Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have a look at this light thing ....

• 29-08-2014 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭

For years Ive had a bit of audio from carlow shopping centre. it was a whisper in a locked off room (the kitchen in the cafe). Yesterday, I found the piece of video it was taken from - I had accidentally deleted it years back before we had finished analysing it (hard drive failure), and I knew there was more stuff going on with it but since I had no copy I couldnt do anything. I had though, dumped it on a server that I only cleared out yesterday.

Now, not only is there some kind of voice/whisper about 6 sces in, but theres a form of a light that then appears (not massively bright but its there) and then fades after about 40 secs. What you see on the video is the cameras own small light, and then its reflecting off the aluminium surfaces to create a second small circular light. They can be explain as thats the camera. its the light that appears in between them that I find puzzling as I know the kitchen was locked so no-one could get in and I can't think of a way a light could appear like it does in the video.

Whats more interesting is this year on three occasions, I have heard this sound - coming from the same kitchen:

https://soundcloud.com/leinsterparanormal/clanging26may14

I have no idea if the two are related.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Heres a comparison image for those who don't see the light bit.

Its interesting, at the start it does sound like somebody sneezing and then the light changes. Was there anybody in the building at the time ?

not in that particular building. that was inside the governor's house, which is where the cafe is. we'd locked it up and were in other parts of the centre. if you ever go to carlow shopping centre, you'll see the governor's house is quite solid. the sound of someone isnt from outside as its definitely in the kitchen (which is where this was, the kitchen of the cafe). also, when you think of it, theres quite a bit of noise in there already from fridges, freezers etc. whoever made the sound must have been near enough the camera otherwise it wouldnt have been loud enough to be recorded.

theres nothing there to cause the light either since the kitchen has no windows and all the lights were off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Camera also seems to be pulsing... I remember hearing all the stories from the staff in the cinema years ago, and the kitchens when it was Bewleys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

If a smart businessman were to stage a midnight event on there at Halloween, it'd be a great idea.....

Its definitely interesting. What i find interesting most is not the light but how dark it actually gets compared to the rest of the video. Thats more stand out .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

I amplified the whisper, sounds like 'Gaav'... careful it's loud:

https://soundcloud.com/user585458777/carlow

Recorded this tonight. We were sitting in the cafe. this sound came from right behind us. It even done it again when I asked it. I searched the area and though there are plenty of metal type objects in the cafe serving area (which is right beside the kitchen), I couldnt replicate the sound. I have no idea what made all the ticking/tapping noises that follow it.

https://soundcloud.com/leinsterparanormal/more-clanging-noises-in-the-cafe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

The noises. Very strange. They sound like cymbals. The first clip sounds like a crash cymbal settling on a surface, and the second sounds like a splash cymbal being hit. Or as you mentioned cutlery, possibly pan lids being hit on a hard surface.

How can such isolated yet distinct and powerful noises be made when there is no one else in the building? They sound deliberate too.

Very interesting.

• Advertisement

Kettleson wrote: »
    The noises. Very strange. They sound like cymbals. The first clip sounds like a crash cymbal settling on a surface, and the second sounds like a splash cymbal being hit. Or as you mentioned cutlery, possibly pan lids being hit on a hard surface.

How can such isolated yet distinct and powerful noises be made when there is no one else in the building? They sound deliberate too.

Very interesting.

Listening on different set of larger speakers...not getting the "cymbal" thing anymore. But def sound like deliberate banging of tin plate or similar thin smallish metal object(s).

the second time that happened on the recording, I was right beside (I think anyway) where the sound seemed to be coming from. There was no sign of anything moving though, and I couldnt find anything to make that same kind of sound. This was in the cafe, and in the front part are some sofas and comfy chairs. Initially we were sitting there, then the first sound happened and we were quiet, in fact looking around with wide eyes as it was coming from right behind us. I went to see and asked for it to do it again when it done it the second time.

I think the ticking and tapping sounds are attempts at moving other stuff. I also think its coming from within the locked up kitchen, which is on the other side of the wall. In fact there's a service hatch with slim wooden shutters there, so I reckon the sound came from the kitchen, through the hatch and out to us, making it seem like it was in the same area we were in.

..but the kitchen is locked and not in use. Now that is mental. What was the kitchen before the centre was developed?

its part of the govenor's house, so before the cafe was part of the offices for Thompsons, and before that it was the downstairs of the prison governor's house. The kitchen is in use during the day, but its locked at night and we have no access (except I suppose through the service hatch, but outside of examining the hatch itself, I didnt open those up).

theres more sounds - I'll put it online when i finish reviewing the info. that might take a few weeks.

I may as well post this. Two boys from irishtv.ie where there with us - they contacted me about the haunted books so I had invited them along. They were up in the cells, me and two others were down in the basement. I saw a light in the basement and couldnt figure out where it had come from. I went out of the basement and started flashing light at it to see if I could replicate the light (which the other two inside were looking out for) when I met the two tv fellas. they had heard a noise from the upstairs cells, that had sounded like it came from the cafe. it seemed to coincide with the light I saw (which could have been them, though I didn't manage to actually replicate the kind of light I had seen so I cant say for certain). After meeting them, i went over to the mics in the cafe and said to check back.

This is what was recorded, so we know for certain at this time some of us where in the cells (which are upstairs and away from the cafe) and the rest of us were in the basement. there was a stack of plates in the vicinity and it sounds like them moving to me. Next time i'm putting a camera there.

https://soundcloud.com/leinsterparanormal/plates-moving-carlow-shopping-centre

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭karma_coma

No idea..

karma_coma wrote: »
    No idea..

Of?

Here's some more audio from Carlow Shopping Centre, though circa 2007/2008. I was checking the backup to see what was there and I found this recording of when RTE were there with Baz Ashmawy

https://soundcloud.com/leinsterparanormal/seasons-nov-28th-08-carlow-shopping-centre

Thats the third recording we have of that laugh.

Found this as well from cell 1

https://soundcloud.com/leinsterparanormal/cell-1-carlow-shopping-centre-2008

Advertisement