Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

**Please Read** Match Tickets

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

.ak wrote: »
    I also think tickets to clubs are based on previous years sales. So if a club sells its full allocation it won't have an issue getting that next year.

Club allocations are based on two factors only, what division you play in and how many adult teams you have. This is the case for all junior clubs. Tickets are based on a two year commitment, they get same allocation in 2015 as 2014. Clubs are given opportunity to reduce their allocation or indeed apply for more tickets for each two year commitment period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Well got my 6 tickets to Italy game, The Whest will give BOD a send off he deserves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

tickets are on ticketmaster for the italy game

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Got 2! Noice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Brewster wrote: »
    Club allocations are based on two factors only, what division you play in and how many adult teams you have. This is the case for all junior clubs. Tickets are based on a two year commitment, they get same allocation in 2015 as 2014. Clubs are given opportunity to reduce their allocation or indeed apply for more tickets for each two year commitment period.

Yep. However, if you're a Senior club with 4 teams, you'll get a lot more tickets than a Junior club with 4 teams.
    The likes of Blackrock get about 450 tickets per match!
    Provincial breakdown is roughly:
    Leinster clubs 15000 tickets
    Munster clubs 7500 tickets
    Ulster clubs 15000 tickets
    Connacht 700!!
    The rest are ten year tickets, sponsors etc IIRC

Can't be certain on three of those absolute figures (been a while since i was at a meeting discussing this stuff) but Leinster and Ulster each definitely get roughly double what Munster get and Connacht get next to nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Heroditas wrote: »
    Yep. However, if you're a Senior club with 4 teams, you'll get a lot more tickets than a Junior club with 4 teams.
    The likes of Blackrock get about 450 tickets per match!
    Provincial breakdown is roughly:
    Leinster clubs 15000 tickets
    Munster clubs 7500 tickets
    Ulster clubs 15000 tickets
    Connacht 700!!
    The rest are ten year tickets, sponsors etc IIRC

Can't be certain on three of those absolute figures (been a while since i was at a meeting discussing this stuff) but Leinster and Ulster each definitely get roughly double what Munster get and Connacht get next to nothing.

Sure yeah, senior clubs get a lot more. Junior clubs allocation could be as low as 40. Big difference between Munster and other big two ok, wasn't aware it was that big.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Brewster wrote: »
    Sure yeah, senior clubs get a lot more. Junior clubs allocation could be as low as 40. Big difference between Munster and other big two ok, wasn't aware it was that big.

Leinster junior club allocations can be as low as 20.
    At lower levels, it's 20 tickets per adult team the club fields.
    To be fair, the ticketing committee will usually throw them a few extra tickets if they ask nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭moycullen14

Hi,

I'm looking for tickets for Italy v Ireland in Rome next year. Any suggestions?

TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Hi,

I'm looking for tickets for Italy v Ireland in Rome next year. Any suggestions?

TIA

Will be freely available on the Italian federation website.
    http://ticket.federugby.it/

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭mrskinner

This is not open yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

mrskinner wrote: »
    This is not open yet!

See below:
    Will be freely available on the Italian federation website.

Will probably go on sale in October/November.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

How much are the tickets to the RWC final? I'm looking around bar RWC website and they are quoting me prices of around $1300... Which is rather outrageous really. I can't find any on private selling websites like adverts.ie. What would be the UK version of adverts.ie? I looked at donedeal but there was nothing. Ticketmaster aren't selling any and RWC website is sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

Viagogo is the only site I've seen any available on.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

RWC will have more tickets available I'd say when they do the sell back option. You might get lucky then if you can still register (but the final mightn't be a runner)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

How would I go about getting tickets for the France Ireland match in Paris next February? They are not available on the French federations site yet but was wondering if they would send them outside of France?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Taco Corp wrote: »
    How would I go about getting tickets for the France Ireland match in Paris next February? They are not available on the French federations site yet but was wondering if they would send them outside of France?
    Thanks
    Any connections to a club or somebody within a club. Apply through a club. Application closing date for away tickets usually quite early - around end october

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Any connections to a club or somebody within a club. Apply through a club. Application closing date for away tickets usually quite early - around end october

Unfortunately I do not have connection to a club.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭mrskinner

You can buy these e-tickets through www.stadedefrance.com and then you print off the tickets. There is an English version of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Taco Corp wrote: »
    Thanks

You can usually get them on francebillet.fr - I wouldn't expect them to be yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I had no issues getting tickets through that site last time. You can set up an alert for them if you subscribe first.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

.ak wrote: »
    I had no issues getting tickets through that site last time. You can set up an alert for them if you subscribe first.

Deadly gonna plan a weekend away around that, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but its stickied so i thought it would be ok.

I have booked flights to Edinburgh to see Scotland v Ireland in Murrayfield in February 2017. This will be my girlfriends first Ireland rugby game so I want to ensure i can get tickets. Does anyone know the best place id be able to secure them at face value or as close as. Unfortunatly im not a member of a club in Ireland so that route is not going to work and i head that being a member of the IRFU supporters club doesnt guarantee tickets either.

Any help much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,950 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Hogzy wrote: »

I have booked flights to Edinburgh to see Scotland v Ireland in Murrayfield in February 2017. This will be my girlfriends first Ireland rugby game so I want to ensure i can get tickets. Does anyone know the best place id be able to secure them at face value or as close as. Unfortunatly im not a member of a club in Ireland so that route is not going to work and i head that being a member of the IRFU supporters club doesnt guarantee tickets either.

Oddly enough you might get them from the SRU in general sale. Failing that you should pick some up on the streets. Scotland games aren't as well attended as they once were so the tickets aren't quite as hard to get as they are for other nations. I hope you've accommodation booked even this early :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Oddly enough you might get them from the SRU in general sale. Failing that should pick some up on the streets. Scotland games aren't as well attended as they once were so the tickets aren't quite as hard to get as they are for other nations. I hope you've accommodation booked even this early :)

Thanks for your help! Looking at booking an AirBnB tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Hogzy wrote: »

I went over four years ago and had no problem buying tickets from the SRU. They delivered to Ireland........at some price AFAIR. Had a fabulous weekend.....even though we lost! Lovely people sitting around us at the match.

Advertisement