Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due April 2014

1353637383941»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Anyone any experience of the 4 month sleep regression?? Grunting & groaning on the hour every hour last night. Wide awake around 5 (I think) have no idea for how long and back to sleep then in our bed until 7:30. I presume this is what we've hit. Will be 17 weeks on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Yep one night a week (last week and this week) my perfect sleeper woke at 5 the first week and 4 last night just chatting away then awake and hungry so bottle and back to sleep
    But after 13 weeks of great sleep its killing me.. Its only 1 night a week someone slap me! But convinced its that or the starting of spoon feeding which I stopped today she's no interest

(At this stage with my first I was dead on my feet getting no sleep and I was pregnant and very sick.. Lucy is way easier)

I can deal with it if it's only one night a week. Does it affect them during the day?? He was great at going down for naps now we fight everyday!!! Injections next week so things can only get better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

My son was OK with naps mainly because I napped too on the couch been I was always sick.. So far Lucy hasn't changed in terms of naps just the rare night she wakes.. But I was listening to her chat away for half hour then she got annoyed but usually she'll sleep again without me going up to her (we sleep in downstairs room)

How's everyone doing?? Anyone started solids yet??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭effibear

Anyone else going through the 4 month sleep regression? I miss sleep! Zzzzzz

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

effibear wrote: »
    Anyone else going through the 4 month sleep regression? I miss sleep! Zzzzzz

No but she did wake up screaming during the night but went back to sleep again :)

Not weaning yet , she is only just 4 months so at least another month , she is grabbing and trying to steal food though .

Anyone else's little one getting bored easily?? This lad only wants to b sitting/ standing up looking around. He still slouches forward though so have to sit with him all the time!! Getting nothing done!!
    Any tips on how to keep him amused so I can get my house in some sort of order??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Does he have a bouncer ?

Yep and is happy in that for a while but that wears off too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

not starting solids until 6 months here.

re: sleep regression, yesterday, he was up from 6.15am to 8pm - did close his eyes for more than 5 mins. he is refusing to nap at the moment.

we do time in bouncer to jumperoo to playmat to highchair and rotate toys all the the time.

its getting harder cos he is commando rolling , so cant leave him on the floor or bed alone anymore

How do you know the best time to start solids?? He's on 4 8oz bottles a day now. We just upped it this week. He has started to watch us when we're eating but other than that I don't know when to start. He's 19 weeks today. (Where did that time go!!)

deh983 wrote: »
    How do you know the best time to start solids?? He's on 4 8oz bottles a day now. We just upped it this week. He has started to watch us when we're eating but other than that I don't know when to start. He's 19 weeks today. (Where did that time go!!)

SHE guidelines is 6 m poo months but its a personal choice I guess. When they start trying to grab food it's probably time.

We are going with baby lead weaning, so no spoon feeding here

lil miss takes 5 x 7oz since about 4 weeks.

She loves the sight of food and tries to grab it but she is still too young so will start considering it in another month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

6 x 6oz bottles a day here...

Child is never happy, although he's not getting sick ALL THE TIME anymore.

I can't put him down for more than five minutes.

I don't want to feed him yet, I'm holding out as long as I can.

John Mason wrote: »
    not starting solids until 6 months here.

re: sleep regression, yesterday, he was up from 6.15am to 8pm - did close his eyes for more than 5 mins. he is refusing to nap at the moment.

we do time in bouncer to jumperoo to playmat to highchair and rotate toys all the the time.

its getting harder cos he is commando rolling , so cant leave him on the floor or bed alone anymore

Small miss started rolling @2months now she thinks it is hilarious to roll around a room . she is the most mobile of all my babies .

P only rolls from back to front and then gets frustrated coz he can't go anywhere. Wants to b on the go all the time. His legs are very strong and just wants to stand but I don't want him doing that too much. Gets bored so easily now hard to keep him entertained!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Hey, how is everyone getting on?

My little man is 6 months this week! He's doing great! He's a super happy baby, he giggles a lot :-) I'm still breastfeeding and we started weaning 3 weeks ago, he's loving the purees.

He's really good at rolling, he's rolling from one end of the room to the other! No interest in sitting yet :-)

Hope the April 14 mamas and babies are keeping good!

