Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Costs of scuba diving course in a club

Options
  • 14-11-2014 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

hi all
    just a bit of info required.
    im "trying a dive" nxt week in our local diving club and wondering what are the costs involved from try a dive to full course. also average cost of diving gear. im really interested but money will be a big factor. im a good swimmer but cant do the backstroke. is it a requirement and also a bit plump to say the least but any info would be hugely welcomed. its not a padi course but a local club. thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭yankinlk

cmat wrote: »
    hi all
    just a bit of info required.
    im "trying a dive" nxt week in our local diving club and wondering what are the costs involved from try a dive to full course.

I can try to explain, but the question is best asked at the Try A Dive, either during a lecture before the pool, or maybe in the pub after. Try and meet a few club members, these will be your dive buddies, and are happy to help!

Course Fees are listed here:
    http://diving.ie/fees
    Course Fees are set by CFT head office for the year, and dont chnage too often. Club Membership fees are set by the Dive Club. The Membership fee listed there, is paid from your Club Membership fee, by your Club treasurer, and is NOT an extra cost to you.

also average cost of diving gear.
    There are loads of threads on boards that deal with this question, Its worth shopping around. Your dive Club will also assist you here, especially in making the right choice based on your skills and weight etc... I recall my DO made me send back the first BCD I bought (Used on Ebay) because it was too small for me, and would not have provided enough LIFT.
    im a good swimmer but cant do the backstroke. is it a requirement and also a bit plump to say the least but any info would be hugely welcomed. its not a padi course but a local club. thx

There is a swim test for ALL members, no just newly joined trainees. Its about making sure you are fit enough to swim to the boat, or out of a current, or to be able to make it shore on a shore dive. It doesn't have to be pretty, and no one will dictate a specific stroke...just as long as you dont have to be rescued every time you hit the water!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cmat

thanks for info. im pretty outgoing so will open my mouth for questions alright. looking forward to try a dive nxt wed and im more settled about the costs now thanks to your info. saving like mad at the moment!

Advertisement