Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Wow, Tinkerbell, you have nearly seen it all at this stage!

Best of luck with this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

Hi girls,

Been a while since I joined in, my best friend got married there on Monday so I've been a busy girl. I am destroyed tho as a result and I now have the flu :(

Anyone else still struggling with morning sickness. Baby gave me a three day break over the wedding, which was amazing and great timing, but it's back today and once again struggling to keep meals down. It could be just because I'm tired and run down.

Cyning- so glad that it's eased for you slightly, I hope your feeling better soon.

I have a quick question 11 weeks and still haven't heard a word from the hospital, just wondering when others got their letters for first scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

Sorry ladies, just went back tho some posts and saw you have already had that conversation about appointments for scans. I think I will call the hospital next week if I don't hear from them by next week. :) anyone else waiting in Kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I have mine on friday morning and we are both very excited. m/s seems to be gone. constantly hungry but the thing thats really killing me is the constipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Had an early pregnancy chat in hospital y/day, it was informative, lots of advice from the midwife, dietician and physio on starting pelvic floor excercises(NOW!), posture, diet etc.
    I can eat nuts! ...apparently its not on the banned list anymore yippee! And from 13 weeks "you can expect to put on 1lb per week" :eek: I`m less than 5ft so I`m gonna be a barrel WooHoo!! :rolleyes:
    I`m 13 weeks next Tuesday, having a listen to the heartbeat then so ill try and relax then.
    I get my post this evening from old house so hopfully there`s some Scan appointments thrown in.
    Bought 2 maternity trousers too cos I`m wearing my sister`s size 10s but still too tight at the waist and too big everywhere else.
    Welcome to the new Mothers on here - we`re fairly multiplying :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

notsobusy wrote: »
    I have mine on friday morning and we are both very excited. m/s seems to be gone. constantly hungry but the thing thats really killing me is the constipation.

I found with the constipation that I no longer get the "urge" to go #2 and then before you know it it's a few days! So I sometimes will just go and sit on the throne for a few mins, with some reading material, and often find it just happens. Lots of fruit and water helps... When I remember.

Good to hear things going well Friday.

I forgot to say that I found a midwife that will do a home birth with me. She's registered with HSE so can do the grant thing. Meeting her after my booking scan and taking things from there. I just hope I don't go 2 weeks over cos then it will be all in vain and will prob end up with induction in hospital which I'd like to avoid if unnecessary. But hey that's not for a while so no point in worrying!

I look positively frumpy in work today. I'm sure they think I stuffed myself stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I second the frumpyness , I'm usually very into my appearance and now I feel like a fat chimney sweep walking around..

Meant to have my 14week scan monday but can't go cause of exam. Nurse in Portlaoise told me they only do it every 3 weeks or something so it'll prob be 17weeks before I see baby. Could I find out sex then.. If baby is relaxed enough to give a show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Scan today and everything is perfect baby was moving round like mad!:):):) Can`t stop smiling! and very little morning sickness today i`m hoping its a trend.

theg81der wrote: »
    Scan today and everything is perfect baby was moving round like mad!:):):) Can`t stop smiling! and very little morning sickness today i`m hoping its a trend.

Delighted for you, must be great to see baby moving about and everything 100%. Hope the morning sickness stays away now :)

Must stop reading birth stories in bed-emotional wreck...

• Advertisement

javagal wrote: »
    Must stop reading birth stories in bed-emotional wreck...

Cried my eyes out watching one born every minute WTF!!! I don`t even cry normally for anything.

I have it recorded coz OH wldnt watch it!

I've just realised that I haven't had to get up in the middle of the night to pee in 2/3 nights. I was waking at 5 every morning to go and then struggling to get back to sleep for an hour or so. But the last few mornings I've needed to go just before my alarm goes off! It's the little things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I'm a big fan of Teen Mom on MTV.
    Was watching an old episode yesterday when a young couple gave up their daughter for adoption, was bawling watching it, even though I know the outcome is all good.

Was crying on Tuesday listening to Jenny Kelly describe how ray darcy proposed to her after a hard year cos her dad died suddenly and they told her mom on Xmas day to put s smile on her face.

I cried ringing in the new yr with my husband and my daughter.

I'm an emotional wreck.....

silly wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of Teen Mom on MTV.
    Was watching an old episode yesterday when a young couple gave up their daughter for adoption, was bawling watching it, even though I know the outcome is all good.

