Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Today, 02:11   #7141
washman3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yop View Post
O'Shea was concussed, they didn't want to let him on at all it seems. Himself and COC was split open.
AOS was not concussed, this has been confirmed.
He simply did not recover from the first game, which doesn't say much for Mayo's S and C regime. Boyle was in the same boat.

The sooner Connacht gets competitive again the better.
People on here celebrating 3/4 consecutive titles. As it stands now a Connacht medal holds the same value as a McGrath Cup medal would for Kerry/Cork.
Advertisement
Today, 02:15   #7142
realweirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by washman3 View Post
He simply did not recover from the first game, which doesn't say much for Mayo's S and C regime. Boyle was in the same boat.

People on here celebrating 3/4 consecutive titles. As it stands now a Connacht medal holds the same value as a McGrath Cup medal would for Kerry/Cork.
I for one wasn't celebrating 4 consecutive titles in Connacht. However, we aren't talking about 1 Connacht title, we are talking about a four in a row of provincial titles which even Kerry haven't managed in a while so get off your high horse. I know Connacht doesn't mean much but it does mean something. Did Kerry celebrate winning Munster this year? G'wan yee did, didn't yee.

And as for celebrating, you'd swear Kerry won the AI the way they celebrated Saturday. Pitch invasions and everything. My understanding was AOS was concussed. Your posts are a bit laughable to be honest. Kerry have won nothing yet.
Today, 02:20   #7143
washman3

Quote:
Originally Posted by realweirdo View Post
Ah look. AOS is an outstanding player.

And in all fairness he was concussed for most of the game and was also off as a blood sub for something like 10 minutes.

One average game due mainly to what I just said and suddenly he should be "taken off a pedestal". Get real. For setting up the goal alone he was worth his place on the team.

Any team in the country would be glad to have him, Kerry included.
Outstanding player but would he make Kerry, Dublin or Donegal teams right now.? simple answer, NO.
For me, only Boyle, Higgins, C.O.C. and S.O.S. would make the other 'big 3' at this point in time.
In fact I would have S.O.S. yards ahead of his brother as he is a much better team player.
Today, 02:24   #7144
realweirdo

I also forgot to mention O'Shea got polaxed after releasing the ball to COC for the goal. One of the dirtiest tackles I have seen in a long time. Reminded me of the tackle on Mickey Ned Sullivan by two Dublin men in the 1970s. How O'Shea got up from that I'll never know. How Enright didn't get a straight red equally.
Today, 02:27   #7145
realweirdo

Quote:
In fact I would have S.O.S. yards ahead of his brother as he is a much better team player.
Again, another joke. He set up COC for a goal and took a massive hit for the team in the process. Clearly you only watch Mayo the odd time. Right, that's it not going to take any of your further posts seriously.
Advertisement
Today, 02:29   #7146
washman3

Quote:
I for one wasn't celebrating 4 consecutive titles in Connacht. However, we aren't talking about 1 Connacht title, we are talking about a four in a row of provincial titles which even Kerry haven't managed in a while so get off your high horse. I know Connacht doesn't mean much but it does mean something. Did Kerry celebrate winning Munster this year? G'wan yee did, didn't yee.

And as for celebrating, you'd swear Kerry won the AI the way they celebrated Saturday. Pitch invasions and everything. My understanding was AOS was concussed. Your posts are a bit laughable to be honest. Kerry have won nothing yet.
I attended as a neutral as the game was walking distance from me.
But I roared my head off for Mayo as I wanted them to go all the way, and have for years. And I hope Donegal win the final now.
Munster means very little to Kerry now, they just go thru the motions TBH, same as they do for the league. They might 'celebrate' for 30 mins on the pitch but that's it, for the players anyway.! supporters may be different.
Today, 02:33   #7147
washman3

Quote:
I also forgot to mention O'Shea got polaxed after releasing the ball to COC for the goal. One of the dirtiest tackles I have seen in a long time. Reminded me of the tackle on Mickey Ned Sullivan by two Dublin men in the 1970s. How O'Shea got up from that I'll never know. How Enright didn't get a straight red equally.
If you read mine I mentioned it already..!!
Enright took him out, should have walked and Mayo would most likely have won. Disgraceful decision.
Today, 04:49   #7148
Syferus

Quote:

AOS or COC may not have been concussed but they were most certainly both fücked after their collision.

Happened right in front of me. Neither looked right afterwards, nevermind the bloody mess it caused. AOS was caught in no man's land so much it wasn't even funny when he returned. The difference was so stark before and after to put it down to conditioning is faintly ridiculous. That one collision probably cost Mayo the match.

Last edited by Syferus; Today at 04:55.
Today, 08:01   #7149
yop

Quote:

Sorry horseen but he was, confirmed by the man himself.
As for celebrating Connacht 4 in a row..... where did this come out of?
Advertisement
Today, 08:22   #7150
km79

Quote:
Originally Posted by yop View Post
Sorry horseen but he was, confirmed by the man himself.
As for celebrating Connacht 4 in a row..... where did this come out of?
I've been saying since the incident happened that I'll be AMAZED if he was not concussed. He came in for a lot of "treatment" from Kerry again (yes I'm aware it was clash of heads with Cillian that did the most damage ). Got damn all frees despite having lads HANGING off him
Thanks from:
Today, 08:28   #7151
lorenzo87

If what happened to AOS and COC on that field happened in a game of soccer in the Premier League, they would have been rushed to hospital. It was a huge collission, it takes a lot to keep Aidan on the ground and even then he was up fast enough. He is the ultimate warrior, and although he does over-carry the ball in my opinion, he would walk onto any team in the country, Dublin included.
(3) thanks from:
Today, 10:04   #7152
Fr Tod Umptious

Quote:

Your totally oblivious to what winning a provincial championship means in this day and age.

For serious teams winning their province is essential for two reasons.

1. It means that you know exactly when and where you will be playing your next game and you can prepare accordingly.
2. It means you avoid the other big guns in the competition at the QF stage.
Put it this way, do you think Monaghan would have preferred to play Dublin or Armagh in the QF this year?

Since 2011 only one provincial champion has lost a QF.
That's not a coincidence

Last edited by Fr Tod Umptious; Today at 10:08.
Today, 10:07   #7153
Fr Tod Umptious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber5000 View Post
One name I have not seen mentioned who I really feel would be the best man for the job is Rory Gallagher..He's currently managing Kilcar in Donegal and had them in unbelievable shape with super tactics when they won the Comortas Peile na Gaeltachta in June on TG4..He was McGuinness's right hand man for the all ireland and had massive respect from the players..I feel he is the type of manager who would really endere himself with the Mayo players as a young energetic ambitous person..Crucially I feel he would have no preconceptions of some of the Mayo team something which I feel both McStay and McHale have of some current Mayo players..I really believe he would place us in the best position to win Sam over the next few years
Before I'd consider Gallagher I'd like to see him manage a county team (did he manage Fermanagh at one stage, how did he get on ?)

I'd like to see him separated from McGuinness at that level to really judge him.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion