Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Diving Lanzarote

• 12-01-2015 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

I'm heading over to Lanzarote in March for a week with my wife. While I'm there I'm hoping to squeeze in a dive or two.

I've had a read around of the reviews of the various dive centres, it seems like there's a few that are well recommended.
    What I'm wondering is, what are the best dive sites in Lanzarote? I've seen some things about the 'Blue Hole' or the 'Cathedral' - I just wanted to see if anyone's dived in the area and had any advice on what they thought was particularly good.

We're staying in Playa Blanca, but we'll have a car for the week so it won't be a problem to travel around the island.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

I spent 10 days there this summer past, diving is good with an abundance of sea life, but in terms of topography and scenery it's nothing special.

I've done both the blue hole and cathedral, both are worth a look I guess but no one particular dive site stood out to me as they have in other places.

I'd recommend going with Manta Diving, they're a two min walk from the beach and one of the best companies I've dived with, friendly knowledgeable and their equipment is top notch! Plus if the numbers in the group are low they're open to letting you choose which sites you prefer and if they you can will thread a bunch of the sites together in one dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Thanks Meanaspie, that's kinda what I thought would be the case.

I'm not too worried - really I just like to keep the diving ticking over when I'm on holidays. It's always good to have a look around somewhere different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tonyoc42

I've dived with Safari diving in Lanzarote and they were good , friendly and helpful. Their center is on the beach and some nice dives just off the beach and a boat just around the corner for excursions.

They will also tend to be at the Dive Ireland show so you could get a discount on dives if you book sometime around the show !

Thanks tonyoc

I've emailed a few places and I'll have a car so I think I'll just see what fits best with my plans - it looks like there are one or two (safari & manta generally get good reviews) that are worth a look.

I thought I should get back on here and let people know how I got on.

As it turned out I only did 1 dive while I was over in Lanzarote. I dived with Safari Diving - and it was grand. Friendly & professional - and right on the beach so dead handy for the dive sites nearby.

Would definitely recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Donie75

Heading to Puerto Del Carmen in a month and hoping to do a few dives with Safari Diving. Did a few dives with them last year and found them great. All the dives I did last year were from the beach.
    Are there any good boat dives I should add to my list for this year?

I didn't do any boat dives with them, so afraid I can't help you there.

Advertisement