Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Hardly call sticking a sticker on a car a "modification" :pac:

I stuck an Apple sticker on my laptop, does it mean I modified it, and it's now a Mac? :pac:

It's modifying the exterior look, so yes...a modification. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

http://animalsbeingdicks.com/

I am currently lawling at this website:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

abd-76.gif

:D

Edit: There's only 79 images :(

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Edit: There's only 79 images :(

All of those images are win though!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

On a separate note, the actor that played Joey in Friends has grey hair, the actress that played Phoebe is 48 and the actress that played Monica is 47 - I feel so old :eek:

Still insaaaaanely hot though :P

Matt%2BLeBlanc%2B2.jpg

• Advertisement

Oh wow, makes me feel young, I kinda though they were all mid to late 30's!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Thanks Randy! :D

Yeah I figured it out, the Irish Rail site automatically put me on the direct Maynooth - Dublin train which took an hour, but I looked up the timetables which had a Sligo - Dublin train that stopped in Maynooth and only took half an hour, so that pretty much solved my dilemma! :)
    I've known the bus take well over an hour in bad traffic ... >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

_meehan_ wrote: »

abd-118.gif

No babies were injured...I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

_meehan_ wrote: »

:pac: That's fantastic :P

"Condescending Llama
    Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know I wasn’t supposed to film you eating…jerk."

abd-16.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Hovercat tbd

abd-13.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

abd-81.gif

That poor child :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I'm in the unenviable position of inviting the neighbours over to a house warming we're having later on. I have a contingency plan in the case of encountering elderly non-studenty people; ask them for a hammer or screw driver. It's not discrimination at all. :/

I'm in the unenviable position of inviting the neighbours over to a house warming we're having later on. I have a contingency plan in the case of encountering elderly non-studenty people; ask them for a hammer or screw driver. It's not discrimination at all. :/

Ask the old people sure. ;)

Wheres our invite eh? I can't remember where exactly you told me you were living, but still, we are surely almost-neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

You didn't miss much (besides some morning trouble involving authority figures >_<).

So, like... I'm, like.. Getting a laptop for college, like... But, like, I've nooo idea at all about them... Like.. I has questions..

What difference does it make whether the laptop is Dell, Toshiba, Sony, Lenovo, etc? Isn't Windows 7 gonna be the same on all of them..? :confused:

And if the memory is, say, 1 MB will the laptop be a lot slower than a 4 MB laptop?

I mostly just need to access the internet and maybe to use Word so it doesn't need to be a supercomputer... But I'm lost... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I mostly just need to access the internet and maybe to use Word so it doesn't need to be a supercomputer... But I'm lost... :(

Budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

So, like... I'm, like.. Getting a laptop for college, like... But, like, I've nooo idea at all about them... Like.. I has questions..

What difference does it make whether the laptop is Dell, Toshiba, Sony, Lenovo, etc? Isn't Windows 7 gonna be the same on all of them..? :confused:

And if the memory is, say, 1 MB will the laptop be a lot slower than a 4 MB laptop?

If that's all you plan on using it for just get something with a decent amount (4GB or so) of RAM and try find something with a good battery. Might consider getting something that's light and smallish too so it's not a pain to carry everywhere.

Budget?

I'd say I'd be trying to keep it under 500...?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

JamJamJamJam, get a netbook - I have an Acer AspireOne and it is brilliant. It has Windows 7 Starter on it, it has a 6 cell battery so it'll easily do 5 hours without charging (handy for college libraries where finding a plug isn't easy near exam time), and it came with free Office if I remember correctly.

Its very easy to carry around, I just put it in my bag among my books - it isn't heavy and takes up about the room of a refill pad :p

• Advertisement

JamJamJamJam, get a netbook - I have an Acer AspireOne and it is brilliant. It has Windows 7 Starter on it, it has a 6 cell battery so it'll easily do 5 hours without charging (handy for college libraries where finding a plug isn't easy near exam time), and it came with free Office if I remember correctly.

Its very easy to carry around, I just put it in my bag among my books - it isn't heavy and takes up about the room of a refill pad :p

Aye, but a netbook won't have enough storage for long term college work, etc. Try looking in PC World, they usually have good bargains, especially on HPs which are brilliant laptops!

Try looking into Sonys, HPs, Packard Bells, Compaqs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

I'd say I'd be trying to keep it under 500...?

You could check out www.saveonlaptops.co.uk - I've never bought from there (only had a look around a few months back, but the search has a fairly good filter to accomodate most things), but they've gotten generally positive feedback from the people who post over in the Laptops forum (thread)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Aye, but a netbook won't have enough storage for long term college work, etc. Try looking in PC World, they usually have good bargains, especially on HPs which are brilliant laptops!

Well, his budget is 500, so after buying a netbook he could buy about 3 external HDs and still be under budget!

But mine has a 160GB HDD which is more than enough for most people I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I have a netbook for college, I literally just use it for internet and saving odd word document: notes are usually available online and most colleges have online storage systems. Besides as Tim said, you can get an external HD for fifty euro if you do need to extra space.
    If you want to download lots music, films etc. a netbooks not going to be suitable, but if you just want something light to bring into college everyday and get on the internet, a netbook is prefect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

You´d hardly need a 320GB HDD for college stuff! :p
    A grand setup for your college work is to keep it in a Dropbox folder which syncs it (so you can access the stuff from another computer or a phone)
    HP´s have high failure rates :/ Sony Vaios are purdy but you pay a premium like

Jam, 3-4 GB RAM would be fine. 2 GB at the least for Windows 7
    Microsoft Office is €140 (According to MS), so unless you are willing to skimp on PC/expand budget just get a free Office suite (I use libreoffice, libreoffice allows you to save documents in Microsoft formats btw)

I'm lost about all this laptop vs netbook shizz tbh. I'd love the the compact-ness of a netbook, but then I'm not sure about the memory thing..and tbh I haven't a clue how much work I'm going to want to save on it..gaaaah so confusing:(

And what's this RAM business?:confused: Does it matter how much of it you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

The odd thing is, I kinda like it. O_O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Lads...netbooks FTW! I love my netbook :cool:

I couldn't live with a netbook, I have a huuuuuge amount of memory taken up on my laptop with photos. I'm a serial snapper.

If you do decide to get a laptop JamJam, check the weight of it before you buy it :p some of the newish ones are ridiculously heavy...mine kills my back :( I thought it wouldn't bother me but after a while walking to and from buses...

• Advertisement

I had a netbook and it kinda of messed up my eyesite, It was really weird after using it for a while I wouldn't be able to read any writing on the TV or anything kind of far away.

It might not have been the netbook but since getting rid of it, It's been OK.

Advertisement