Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cally112

cally112 wrote: »
    Glad to hear you got it all sorted!!!!! :) enjoy Vancouver!!!

Yep we are goin to Vancouver in 4 weeks from today! Then on to Jasper for work on the 15th!! Very excited! What about yourself? All sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jaysuz

akira336 wrote: »
    so I got an SP reference number from them over the phone, emailed it to the iec and they emailed back saying they found me, worth a try?
    Hi, Just wondering what you meant by the SP reference number??

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭akira336

I never heard of an SP reference either until the lady from aib 24hr banking gave it to me over the phone and the iec seemed to recognise it and then found my payment, hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭magicspatula

Hi all,

I've sent my application and have just realised I didn't tick the box on the medical declarations form!

Will this lead to a refusal or a delay or what?
    Should I send the form again (ticked this time!) quoting my reference number?

Any ideas?

I'm late enough applying as it is so really hope I haven't rightly messed it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

Hi all,

I've sent my application and have just realised I didn't tick the box on the medical declarations form!

Will this lead to a refusal or a delay or what?
    Should I send the form again (ticked this time!) quoting my reference number?

Any ideas?

I'm late enough applying as it is so really hope I haven't rightly messed it up!

Hmm.. I kind of think you'll be ok with that one.. they might just opt to send you the medical email instead. But if you are feeling uneasy you could send the form in or email it.. It's so hard to say what they will do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Just wondering the embassy received my application for the IEC on 4/4/2012 but I have not heard anything the only reason why I know they got it is i sent it by registered post. Anyone know how long till this acknowledge receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

jjbrien wrote: »
    Just wondering the embassy received my application for the IEC on 4/4/2012 but I have not heard anything the only reason why I know they got it is i sent it by registered post. Anyone know how long till this acknowledge receipt?
    i was waiting a month for them to acknowledge, 8 days isnt much no need to panic. patience is def needed with this process!!!

I was waiting 6 weeks, so don't worry about it

i was waiting a month for them to acknowledge, 8 days isnt much no need to panic. patience is def needed with this process!!!

Got to love Civil Servants seems like this will be a long and dragged out process. When I did my application last year it was much faster but last year you sent them to france this year its London. I'll just have to sit on my hands then.

jjbrien wrote: »
    Got to love Civil Servants seems like this will be a long and dragged out process. When I did my application last year it was much faster but last year you sent them to france this year its London. I'll just have to sit on my hands then.
    id give it the month before you start to worry, hopefully you'll be lucky and wont be waiting that long! if it helps my time scale so far is:
    3 feb sent
    24 feb acknowledged
    28 th march payment email
    paid that day
    second stage email 4th april.
    fingers crossed it will end soon, waiting is torture!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 papaya

I posted my application on 19th Jan, paid the fee in the mid of March. Has received a e-mail regarding the Medical Examination Declaration on the 3rd of Apr. And haven't hear anything since then... ... ...this whole process really really killing me!!! frustrated!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

I Just got my visa approved!! Woooooooooooop!!

Application sent: 28th Jan
    1st Email/Started processing: 23rd Feb
    Payment request: 19th March
    Paid: 20th March
    Approved Round 2: 26th March
    Visa Approval: 13th April

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sleepyhollows

papaya wrote: »
    I posted my application on 19th Jan, paid the fee in the mid of March. Has received a e-mail regarding the Medical Examination Declaration on the 3rd of Apr. And haven't hear anything since then... ... ...this whole process really really killing me!!! frustrated!!!

SNAP!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 coffeegal

You guys have nothing on me. I sent my app Jan 19th, tracked it online and it got there Jan 23rd. I have heard absolutely nothing from them. No confirmation, no asking for payment, nothing. I'm in New Zealand on a Working Holiday Visa and booked a flight to Canada at Xmas thinking that would give me plenty of time to get my visa. Apparently not. I leave April 26th for Canada anyway but it's just to travel for 3 weels and then back to Ireland it is. If I ever meet anyone involved in this process I will not be liable for my actions. Good luck to the rest of you. I hope it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

coffeegal wrote: »
    You guys have nothing on me. I sent my app Jan 19th, tracked it online and it got there Jan 23rd. I have heard absolutely nothing from them. No confirmation, no asking for payment, nothing. I'm in New Zealand on a Working Holiday Visa and booked a flight to Canada at Xmas thinking that would give me plenty of time to get my visa. Apparently not. I leave April 26th for Canada anyway but it's just to travel for 3 weels and then back to Ireland it is. If I ever meet anyone involved in this process I will not be liable for my actions. Good luck to the rest of you. I hope it works out.

Some people have had trouble with hotmail accounts.. maybe they did write you and you never got it? Sucks big time either way!!!

