Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AIB won't issue a letter of funds for me, Need advice

• 14-07-2010 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm applying for a work visa abroad that requires I show that I have had sufficient funds in my bank account to sustain myself and that these have been there for the past three months.

I went to AIB customer service with recent statement and a print out from the visa website detailing that they wanted a letter from the bank. The lady flat out refused and simply reaffirmed 'we don't do letters' over and over again.

Seeing as this situation wasn't going anywhere I've decided to put on a suit , head over to the branch where i've opened up this savings account in the city centre to try and sort this out, I need to sort this out tomorrow though as my appointment is Friday, so writing compliants etc is not going to cut it. Should I try talking to customer service there or should I just ask to speak to the branch manager right away?

It seems ludacris that i've beeen banking with them three years now and can't get a three liner letter confirming that I have certain funds in my account.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Moe

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are the bank statements not good enough to show your funds over the previous months?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Moe7

wish they were , they want an accompanying letter to state that they are genuine and that the funds have always been there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Normally for Visa applications, a branch branded 3 months statement is enough, showing that funds did simply not just land there in one lump! ie loan from parents etc.

They confirm funds via your bank statements. They are not obliged to write a letter stating the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Normally for Visa applications, a branch branded 3 months statement is enough, showing that funds did simply not just land there in one lump! ie loan from parents etc.

They confirm funds via your bank statements. They are not obliged to write a letter stating the same.

+ 1

In fairness, you'd get the same sh1te from the GNIB. If they can't understand 3 months bank statements then you should be asking questions.

Advertisement