Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is it possible to transfer money from Irish to English bank accounts?

Options
  • 19-07-2014 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Surely in this day & age it's quite easy? & if so, what's the easiest way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

CurrencyFair - https://www.currencyfair.com/

I have used this for a couple of years - better rates than banks, 3 euro charge per transaction. There are other similar companies if you search Google.

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Do it online, you will need the bic and iban number

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BazzaDP

Yeah as the previous posters have said most (perhaps all?) banks allow you to do this through online banking which is nice and convenient and only takes a day or two to come through. You'll need the BIC and IBAN of the UK account.

However you can usually get better rates from dedicated services like currency fair if doing large transfers of money.

For small one off payments I find my online banking convenient enough and the rate difference small enough not to matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ffm

Excellent. Thanks for the info.

Advertisement