MeerKat17 wrote: »

Congrats! I'm glad for you, but I have to say, what is going on in the iec, ive my application sent since 9th January and am still waiting on my loi, I have to call up this morning and move my flights for the second time! I'm at the end of my 13th week of a supposedly 8 week process, can't tell you how mad I am:mad:

EDIT: Plus I went with USIT and am starting to wonder is that holding me back somehow, ahhhh, just changed my flights with USIT €80 for the pleasure, last time was €62 and that was with a "free" move, USIT calls it airline taxes, Just saying if anyone is thinking of using USIT, don't.
    You'll find all the information you need right here on this site,
    Rant over......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

Congrats! I'm glad for you, but I have to say, what is going on in the iec, ive my application sent since 9th January and am still waiting on my loi, I have to call up this morning and move my flights for the second time! I'm at the end of my 13th week of a supposedly 8 week process, can't tell you how mad I am:mad:

EDIT: Plus I went with USIT and am starting to wonder is that holding me back somehow, ahhhh, just changed my flights with USIT €80 for the pleasure, last time was €62 and that was with a "free" move, USIT calls it airline taxes, Just saying if anyone is thinking of using USIT, don't.

Nightmare!! holding off on booking flights ourselves but hopefully we will hear soon, if meerkat got the visa today and got passed on to the next phase on the 26th hopefully ours will come in three days as we got passed on the 29th. :eek:Wishfull thinking maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

MeerKat17 wrote: »

Nice one:) where are you heading to?

your kinda lucky, i had the misfortuane of going with USIT aswell. flights booked for 17th april had to move them to 17th of may cost me 359 to move it, free my ass. They are the biggest con artist, any of my friends im telling stay clear, 1800 euro so far and nothing to show for it, load of bollox!! sorry bout language but this process has totally ruined what should have been a great time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JordiH

Hey all, I'm still waiting to receive confirmation of receipt of payment, online transfer was done on the 30th of March. I've tried emailing the idn.iec email address but it keeps bouncing back. I'm using my gmail account. Is it bouncing back for anyone else this week?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 scotty91

Hey all, was planning on going to Vancouver and put British Columbia down as my port of entry on the IEC forms, but now I'm leaning more towards Toronto. Does it matter if I don't enter the country through the port of entry I specified?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JordiH

JordiH wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm still waiting to receive confirmation of receipt of payment, online transfer was done on the 30th of March. I've tried emailing the idn.iec email address but it keeps bouncing back. I'm using my gmail account. Is it bouncing back for anyone else this week?

Thanks

I just realised the idn.ie should be Ldn.iec, I sent off my screen shot of the bank transfer to see if they will come back to me. Fingers crossed.

your kinda lucky, i had the misfortuane of going with USIT aswell. flights booked for 17th april had to move them to 17th of may cost me 359 to move it, free my ass. They are the biggest con artist, any of my friends im telling stay clear, 1800 euro so far and nothing to show for it, load of bollox!! sorry bout language but this process has totally ruined what should have been a great time!!

I moved from a saturday flight to a wednesday and it still cost me more, and like you said, they are actually ruining what should be a good thing, I have to hide for a week and a half, I've said bye to everyone I know, ahhhhhhh!!! :P

Starting a new campaign:

STAY AWAY FROM USIT!

I moved from a saturday flight to a wednesday and it still cost me more, and like you said, they are actually ruining what should be a good thing, I have to hide for a week and a half, I've said bye to everyone I know, ahhhhhhh!!! :P

Starting a new campaign:

STAY AWAY FROM USIT!
    i'll join that campaign! i've told my friends since january im going to canada, they think im bloody lying at this stage, experience ruined!

Starting a new campaign:

STAY AWAY FROM USIT!
    i'll join that campaign! i've told my friends since january im going to canada, they think im bloody lying at this stage, experience ruined!
    Hahaha! I know what you mean, kinda gettin used to hearing "are you still here?" : )

Starting a new campaign:

STAY AWAY FROM USIT!

LOL funny i got in trouble on here before for saying they ripped me off but i agree with you. that company saw my post and emailed Dave who runs this site to say I was giving them a bad name so now I will just not mention their name anymore. But I support u on this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

cally112 wrote: »
    Yep we are goin to Vancouver in 4 weeks from today! Then on to Jasper for work on the 15th!! Very excited! What about yourself? All sorted?
    sounds cool. We fly on 14th may to Toronto, the plan is to spend a few days in Toronto, Ottawa, montreal and quebec. Then get the train from Toronto to Vancouver taking in lake Louise, Jasper, Banoff etc....if we have enough money!!!!! Then onto Vancouver to settle!!! Exciting...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

was the €1800 return flights plus travel insurance for the year? cos the feckers charged us €2260...........

was the €1800 return flights plus travel insurance for the year? cos the feckers charged us €2260...........
    hey, 1841.00 for flight, insurance and the 399 you pay the first day! it was 1482 but cause i to change my flights i got charged 359 for a free change of date!! its a total rip off, they charge what they want and dont help wish i had stayed away from them!! what was you 2260 for?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the support ;) but anyway, once the email comes, I'm sorted, hey Galwaygal, sounds like you have it planned out very well, mine consists only of, fly, get job, start making money, make up rest..... Maybe I should be taking a leaf out of your book?

Advertisement