Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Entropay Visa Debit Card - Irish ferries

Options
  • 12-07-2010 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Mods, please move if this was discussed or you feel it's in the wrong forumn.

Ryanair used to do a 'no processing charge' when booking with a Virtual Entropay Visa Electron card. Ryanair discontinued the 'no processing charge' with this card a while back.

Seems there is no charge on Irish ferries with this Entropay card.

Just saw a Dormancy charge of €3.75 on my Entropay online statement as I haven't used the card in a little over 6 months.

Buried in the terms and conditions... if you don't use your card for 6 months you get charged a dormancy account fee.

"....If there are no transactions on your EntroPay Account (which for the avoidance of doubt include a load, withdrawal or spend from the EntroPay Account) during a continuous period of six months, then we reserve the right to charge you a monthly dormant account fee each month occurring after such six month period in which there are no transactions on your EntroPay Account until such time as there are no funds in your EntroPay account. The amount of the monthly dormant account fee is set out in the Schedule of Limits and Charges.

5.5 If there has not been a transaction (for the avoidance of doubt a load, withdrawal or spend from one of the Card(s) on the EntroPay Account for 12 months or more, then the Service Provider may close the EntroPay Account without notifying the User at any time and terminate this Agreement in accordance with Clause 12.4. In such a scenario any Funds on the EntroPay Account will become the property of the Service Provider. "...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from BA, think its more suitable here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I'm curious to know what the consumer issue is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

leinster93 wrote: »
    Mods, please move if this was discussed or you feel it's in the wrong forumn.

Ryanair used to do a 'no processing charge' when booking with a Virtual Entropay Visa Electron card. Ryanair discontinued the 'no processing charge' with this card a while back.

Seems there is no charge on Irish ferries with this Entropay card.

Just saw a Dormancy charge of €3.75 on my Entropay online statement as I haven't used the card in a little over 6 months.

Buried in the terms and conditions... if you don't use your card for 6 months you get charged a dormancy account fee.

"....If there are no transactions on your EntroPay Account (which for the avoidance of doubt include a load, withdrawal or spend from the EntroPay Account) during a continuous period of six months, then we reserve the right to charge you a monthly dormant account fee each month occurring after such six month period in which there are no transactions on your EntroPay Account until such time as there are no funds in your EntroPay account. The amount of the monthly dormant account fee is set out in the Schedule of Limits and Charges.

5.5 If there has not been a transaction (for the avoidance of doubt a load, withdrawal or spend from one of the Card(s) on the EntroPay Account for 12 months or more, then the Service Provider may close the EntroPay Account without notifying the User at any time and terminate this Agreement in accordance with Clause 12.4. In such a scenario any Funds on the EntroPay Account will become the property of the Service Provider. "...
    slimjimmc wrote: »
    I'm curious to know what the consumer issue is.

More of a warning than an issue. The part in bold is the reason i moved it here, mods will move it if they think its more suited elsewhere. Report the post if you want to draw a mods attention to it, rather than on thread where they may not see it, and it takes the tread off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Davy wrote: »
    Moved from BA, think its more suitable here

dudara wrote: »
    Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

It's a game of mod keepie uppie ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Yes they will steal any funds you have in it without notice if you are unfortunate enough to have any dealings with them, shoddy product, shoddy company, BEWARE!

Advertisement