Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SilverCrest TV

• 30-01-2011 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I've been thinking about buying a flat screen TV for a while now and just noticed that Lidl will have one of their SilverCrest 32'' as a deal starting next Thursday:

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20110203.p.32inch_Full_HD_LCD_TV

I was wondering how good of a deal this is. The price looks low enough, and it has all the features one would expect from a modern TV, but I'm just not sure about the SilverCrest brand. Are they any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭timsnewbridge

hi farihna, I don't know much about electronics but silverscrest is lidls own brand. i'm sure the reason the tv's so cheap is because the components its made from are cheap. well this is what some people would say. however it's a massive company that generally thrives on its sales of foods and smaller goods, so they can afford to sell quality goods like tvs at low prices. for example when harry potter was 14 euro on the release night in tesco but 20 in book stores. because big stores like them dont thrive on there sales of books or tvs so they can certainly sell quality goods at affordable prices too. so i would not let the risk stop me from buying it, because it has a three year warranty to if anything goes wrong ie picture quality or its not as described etc you can always demand a full refund because of your consumer rights. hope i helped

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

This is by far the best value in a 32in LCD tv with Saorview. None of the other brands come near. That is the most future-proofed tv I have seen anywhere for that money. Have a look at the thread in Bargain Alerts and another in the Terrestial forum to inform yourself better.Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭andy1249

I'm just not sure about the SilverCrest brand. Are they any good?

How shall I put this ....

No , They are complete and utter muck !

Flatscreens have not been around long enough yet to be sure that any TV you buy will give a certain level of performance , cheap flat screens have a sort of artistic appeal to them , in that they produce pictures that sort of look like a Monet !

The Top four are the most reliable , they would be Panasonic , LG , Samsung , Sony , in that order , and only the latest Sonys are up to par. Flatscreen tech is too new , unlike CRT's which were around for nearly a century the technology is not mature and only the top manufacturers make the quality sets , Prices are cheap these days , and it does not cost much more to get a reliable brand of the same size and specification , stay well away from Silvercrest , they are a cheap and nasty budget brand and you will almost certainly regret the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

It has a 3 year warranty. Go for it.

For what it is worth I have a "cheap" flatscreen TV from Tesco that is also 32" and it has a great pic..

..they all show the same RTE sh!te anyway!

Advertisement