Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 3 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

manafana wrote: »
    trade has been offered as reversed, I just want know why neither the trading team or gm replied to emails i sent on nfl.com? I clearly sent email to all owners to tell them this was an error.

Perhaps the guidelines for GMs need to be set out 9 is a lot to get a trade vetoed considering most people arn't really active. Happy to trade again any time and my mistake won't be repeated

you've some cheek actually playing Rainey considering all your moaning...

why would i respond to emails on nfl.com, you didnt send any addressed to me only to GMs and i have consistently said I would allow the trade to be rolled back here. jesus, you're a headache...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

why would i respond to emails on nfl.com, you didnt send any addressed to me only to GMs and i have consistently said I would allow the trade to be rolled back here. jesus, you're a headache...

some cheek, would been happy to play davis instead if i had him, so given issue hadn't been solved had use the rb i had thanks.

you're a headache too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

manafana wrote: »
    some cheek, would been happy to play davis instead if i had him, so given issue hadn't been solved had use the rb i had thanks.

you're a headache too

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

This right here is why trades should not be reversed.

TO. wrote: »

what am i supposed do i clearly wanted the trade cancelled long before sunday and not to go through id lost my running back had start the one I had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

TO. wrote: »

exact same thing just happened in Division 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Too much hassle. Just don't reverse trades. If both parties agree they can just trade back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Anyone interested in trading for Shady. I have had horrible luck with 1st round RB's these last 2 years.

Would be looking to get a RB in return

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Anyone interested in Big Ben? Or CJ Spiller?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Anyone looking for WR help? I'm hoping for RB in return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Well the chat has been pretty minimal to no existence in div 3 so far. I'm above 500 for the first time this year with a big thanks to Gronk. The decision to take him early in the 2nd round with AJ Green on the board is starting to look real good now. Been lucky enough with injuries so far with only Foles going down injured so I'm moving onto Smith as QB which isn't much of downgrade if any this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Panda Bears

Got hammered my first week, been on a 7-game winning streak since then :)

Had a bad week this week, Philip Rivers finished with a negative score, but might hang on for an 8th straight win, need TY Hilton to outperform Reuben Randle tonight.

Successes:
    - Philip Rivers, 6th ranked QB (was 4th I think before yesterday)
    - Antonio Gates, 2nd ranked TE (a bit tied to Rivers' success)
    - TY Hilton, currently 10th ranked WR, with 10 points tonight, would move to around 5th.

Failures:
    - My 1st and 2nd round picks!
    - Montee Ball (1st round). He was awful, bit of a blessing when he got injured, and I was able to pick up his handcuff Ronnie Hillman.
    - Brandon Marshall (2nd round). Bears offense has struggled, had an injury, and hasn't been great either since he recovered from the injury.

Bit unusual to be doing well having missed on the 1st and 2nd round picks, but I think a lot of the first round picks haven't done well this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

About to go to 7/2 but Foster's injury is very worrying.

So... 2 weeks to go so let's see how the playoffs are shaping up. First up it's Panda Bears (padraig f) who are guaranteed a division win and very likely first round bye and automatic promotion bound at 9-2.

Then we have Lambmuncher (Hanners) who have also secured the division at 7-4 but the first round bye looks unlikely with Team Better Than Awesome (Hazys) a game ahead at 8-3 and holding the tiebreaker. Team Better Than Awesome's lineup looks very good too, though the schedule has been favourable (Lambmuncher's opponents have scored 50% more), this lineup is bad news for Sandyford Sharks (matthew8), who are level with TBTA on wins but behind on the H2H tiebreaker, and also have a tougher schedule to finish. TBTA look set for the bye and automatic promotion, for the Sharks it's as likely that they'll miss out on the playoffs altogether. Sitting behind these 2 teams are Zamunda Zebras (slowharry) at 6-5, but holding the tiebreaker over Sharks if Sharks lose their last 2 and Zebras win their last 2.

These wild card spaces are heavily dependent on what happens in Division 1, with 3 teams locked at 7-4, Believe in Eli (HigginsJ), Bunch of Goons (Benimar) and Pitches Be Crazy (fatgav). Pitches holds the tiebreaker over Bunch of Goons, Believe in Eli holds the tiebreaker over Pitches and Bunch of Goons, leaving the pecking order in any ties at Believe in Eli>Pitches Be Crazy>Bunch of Goons. Pitches Be Crazy as a very tough couple of games with TBTA and Lambmuncher, but so does Believe in Eli, with Sandyford Sharks and Zamunda Zebras. Bunch of Goons gets to play the low scoring Witty Tanks before Sandyford Sharks. You have to go with the team with the tiebreaker, Believe in Eli, for the division.