Hi all. All going well here. No interest in rolling too much. Will go from back to front and that's it. Sits up by himself no bother. 2 teeth cut through this week and loves his purées!!
    All happening at the same time!!!

Hope all is well with everyone

Ah yes, teeth! We have 4, 2 at the bottom, 2 on top and possibly 2 more coming at the bottom. Not sure how this is going to affect breastfeeding! Is he going to start biting??!! It's true, all happening at the same time!

• Advertisement

Hi all hope everyone is doing well :)
    I was just looking for some advice in relation to the schedules your little ones are in?? A typical day in the life if you like!!! With starting solids obviously it's changed a bit so just looking for some guidance.
    Thanks in advance :)

How are all the lovely babas?:)

We are on 5x210ml bottles and 2 spoon feeds.
    I have 3 older ones so with dancing and everything else our days change,I still feed her bottles on demand but I give her her porridge in the morning after the school run and I give her her dinner either just before us or when the kids are having theirs.
    Depending on what we are having she just has the same.
    She is still tiny.
    Her reflux seems to be getting a little better too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

A day in the life goes something like this for us!

8am - 8oz bottle
    9.30/10am - breakfast
    12pm - 8oz bottle
    2pm - dinner
    4pm - 8oz bottle
    8pm - 8oz bottle
    8.30pm bed for the night :)

He's on Zantac now for reflux, and although he's not stopped spitting up altogether it's amazingly better than it was before he started it :D He's also getting better at entertaining himself for a little while, means I can get stuff done :)

We try to stick to the routine as much as possible but sometimes dinner or bottles or breakfast is earlier/later depending on schedule.

Thanks for that!! I'm still trying to fit it all in and then 2/3 naps aswell!!! Seems all I'm doing all day is feeding or trying to get to sleep!! Still waking a few times at night too. Not to feed just to be settled back down again. Tired is not the word!!!

Hi there,

Here is our routine, he is 6.5 months old and very active.

6.30/7 am breast feed
    7.45/8 am porridge
    9 to 10 am sleep
    10 am breast feed
    12/12.30 pm lunch
    1 to 2 pm sleep
    2 pm breast feed
    4 pm breast feed
    4.30 to 5.30 sleep
    6 pm dinner
    7.30 breast feed and down for the night (Well, he still wakes up once to twice a night for a breast feed :-()

We have a similar routine and he us a happy chappy during the day. Takes 1/1.5 hour naps. But at night he is a demon!!! Wakes numerous times and when we get up he settles straight away for another hour then awake again.
    I'm wondering is he hungry maybe? What is a portion size?? He has also stopped finishing his bottles which made me think he wasn't hungry. I'm at my wits end with him at night time. I'm exhausted :(

oh no:(
    Is it for comfort or food?
    A portion size is as much as they comfortably eat in 1 sitting.
    Does he sleep in your room?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭effibear

We have a similar routine and he us a happy chappy during the day. Takes 1/1.5 hour naps. But at night he is a demon!!! Wakes numerous times and when we get up he settles straight away for another hour then awake again.
    I'm wondering is he hungry maybe? What is a portion size?? He has also stopped finishing his bottles which made me think he wasn't hungry. I'm at my wits end with him at night time. I'm exhausted :(

A tooth on its way maybe? My little fella has been like that for the past week or so, and his first tooth has just broken through.

Wakes just for comfort. Yes he is still in with us. That will change very soon though. I started putting him down awake and he will go asleep by himself but it has made no difference to during the night. Are your little ones in big cots? This lad is still in a cradle and I think that's some of the problem too. He's waking himself banging off the sides!!
    In relation to portion sizes this lad would keep eating if I keep feeding!!! How do I know when he's had enough??
    Unfortunately he's been like this for ages so I don't think it's teeth. His bottom 2 came up without us even knowing!!!!

• Advertisement

6am porridge fingers and fruit
    7am breast feed

random breast feeds

1pm broccoli muffins, fruit, cheese

random breast feed

5pm dinner - whatever we are having

6pm breastfeed

7pm sleep

230am breastfeeed

Advertisement