Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aftershave - Terre d'Hermès?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

It's nice stuff, have a bottle of it myself. Expensive enough, but nicer than most others.

Had a whiff of Mont Blanc Legend there a while back, it's quite nice and I'll try it at some stage I reckon.

Another thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055857061&page=18

Had a whiff of some of the Tom Ford stuff recommended on there, putrid stuff, sorry lads :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My fav is one million by paco rabanne. Love it on guys

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Terre d'Hermés is lovely stuff.
    I always say with regard to aftershaves, dont skimp and always get the higher end stuff.

Why would anyone would want to wear one million / armani code etc and smell like every second or third bloke.
    Especially for special/formal occasions.

^^^ Also, the Tom Ford collection is hit and miss, probably slightly more miss i'll admit, but there are 5/6 that really are the dogs wottsits and very unique :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

People nose change over time too. There's many out there i used to wear but wouldnt touch now. I copped on!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Slattsy wrote: »

^^^ Also, the Tom Ford collection is hit and miss, probably slightly more miss i'll admit, but there are 5/6 that really are the dogs wottsits and very unique :)

It probably wasn't the more expensive ones I smelled (I know they go to astronomical prices, some of them) but it was about 6 or 7 or them and even the girlfriend, who was with me, thought they smelled more like actual dogs wotsits :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah I've Terre; doesn't get as much attention as you'd expect but it has its admirers. Not that mainstream either so you won't have every second person wearing it. Its probably what I'd call a more refined scent.

Re One Million; I have it and tbh the only time I'd wear it is if I'm off down to the shops because its better than nothing. I adore Fierce by Abercrombie but everyone has it.

Than again on the flip side the two scents I love on ladies are V&R Spicebomb and Coco Mademoiselle and they'd be pretty mainstream. So each to their own I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Been wearing it for 8 years ,the nicest aftershave bar none,i'd nearly drink it:D

Advertisement