Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

It's a lottery. Depends who you get. Proper procedure is that the phone costs €340 in store and €240 online or over the phone. Better off just ringing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

It was even bizarre calling I ordered blue samsung guy took sale of 139 then 100 on bill, gf took a white Samsung and had to pay 239 upfront no reason was giving.

recyclops wrote: »
    It was even bizarre calling I ordered blue samsung guy took sale of 139 then 100 on bill, gf took a white Samsung and had to pay 239 upfront no reason was giving.

As has neen said a good few times, the sales staff don't seem to have a clue! Did you end up paying the full €239 so you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

I ave not received bill yet only signed up on sat. This was on the same call too I paid 139 had gf phone she is asked for 239.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Same thing happened me, €139 over the phone and told it was another €100 on first bill. . . Mine should be here tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Said I'd give this another try. Today, I was told that the offer is now over, and that they have only a few units left to sell.

So, my experience with emobile so far is as follows:

1). Ring them, give my parents phone number, tell them my parents didn't receive a voucher, but I'd like to sign-up anyway. Told no problem, and the girl gave me her direct dial number. Get the documents needed, ring the number, and kept getting an engaged tone, or straight to voicemail.

2). Ring again a week later, to be told I'm not eligible for the offer.

3). Try again this morning, and told that the offer is now over, but that I would have been eligible.

I'd like to give this company my money on a monthly basis. It's a great deal, but the customer service experience has been utterly shambolic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Sergeant wrote: »
    Today, I was told that the offer is now over, and that they have only a few units left to sell.

I ordered online last Friday. I asked Tony on the eircom forum for an update and he said the order went through this morning and should be dispatched today... haven't got an email from them but fingers crossed if the offer is over!

Out of interest I tried the same account number on the link in the OP there and now getting "Sorry this is not a valid voucher code, please try again.". Not sure if that's because the offer's over or because I've used the account already.

Sergeant wrote: »
    Said I'd give this another try. Today, I was told that the offer is now over, and that they have only a few units left to sell.

Could they not have sold you one of these...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Just spoke to the one of the sales team again and got a very weird response. Apparently if you order a white SGS3 you pay the full €239 up front whereas with the blue it's €139 up front with €100 extra on your first bill. Anyone have any idea why that might be? #_#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Got my first bill.

As promised from emobile, no extra 100 euro added on for the blue GS3

• Advertisement

Got my first bill.

As promised from emobile, no extra 100 euro added on for the blue GS3

I still haven't gotten my bill yet. Hoping it comes at the start of the month. Being paid once a month is a bitch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

I got a courtesy call from them today. Nice chap asking me how was it going with the phone and coverage and did I have any questions. Anyone else get a call?

dorgasm wrote: »
    I still haven't gotten my bill yet. Hoping it comes at the start of the month. Being paid once a month is a bitch :(

I got a txt from Meteor when my last monthly bill was ready, it included "Did you know that it's possible to change your bill date from next month? Perhaps a different date would suit you better..." . They're essentially the same company as eMobile so might be possible with them too.

Very good, I'll have to look into that, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Anybody have a spare code for this offer I could use? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Anybody have a spare code for this offer I could use? :)

statto25 wrote: »
    I got a courtesy call from them today. Nice chap asking me how was it going with the phone and coverage and did I have any questions. Anyone else get a call?
    What was The number?? Getting a missed cell off a random.number for the past two days but every time I ring back its engaged

Davie89 wrote: »
    What was The number?? Getting a missed cell off a random.number for the past two days but every time I ring back its engaged

Yup same number!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

As has neen said a good few times, the sales staff don't seem to have a clue! Did you end up paying the full €239 so you did?

I have two live accounts with them on this offer & have had to call their CS numerous times for various reasons. (never eMobile's fault!)

Every single time I have had an excellent experience...polite, courteous & helpful to a fault!

Any queries or issues resolved without any difficulty whatsoever.

I have found them to be excellent!;)

An unbelievable change from Three!!:eek:

I have literally spoken to a minimum of 13 different agents & everyone has been well informed & well trained.

Even had an account cancelled although it was past the 14 days with no problems at all...the guy actually suggested it due to the lack of coverage where my son lives!

No complaints at all!:)

Yes, I had that call today for my hubby's account!

Lovely young man! (agent, not hubby...although he's lovely too!!!:D)

I just recieved my first bill....€96.20!
    The billing periods are from 06 June 2012 - 14 June 2012 = 18.0488 and 15 June 2012 - 14 July 2012 = 60.1626.
    Stick on the VAT and its €96. Am i being charged on the double here or is there some hidden charge I havent accounted for?

The billing periods are from 06 June 2012 - 14 June 2012 = 18.0488 and 15 June 2012 - 14 July 2012 = 60.1626.
    Stick on the VAT and its €96. Am i being charged on the double here or is there some hidden charge I havent accounted for?

Looks like you're paying full whack. By any chance did you order over the phone and pay €139 for the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Justin10

I rang them couple days ago, told them I was offered this deal to use the phone instead of my house phone. I never received a voucher and I wasnt with Eircom.

They gave me the deal no problem. They said the €35 included VAT, and that would be the charge every month.

Looks like you're paying full whack. By any chance did you order over the phone and pay €139 for the phone?

No I purchased in store and in the courtesy call yesterday the rep told me i was down on the Half Price deal €34.50. If only I had known this yesterday when he called! Hopefully this will be an easy fix but going on feedback from the thread i'm not holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Most likely it includes the handset charge.

It shows as included but if you log on to your account online you will see your direct debit will only be for the pro rata period plus the next month's cost.

Or just call & they will resolve any issues for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Probably not the most appropriate place for this issue, but this thread appears to receive the most traffic concerning emobile...

Is there any way on this network that you don't have to record an actual voicemail/message minder?

I requested a generic voicemail which was put in place, but when I go to my voicemail it prompts me to record a message. I'd rather not, but does anyone know of any way to navigate around this? I can't see why it wouldn't allow a generic message minder.

keredern wrote: »
    Most likely it includes the handset charge.

It shows as included but if you log on to your account online you will see your direct debit will only be for the pro rata period plus the next month's cost.

Or just call & they will resolve any issues for you!

Which handset charge us that? I payed full price for it, 239, in store?
    A galaxy s3 that it is....

Update....
    I called customer care...The store I bought it from never applied the half price offer to my account. I have to go back to the store and ask them to get it sorted. Question....if it turns out I wasn't supposed to get this offer at all what is my comeback?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Phone came today, ported successfully within an hour. Very impressed now.

Advertisement