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

lord lucan wrote: »
    the_commander_hat_red-p148327720901548115qz14_400.jpg

It, its, its perfect.

Have to get my hands on one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Tax Day Sale - 10.40% off ALL ORDERS!

Better Hurry before Obama cuts it !!!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

A quick overview of up comming events for 132

April 20 Rollout to Pad 39A
    April 20 Crew at KSC for TCDT {terminal countdown demonstration test}
    April 22 Launch pad Q & A
    April 23 TCDT {terminal countdown demonstration test} to T-0
    April 28 program Flight Readiness Review
    May 03 Preflight briefings
    May 05 executive Flight Readiness Review
    May 10 crew to KSC for launch
    May 11 countdown begins
    May 14 19:29 {Irish time} Launch
    May 16 Docking
    May 23 Undocking
    May 26 Landing {Time to be Determined}

Beeker wrote: »
    April 28 program Flight Readiness Review
    May 03 Preflight briefings

Which of those is the main decider of launch date/time?

• Advertisement

The executive FRR on May 5th will be the final decision when an official date and time are set.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

May 05 executive Flight Readiness Review. Thats the big one, it all hangs on this one.:)

Thanks guys.

Payload canister moving to the pad.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19698.0;attach=214205;imageindex.php?action=dlattach;topic=19698.0;attach=214212;image
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19698.0;attach=214218;imageindex.php?action=dlattach;topic=19698.0;attach=214243;image

Payload canister at Pad 39A. Payload will wait until Atlantis arrives next week before being installed into her payload bay.
    20102735m.jpg
    20102733m.jpg
    20102731m.jpg

• Advertisement

It'd be a shame if they had to delay Atlantis because of STS-134. The processing flow has been brilliant,they're flying along with having Atlantis ready for STS-132.

It'd be a shame if they had to delay Atlantis because of STS-134. The processing flow has been brilliant,they're flying along with having Atlantis ready for STS-132.

If they do I shall write a letter of complaint.

If they do I shall write a letter of complaint.
    I know it would be no good to you but I hate the speed at which these last few flights are going at. I would like time to savour each one and look forward to the next but everything is happening together with these last few. Pity they would only fly every six months or so.:(

I know it would be no good to you but I hate the speed at which these last few flights are going at. I would like time to savour each one and look forward to the next but everything is happening together with these last few. Pity they would only fly every six months or so.:(

I did feel like that but there'd be a certain element of dragging it out if they done that. I've got September in my head and once they go and come back safely then i'm happy.:)

I did feel like that but there'd be a certain element of dragging it out if they done that. I've got September in my head and once they go and come back safely then i'm happy.:)
    You are right of course. It will be nice to have all 3 home safely and retired to museums wher we can get to see them all up close. {Mrs Beeker is not going to be pleased about that little pilgrimage:D}
    I just don't want it all to end, it has been such a major part of my life since I was 13 that it will feel like a death to me:(

You are right of course. It will be nice to have all 3 home safely and retired to museums wher we can get to see them all up close. {Mrs Beeker is not going to be pleased about that little pilgrimage:D}
    I just don't want it all to end, it has been such a major part of my life since I was 13 that it will feel like a death to me:(

I'll plan a little trip to see my baby Atlantis wherever she ends up. It'll be great to see her up close even if it'll be sad that she should be flying and not sitting in a museum.

Atlantis getting ready to roll out.:):)

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19698.0;attach=215257;image

Rollout was delayed due to lightning. New attempt at 23:00 Irish time tonight.

Great panoramic shot of Atlantis(:)) in the VAB.

http://nasatech.net/STS-132VAB100419/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Atlantis getting ready to roll out.:):)

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19698.0;attach=215257;image

Every time i see those buildings jez they look bigger and bigger , savage size Leo

• Advertisement

Already prebooked a bus tour that have tickets for causeway. They're more expensive but your guaranteed a spot. I'm still going to try for them, have a few people on standby to try aswell. Can cancel the tour if we do get them.

Already prebooked a bus tour that have tickets for causeway. They're more expensive but your guaranteed a spot. I'm still going to try for them, have a few people on standby to try aswell. Can cancel the tour if we do get them.

You're better off with the tour imo. I tried getting tickets online last november and causeway tickets were gone in seconds. Bought a KSC visitor centre viewing ticket as back up and ended up getting charged for 9!!!!

You're better off with the tour imo. I tried getting tickets online last november and causeway tickets were gone in seconds. Bought a KSC visitor centre viewing ticket as back up and ended up getting charged for 9!!!!

Really? Im staying in Titusville the night before and after so thought it was a bit of waste of money paying for transport when we're 90% of the way there already.

Really? Im staying in Titusville the night before and after so thought it was a bit of waste of money paying for transport when we're 90% of the way there already.

It's nearly quicker to get back to Orlando from KSC than it is to get to Titusville. Traffic is crazy on launch day. Thousands inside KSC and many more thousands at it's perimeter and Titusville and Cocoa Beach.

I found the tour was great,no stress involved,just had to turn up.:)

Rollout was delayed due to lightning. New attempt at 23:00 Irish time tonight.

Now delayed again until 11.00 Irish time tomorrow(Wednesday).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Great panoramic shot of Atlantis(:)) in the VAB.

http://nasatech.net/STS-132VAB100419/

another one to keep!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Stargate wrote: »
    Every time i see those buildings jez they look bigger and bigger , savage size Leo

Stargate since You are TOO modest to admit to it i will just have to Grass You up:D

The 'MY WEBSITE' link on SG's Sig is ALL his own work,including the links to Spaceflight!{needs a bit of maintanence and updating SG:)}

cheers!

Here's another panoramic shot,up close with Atlantis.(Where's a love heart smilie when you want one?)

http://nasatech.net/STS-132VAB2_100419/

You can pan all around the high bay and up and down Atlantis!:)

• Advertisement

Now delayed again until 11.00 Irish time tomorrow(Wednesday).

Between 12.30 and 13.00 now!

Advertisement