Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New student travel website

Options
  • 21-08-2009 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Have a look at www.collegelink.ie just put up this evening, boards members gettin first look,let me know what you think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Bit expensive isn't it? Admittedly I don't live down the south but surely 12e single is a bit much no?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You need to fill the seats on the way back, target Tralee students living in Cork and Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Victor wrote: »
    You need to fill the seats on the way back, target Tralee students living in Cork and Limerick.
    Have to agree the €12 is fairly pricey each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭peltor

Thanks for the replies guys,the price i don't think is overly expensive,we collect the students from suitable central locations in kerry and bring students to their accomadation on a sunday night not a bus station where they have to link up with another bus or get a Taxi costs a good bit more.
    We have been told by students who will travel with us that it is very good value,the distance is approx 70mls and bus eireann charge a student €13.10 for the same trip.
    They will have free internet access as well whilst on the bus.which no one else in kerry is offering to students

Hi,check out page 27 of the Kerry's Eye

• Advertisement

Ye have wireless internet on those mini buses do you? Thats impressive. Does it actually work well? Who provides it?

Bluezone are providing the wifi access on the buses,they also are putting the bluetooth conection on 1 of the buses as well,anyone with bluetooth only enabled phone can still access the internet its the newest technology out there in Ireland and the speed is almost double what any one else have or can offer,we still need vodaphone coverage on route but it works really well.

Collegelink buses will be on the roads from sept the 13th for those asking me,traveling from Kerry to Cork & Limerick return every weekend, brillant response so far ! People have phoned us as late as 11.30 pm and as far away as Lisdoonvarna !! looking to get seats on collegeliink very happy so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Best of luck with it

Wifi fitted yesterday,works very good with a speed of 7.2mb ,and along as there is phone coverage pretty fast internet access,went out for a 20mile trip in bus and we were skype'in people works very well.

• Advertisement

The wifi is your best asset IMO. I would definately pay a bit extra to have wifi on the trip.

Advertisement