Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blackberry Bold 9900 rebooting

• 03-01-2013 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900 that keeps rebooting. I am on Vodafone and I think I have narrowed down the problem. It seems that when it switches from 3g to 2g the rebooting happens. When i am on 3g only or 2g only its ok.

Anyone know how to fix the problem as i need to have access to both networks.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Did you install any new apps just before this started to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hammer73

Lardy wrote: »
    Did you install any new apps just before this started to happen?

No, Its been doing it since i got it. I left the first 9900 back and the replacement one rebooted all the time too. I searched online about it and thats where i saw someone mention switching on to 3g or 2g only but cant find a solution to the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

If you don't have it already, download and install Blackberry Desktop Manager to your pc, then connect your Berry to the pc. Let desktop manager connect to the phone, then see if there is an update available for it. If there is no update, click on the applications tab on the left hand side and see if there are any essential core app updates.

If you don't have it already, download and install Blackberry Desktop Manager to your pc, then connect your Berry to the pc. Let desktop manager connect to the phone, then see if there is an update available for it. If there is no update, click on the applications tab on the left hand side and see if there are any essential core app updates.

Ill give that a go. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

How old is your sim card?

• Advertisement

cookie1977 wrote: »
    How old is your sim card?

its a new number and sim card, only got it in the November.

Tried this but didnt say i had any updates. Then i went into Options on the phone, then device and software updates and there was an update there.

I loaded it last night and ill see how i get on with that....

hammer73 wrote: »
    Tried this but didnt say i had any updates. Then i went into Options on the phone, then device and software updates and there was an update there.

I loaded it last night and ill see how i get on with that....

On the home screen Hold down alt and press e a c e

Tell me what's beside the app version (in full). I had the same issue with my BB9900 I got from O2 when I was on the Three network. Switiching from 3G to 2G resulted in a reboot.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    On the home screen Hold down alt and press e a c e

Tell me what's beside the app version (in full). I had the same issue with my BB9900 I got from O2 when I was on the Three network. Switiching from 3G to 2G resulted in a reboot.

7.1.0.714(2061)

I'm running 7.1.0.794 (2218). If you want it you can download it here:

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D656406_60344136_874908

and instructions on how to install can be found here:
    http://irishtechnews.net/ITN3/updating-your-os-to-official-or-leak/

• Advertisement
Advertisement