Was crying on Tuesday listening to Jenny Kelly describe how ray darcy proposed to her after a hard year cos her dad died suddenly and they told her mom on Xmas day to put s smile on her face.

I cried ringing in the new yr with my husband and my daughter.

I'm an emotional wreck.....

oh silly was that catelynn and tyler?? i proper sobbed for half an hour watching that.!!

Yeah! That's them!, now I can't really blame the pregnancy on the bawling cos I was in bits when I watched the episode last yr when they met their daughter for the 1st time when she was 1.

But that episode last night, they were bawling, I was bawling.... Oh god, tearing up thinking about it.

javagal wrote: »
    oh silly was that catelynn and tyler?? i proper sobbed for half an hour watching that.!!

I cried watching them even before I got pregnant! It was so awful that she had to do all that with no support from her mom. Sometimes you wondered who was the adult and who was the 16yo!

Totally addicted to that show though.

Poor Kids...

Gonna go on 4od and watch one born every minute before studying. nothing like a good bawl to get the brain working...

and my oh is in work and would NEVER watch it with me. Boy is he gonna be in shock in a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Oooh I knew there'd be some One Born.. discussions!
    OH was all set to watch it with me and then suddenly rearranged his schedule to go for his run & have a shower while it was on. He watched other series with me but maybe he's a bit scared now as it's closer to home!

I'm hoping my birth will go more like the older lady (28) with the army guy. Seemed pretty straightforward. So lovely and emotional at the end!

I really felt for the 18yr old. I could be really wrong in thinking this but I've heard it before that if a lady is quite overweight or gains LOADS (like 40+ lbs) during preg then she's more likely to have a really large baby (he was 10lbs 11, wowzers). So I think that coupled with the fact that she was not at all in the midset of having a baby (sucking her own thumb & just seemed daunted rather than excited) was partially why baby got stuck & then had trauma from being squished in the canal. The poor girl, it was all so rough on her.

I was internally freaking out when baby wasn't breathing for a few minutes, he bounced right back though.

Can't wait for next week's, it's weird watching it now knowing it's all ahead of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Had my scan today and the baby was waving their arms around like a little rave dancer - too cute for words :D I am going to order a home doppler thingy now that I know everything is ok!

I am so happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

I had my hospital appointment today in Coombe.
    it took a long time, but all staff was so helpful and nice.
    I had my scan today.
    Baby was moving constantly and midwife was laughing with me during a scan. she said little one looks happy :) and behave like he/she is in the best place on the world.

it took quite long time to get proper picture but it was worth it.

anyway I feel much better, i will have additional consultant appointment in February and glucose test in April.

hubby had to stay home - he get cold and I didn't want him to get anyone else sick, but there was so many people coming who were coughing and looking sick that I feel bad that he miss chance to see little one.

• Advertisement

I am so upset had some kind of fit/episode yesterday similar to one I had when I had a m/c. So worried and they can`t scan till next wednesday. Went to hospital, spent most of yesterday there I knew they couldn`t do anything but just wanted to see if the baba is ok :(. Why is this happening to me I was soooo happy when I saw the scan Wednesday.

Anyone else experience anything like this? My blood sugar plummets I have some kind of petit mal epileptic fit and start to pass out.

theg81der wrote: »
    I am so upset had some kind of fit/episode yesterday similar to one I had when I had a m/c. So worried and they can`t scan till next wednesday. Went to hospital, spent most of yesterday there I knew they couldn`t do anything but just wanted to see if the baba is ok :(. Why is this happening to me I was soooo happy when I saw the scan Wednesday.

Anyone else experience anything like this? My blood sugar plummets I have some kind of petit mal epileptic fit and start to pass out.

oh you poor love, really really hope that everything is ok. Will keep my fingers crossed for you

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

g81der - thinking of you.

