Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

spider infestation

• 27-09-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi

apologies if this is in the wrong forum...

to put it simply, my garage is infested with spiders, and I have a total fear of them. so therefore, I cannot go in there.

And I need to go in there, for coal for the fire etc.

My question is this, is there anything I can do to get rid of all of them? like, can you get bug bombs in Ireland? Or could I call an exterminator?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

lila44 wrote: »
    Hi

apologies if this is in the wrong forum...

to put it simply, my garage is infested with spiders, and I have a total fear of them. so therefore, I cannot go in there.

And I need to go in there, for coal for the fire etc.

My question is this, is there anything I can do to get rid of all of them? like, can you get bug bombs in Ireland? Or could I call an exterminator?

I think you should try seeing a councillor or therapist about your fears.

In the meantime get a man to move the fuel for you (how come men are never afraid of spiders)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,222 ✭✭✭✭endacl

They're only there because there's loads of food for them. If you get rid of the spiders, you'll be overrun with other creepie crawlies. Would you prefer that? The spiders are doing good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I think you should try seeing a councillor or therapist about your fears.

In the meantime get a man to move the fuel for you (how come men are never afraid of spiders)

Some men are, some women – like me– are not.

OP just ask someone unafraid to clear out the shed for you or move your fuel to an outdoor bunker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

My neighbor had her shed cleared out recently and the guys that were doing it had to come out every few minutes because of the spiders, they were huge and everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

(how come men are never afraid of spiders)

I am afraid of spiders, and I am a man :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Spiders main food are flies, which is better spiders or flies?

Spiders are completely harmless and they do more good than bad.

In my opinion your wasting your time eliminating spiders as they will return again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

thanks for all the feedback..

but my question still remains, would an exterminator get rid of spiders? or do they only deal with bigger things like rats etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 threepennys

lila44 wrote: »
    thanks for all the feedback..

but my question still remains, would an exterminator get rid of spiders? or do they only deal with bigger things like rats etc?

I doubt that an exterminator would/could do anything, since spiders are harmless & wouldn't be considered 'pests'

Have you tried conkers? Never tried it myself, but apparently spiders don't like them...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

(how come men are never afraid of spiders)

I am afraid of spiders, and I am a man :D
    No ur not :D

Advertisement