Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oil burner solenoid problem?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

GatsbyDub wrote: »
    You there, Jim?

Are you getting worried :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 GatsbyDub

JamesM wrote: »
    Are you getting worried :eek:
    An exact match for the Grant 50-90?

The flange of the Riello G3B would not butt up the boiler casing. Had to hand carve a shape in The blue outer casing of the Grant easy clean.

Got that sorted. Could'nt figure out how to change the air pressure to between 3 and 4, so left it as shipped.

Had everything set up and the hose supplied with the Riello woudn't fit the ''fire safety valve. The hose was larger than the one on the Minor 1.

Went to B&Q tonight to get a valve that would take a 10mm in and a 10mm thread for the hose.

And....of course....they didn't have one. So, I just got a coupling 10mm to 10mm and am hoping it'll do the job until I source the correct 'in-line' valve. Suggestions on that, please.

I told you the house was like an 'ice box', so I phoned Barrett's of Maynooth at 8 this morning so that I would catch the delivery guy. They said it would be with me at 12.30. I phoned them at 1 to see where he was. He was in Balbriggan with me burner. I live in Leixlip, so he had to pass the area to get to Balbriggan.

Again I read the instructions, removed the Minor 1 etc, Barrett's were closed. That's why I went to B&Q.

Do I use PTFE tape on the thread from the hose to the fitting. I took the olive and cap off it to screw the hose on to one end.

aaaaAAAAAAAARRRRRRGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

As far as I remember, you take off the front casing on that boiler (2 screws at the top) - no need to cut it. Then the flange bolts to the boiler.
    Leave the air adjustment alone.
    The bag of fittings should have a 3/8th nipple that will screw into the (usual) 3/8th fire valve. (unscrew the nipple that is already screwed into the fire valve). Use PTFE tape. The flexible oil line will then connect to this. You may have an unusual fire valve with male threads (not very common).
    Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nissan14

were can you buy the salonide

Advertisement