Hi all, haven't been on this in ages as have been really busy. Told the 'mother in law' few weeks before xmas and of course she felt it her duty to tell everybody else! She reacted ok to the news considering (she can be very hard to deal with) - she just said 'oh' and then left the room. Heard yesterday that I was the target of an OTT rant that we would never cope, that I'll leave with the baby and that all she can do now is pray that the baby will turn out ok. Apparently the anger in her voice was frightening. Needless to say I'm devastated. I always knew she was a wagon but my boyfriend is so hurt by it and it's making me more upset. I cried all yesterday, couldn't sleep last night & cried again all morning. He honestly thought she was happy for us even though I thought different. We're 28, together 6 years & very happy together. Her problem is we're not married and we rent an apartment (you need to own a house when you have a kid you see!)... My friends and family have told me not to worry about it but it's hard to think that the one person my boyfriend wanted to be happy for us is so against us and this baby already. He wants to bring it up with her (usually when she has a tantrum everyone avoids confrontation and she gets away with it - but she's overstepped the mark this time) but we don't want to get the person who told us in trouble. Any ideas??

Thinking of you g81der-I'm sure you will be fine. Just keep your sugars up and rest.

Keep us posted on how your feeling.

My head the past few days is just thumping. Nothing can help it :(

Finished with my folic acid last week and now am taking pregnacare, hopefully it gives me some needed energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭feest

mamaheidi wrote: »
    g81der - thinking of you.

Hi all, haven't been on this in ages as have been really busy. Told the 'mother in law' few weeks before xmas and of course she felt it her duty to tell everybody else! She reacted ok to the news considering (she can be very hard to deal with) - she just said 'oh' and then left the room. Heard yesterday that I was the target of an OTT rant that we would never cope, that I'll leave with the baby and that all she can do now is pray that the baby will turn out ok. Apparently the anger in her voice was frightening. Needless to say I'm devastated. I always knew she was a wagon but my boyfriend is so hurt by it and it's making me more upset. I cried all yesterday, couldn't sleep last night & cried again all morning. He honestly thought she was happy for us even though I thought different. We're 28, together 6 years & very happy together. Her problem is we're not married and we rent an apartment (you need to own a house when you have a kid you see!)... My friends and family have told me not to worry about it but it's hard to think that the one person my boyfriend wanted to be happy for us is so against us and this baby already. He wants to bring it up with her (usually when she has a tantrum everyone avoids confrontation and she gets away with it - but she's overstepped the mark this time) but we don't want to get the person who told us in trouble. Any ideas??

Oh, so sorry for the drama mamaheidi. I can understand you and your boyfriend's desire to confront her about her rant. If you two can't have her support, then she should keep her opinions to herself unless asked. Extra stress is the last thing you need these days.

If you really don't want to "out" the person who you heard about the tantrum from, maybe the two of you sit down with her and say that you got the feeling that she wasn't completely on board/in support of what's going on. She'll either air her grievances or she'll lie to your face. Either way at least then you'll know what you're dealing with and how to involve her (if at all) in the future.

Hoping for the best!!

Thanks Feest! Good idea but (thankfully) she lives a four and a half hour drive away which is good in that I don't have to visit too often but bad in that she still manages to meddle from 200 miles away ;-) Will update if there are any major developments though I'd say this will be let slide eventually too... xx

Javagal -have you taken paracetamol for your headache? I read in previous posts that that's allowed... hope you feel better soon!

mamaheidi wrote: »

Javagal -have you taken paracetamol for your headache? I read in previous posts that that's allowed... hope you feel better soon!
    Is Panadol the same as paracetamol?

Silly, I'm not sure. It says it 'contains' paracetamol. Here's the link to their site where it says to talk to your doctor before taking it...
    https://www.panadol.ie/All-Products/
    I just looked back and Cyning said she was offered paracetamol in hospital... I'm sure a quick call to your GP would clear it up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I was indeed... I didnt take it to be fair, but i dont think theres any issue with it... even ask the pharmacist if your worried!

Looks like I'm going back into hospital haven't kept any food or water down since Wednesday... trying to work up energy for a shower and I just dont know how I'm going to manage it... i cant even make it to bathroom to get sick at the moment...

theg81der please try not to worry too much... focus on nice normal healthy scan you had this week. Stress isn't good for you or baby and the fact your scan was fine is a really good sign. Babs is really well protected in there... rest and relax: stick up the feet and do nothing. Hope everything is okay x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭feest

Panadol is safe for most pregnant women, but of course ask your doctor. I think it says "contains paracetamol" because there are other chemicals included, like stablizers and caking agents.

Ask your doc or pharamist about the maximum dosage. I feel comfortable sticking to one 500mg pill once a day when needed--that plus a small bit of Coke helps to keep headaches at bay. If you're watching your caffeine intake remember that a lot of pain relievers include caffeine!

Advertisement