Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Would aiming your reaper missile close to an enemy using trophy system kill them or does it protect that blast as well?! Had enemy laying out in open on village last night first time realised I hit trophy, left him alone after that, hope it really p*ssed him off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Would aiming your reaper missile close to an enemy using trophy system kill them or does it protect that blast as well?! Had enemy laying out in open on village last night first time realised I hit trophy, left him alone after that, hope it really p*ssed him off!

It depends on how close the missile is to them but it's hard to get it close enough for the blast radius to kill but far enough away to avoid the trophy system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

The trophy system is good for 2 shots against grenades, rpgs, preds, reaper, c4, not sure about assault drone rockets; it's not 100% effective though, preds have gotten through. It destroys the explosive and turns the blast into a friendly one hence you can get kills with a trophy system from c4 and grenades etc. but since preds and reapers are coming down in a steep angle, the chances of killing an enemy with a trophy system are very rare. In domination against a good team or on a shíte connection it's brilliant for capping flags and lessening the impact of recon pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Played free for all earlier. Loads of players spawn killing . Spawn die spawn somewhere else guy kills me. He was lying prone waiting for ppl to spawn. ****ing joke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

greenman09 wrote: »
    Played free for all earlier. Loads of players spawn killing . Spawn die spawn somewhere else guy kills me. He was lying prone waiting for ppl to spawn. ****ing joke

All you can do is spawn with a grenade in your hand for some revenge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Arkaden?

Arkaden?

Boardwalk butnim sure it happens on every map. Runts

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's been hacked on Xbox. Saw a video with an 18 man FFA Village and Bootleg. Spawn/die/spawn/die/spawn/die.........
    and so it begins must be a new CD game coming soon !

It's a glitch not a hack, apparently and will be fixed...sorry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Red Star Bellend

This game is a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

This game is a disgrace.

Cool story bro..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

This game is a disgrace.
    very detailed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Red Star Bellend

IPAM wrote: »
    Cool story bro..
    Likewise.
    very detailed
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Booted up the 'aul xbox there at the weekend,and threw on mw3 for the craic......I new there would be ****load of updates and maps to download,so decided to do it later and jump straight in to a game of tdm.But the fucking game wouldn't let me...... kept saying that there where new maps available............ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu infinty ward:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

****ing snipers.

Quickscopers is my biggest pet hate of this game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I'll get my coat :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Quickscopers is my biggest pet hate of this game.

Is it really bad in MW3? I haven't been on in a while. There's tonnes of 'em in MW 2 but they're cannon fodder. Sometimes I'm the only un-sniper in a room!

There's a lot less in MW3 than in MW2 IMO, but still very annoying when they get ya :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

IPAM wrote: »
    There's a lot less in MW3 than in MW2 IMO, but still very annoying when they get ya :mad:
    If they don't get ya with their quickscope....

Fuc1ing FMG9 akimbo fagggggzzz....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

The Free PC weekend is live and its horrible so many hackers its unreal !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The Free PC weekend is live and its horrible so many hackers its unreal !!!!!

I haven't once come across one since Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

My MW3 on PS3 slim is working for a few mins then keeps saying disk read error, I've cleaned the disk, cleaned the laser, rebuilt the file database, deleted the saves and install, redownloaded the updates and the disk isnt scratched, but its still not working for more than a few mins without freezing, did this happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I haven't once come across one since Christmas.

How? I usually come across 3 - 4 per night! At this point though, it doesn't really get me that upset anymore. I usually just leave the game and change match type. My KDR is bad enough as it is (actually it's a DKR for me :D) without having hackers making it any worse.

Possibly my biggest gripe with the game is that if I do decide to leave a game, say in TDM, if I go into the lobby to try for a different game in TDM, it usually puts me straight back into the same game that I just quit. This rarely happened in MW2 but I'm not sure if that was by design or chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

My MW3 on PS3 slim is working for a few mins then keeps saying disk read error, I've cleaned the disk, cleaned the laser, rebuilt the file database, deleted the saves and install, redownloaded the updates and the disk isnt scratched, but its still not working for more than a few mins without freezing, did this happen to anyone else?

Yes, with more than 1 disc. It's just a piece of s**t.

Spent the last while finishing off my last prestige, then it says i can prestige again. Thinkin i might get somethin out of it i went for it. Now im back to Prestige 20 lvl 1. Derp!

Yeah as far as I know it just gives ya a token, pretty shît tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

MW3SOME. Basically it's a mix of the top 3 voted modes: Team Deathmatch, Domination and Search And Destroy with the top 3 voted maps: Terminal, Dome and Hardhat.

Might be alright in a party, or else I think I'll pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Does anyone know why the same maps are coming up time and again on domination I seem to only get the option between a few like

Outpost (always)
    Carbon (always)
    Resistance (always)
    Mission (now and again)
    Seatown (always)
    Terminal (always)

I havent played Bakaara, Dome or the rest for ages now and its very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Been trying to play online for the past two days and each time when I try to connect, it spends five minutes loading, only to tell me that the servers are down, and after attempting this three times, it finally connects me.

I check online and it says their servers are fine.

Anyone else getting this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Been trying to play online for the past two days and each time when I try to connect, it spends five minutes loading, only to tell me that the servers are down, and after attempting this three times, it finally connects me.

I check online and it says their servers are fine.

Anyone else getting this?

Yeah I have been getting this too recently, I go into the vault first now and it seems to connect ok then I just come back out and into the games which is a bit quicker than waiting for the servers to connect the normal way.

And why is it I always get disconnected when having the game of my life?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Typical.

Yeah I was fixing it buy popping out and going to the spec ops log in, then out and back into regular multiplayer.

Advertisement