Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books About the Paranormal

2»

Comments

I dont think there are many books out there that you can depend on. The subject is getting diluted with absolute bull crap, due to people wanting to make a name for themselves. The internet is the best thing to look at. Sometimes you wade through the crap and you might find a little gem, then that will lead you to something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

I dont think there are many books out there that you can depend on. The subject is getting diluted with absolute bull crap, due to people wanting to make a name for themselves. The internet is the best thing to look at. Sometimes you wade through the crap and you might find a little gem, then that will lead you to something else.

Yeah, the internet has been a game-changer in research/reading. More information spread around quicker. Hopefully it makes for better investigators.

Reading 'The Black Book of Modern Myths, True stories of The Unexplained' by Alasdair Wickham at the moment. Interesting book, worth reading.

Its chapter on 'The Movies Curse' is interesting covering the alleged curses of 'Poltergeist' film, older 'The Omen' movies, 'Rosemary's Baby' and touches on the Superman movies (excluding the last recent ones). He didn't cover the Bruce Lee curse nor 'Apocolypse Now' (if that was rather very bad luck?) but did mention the rebel without a cause James Dean and his cursed car!

As Dre said above, I am sure you would get more than enough on the internet on these topics!

Loughc wrote: »
    As we don't have a general thread, does anyone know why Johnny B Goode closed his account? He went from being all over this forum to closed.... seems strange.

That is me. I got 're-incarnated' on boards.ie (with their blessing!) New name, and also, I have to get the meet-ups up and running again .. thanks for asking though.

Had to change my email and thought I had to close account (which I now believe I did not have to). I think I could have been able to do this without closing 'Johnny Be Goode'. The two stars seem far away again!

Cheers

• Advertisement

Reading 'The Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits by John and Anne Spencer 1992 publication. A lot of common sense approaches given for investigations and nice selection of case studies...

Not2Good wrote: »
    Yeah, the internet has been a game-changer in research/reading. More information spread around quicker. Hopefully it makes for better investigators.

I dont think so, I have just seen investigators just get worse and worse over the years. They are in it because they think they are going to make millions on a TV show.
    I have seen one group completely sell out over and over again. They now call themselves "Experts"

I have seen another group that is not so bad but the guy in charge, if he is not getting enough attention will throw himself on the ground as he is getting attacked by a ghost.

I have seen another guy investigate 10 places in 2 years then release a book.

I have seen a group that is "completely scientific" sell out really bad on a TV show, rob somebodys photo of a lens flair on facebook and pass it off as a ghost on the same TV show.

I have seen groups throw members out for being too skeptical and questioning the "leader"

Good investigators are few and far between.

Advertisement