The wildcard battle is between Sandyford Sharks, Zamunda Zebras, Pitches Be Crazy, Believe in Eli and Bunch of Goons. Sandyford Sharks holds the tiebreaker over Pitches Be Crazy, and Zamunda Zebras hold it over Sandyford Sharks. If Sharks are to be in a tie that will mean losing the last 2 games, so Bunch of Goons and Believe in Eli will hold the tiebreaker over them. The tiebreakers between the other 3 teams have been mentioned, and Zamunda Zebras hold the tiebreaker over Pitches Be Crazy, and will hold the tiebreaker over Believe in Eli if they can get 2 wins to put them into a tiebreaker. Despite apparently limping to the finishing line, Sandyford Sharks record has to see them fancied for the first wildcard. After that, the second placed team in Division 1, maybe Pitches Be Crazy. So much hinges on the Sharks 2 games with Believe in Eli and Bunch of Goons to finish the season.

Possible playoff picture:
    First round Bye: Team Better Than Awesome, Panda Bears
    Wildcard games: Believe in Eli vs. Sandyford Sharks, Lambmuncher vs. Pitches Be Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

My Piebalds Broke 100 points for the first time last week and what happened? Met the only team in the league capable of outscoring me!!!

Sums up a disastrous season tbh, note to self: Never, ever, draft Doug Martin again....

Last week now and Panda Bears and Team Better Than Awesome penciled in for automatic promotion and a first round bye, Lambmuncher also guaranteed playoffs. Sandyford Sharks are left requiring either a win of their own against Bunch of Goons or Believe in Eli to beat Zamunda Zebras. Bunch of Goons and Believe in Eli can also guarantee playoffs with a win. The potential tie between Bunch of Goons, Believe in Eli and Pitches Be Crazy makes the rest a grey area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

How many get relegated from the division?

I've just had a horrible season which started when I missed the draft. It was an uphill struggle from there.. compunded by the fact my NFL app says my team changes are saved and then I log in on Sunday to find they're not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

4 get relegated

Division 2 here I come :)

Delighted to get the promotion, if I'm honest, I probably care more about promotion than winning the league, so happy to get it wrapped up before the playoffs.

Bit of luck in there, I currently have the top record, but looking at the table, I see 5 teams have more points scored than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

padraig_f wrote: »
    Division 2 here I come :)

Delighted to get the promotion, if I'm honest, I probably care more about promotion than winning the league, so happy to get it wrapped up before the playoffs.

Bit of luck in there, I currently have the top record, but looking at the table, I see 5 teams have more points scored than me.

Same here :cool: Got promoted each year since I started in Division 5.

I had a talk with my players and gave them a couple of extra days off because we have the 1st round bye. Their real life Head Coaches may not be happy with it but they have their priorities and only one goal "Get that Boards Fantasy Football Division 3 Title" after that they can concentrate on their day jobs, Super Bowls, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Promoted Baby :D

Delighted to have won this week. It's the worst game to lose as, not only are you out of the playoffs, but you miss out on promotion too. Thankfully, I was always in a comfortable position so didn't have to worry (panic!) too much about it.

Benimar wrote: »
    Promoted Baby :D

Delighted to have won this week. It's the worst game to lose as, not only are you out of the playoffs, but you miss out on promotion too. Thankfully, I was always in a comfortable position so didn't have to worry (panic!) too much about it.

Nice one.

Good Monday night sweat for the last promotion spot:

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/369281/team/13/gamecenter?week=14

Zebras (Julio Jones) vs. Lambmuncher (Jordy Nelson, Packers D).

Zebras projected to win by 3.

So NFL.com ranked my draft as a C+ and projected a finish of 16th with a 3-10 record. The Zebras then started 0-2 and it looked like a bleak season but a Wk 3 victory sparked the Zebras and started our journey to the Championship Game. the Zebras have already got revenge for our week 1 loss to the Lambmunchers in playoffs can we do the same against team better than Awesome in the big game.

Team MVP - Gronk with Julio Jones a close 2nd
    Best Pick up - Forsett
    LVP - didn't do too badly as my first 5 picks have been relatively healthy and productive so hard to pick an LVP but Folks as QB was pretty poor even before his injury

Lesson Learnt for next year - there are not enough good QBs for a 16 team league

congratulations to Team Better than Awesome well deserved champs

Reopening the Division 3 Thread.

12 names, remain the same, have contacted the other 4 to get us up and running.

Plenty of time to organise a draft.

Seems like it was only yesterday!

Reopening the Division 3 Thread.

12 names, remain the same, have contacted the other 4 to get us up and running.

Plenty of time to organise a draft.

Seems like it was only yesterday!

seems there has been major changes for those of us didn't confirm last month

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Guffy

Think im here this year lads?

1zppfn5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Ok so what do we do here, Johnny you need to join and take over the GM role before you can invite the rest of us right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

BizzyC wrote: »
    Ok so what do we do here, Johnny you need to join and take over the GM role before you can invite the rest of us right?

He just re-activated Div 4 from last year and re-named it. Makes sense as majority are the same people

Advertisement