Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was your bike stolen in town?

• 01-11-2010 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Just incase anyone here knows of anyone that had their bike stolen in town, i recently stopped two bikes from being stolen around the camden st. One was an old racer bike and the other was a kids bike. They are both now in the police station. and your man was arrested
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Fair play to ya, wasn't mine but good to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Arequipa

What sort of bloke tried to rob the bike? Was he Irish...what age group... A professional thief or hobo/junkie-would be interested to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gallagc8

nice work, hope you track down the owners

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Swaine55

he was a junkie, about 25, irish. He knew what he was doing though, very casual. Looked like he wanted to kill me anyway. Only problem is people might not bother asking the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Fair play, how did you reprimand him and get him arrested? Did there happen to be a garda passing that you alerted about his actions? Just interested in case I or others come across similar theft and vandalism.
    Pity the judicial system is such a farce and he'll be released and on the streets to rob other people's prized positions. Who also pays for the damage to the bike lock used to lock the bikes, is there any way they can fine the thief for the damage and make him pay?

• Advertisement
Advertisement