Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Red hot chillies in Dublin

• 27-07-2004 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Where in Dublin could I get some fresh Jalapeno, Birdseye or Scotch Bonnets chillies?

Comments

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Dunnes do a small pack with a selection of four or five different chillies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lilo moo

chillies are always so disappointing in ireland - especially jalapenos! they're never hot enough! it's not fair :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

The chillies that you really want to buy are the habenero chillies, they are to die for. They really get the party started in your mouth and then they finish it off in your stomach. Also if you want somethin really hot and tasty, try wasabi.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Haven't found my fresh chilli source, but I picked up a jar of pickeled habaneros by a company called Mero Mero based in Blackrock. They have a stand in the Temple Bar food market. Damn tasty, damn hot. Just had some now and I am positively glowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I find it difficult to get any decent chillies where I live (Ballinteer). My local Superquinn is crap, I have to get them in town, which I only get to at the weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the asian supermarket on abbey st. (just past the *dutch* australian ice cream place) on the left as you follow the luas towards the back of the jervis centre definately has a good selection of chilli's. most of them are dried, and you might need to take a translator along as most of the labelling is in chinese, but they have some good stuff there, and lots of other curious things you might like too.

tesco's sometimes have the smaller birds eye chilli's as well as the milder large red/green selection pack if you hunt around.

Advertisement