Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are my eyes deceiving me: construction *started* on a new estate in Dunshaughlin?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

We were contacted in May this year to be told that work would start again in the June.

Well.......surprise surprise........it didn't!! & still hasn't!!!!

So....I'm sorry to say I've no idea what's happening with the houses now!?

The showhouse & it's neighbour have been sat empty for over 2 years now, with the rest not far behind!

The Stanley brothers are the builders. Initially as Blackchurch Homes, then as Hanway Homes.

An experience I'm glad to be free of!!

Thanks for the info. I saw this weekend that they have a security guy there.

Did you consider anywhere else in the village!?

Any new estate which you would avoid in Duns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Any update on this or the Seachnaill abbey development on the other side of the road??

brinty wrote: »
    Any update on this or the Seachnaill abbey development on the other side of the road??

The Willows remains untouched. Last I heard is that they re-applied for planning permission and this was granted. No idea why they are yet to re-start building. I would have thought that this is the perfect time.

Seachnaill abbey. These guys seem to be going at good pace. They will have one of the detached house (show house) built pretty soon. It seems to me it is the detached with the side extension. Still cant understand why they do not have a website or seen them advertised anywhere.

If I was looking to buy, I would prefer Seachnaill abbey over The Willows any day. The location of The Willows is a killer for me. Plus standing outside the houses, the noise coming from the main road is horrible. Personally, I wouldn’t either buy in Seachnaill abbey – not at the prices stated by the previous poster. I’d rather buy a cheap ex-rental house which you can renovate to your standards and taste.

Galego wrote: »
    The Willows remains untouched. Last I heard is that they re-applied for planning permission and this was granted. No idea why they are yet to re-start building. I would have thought that this is the perfect time.

Seachnaill abbey. These guys seem to be going at good pace. They will have one of the detached house (show house) built pretty soon. It seems to me it is the detached with the side extension. Still cant understand why they do not have a website or seen them advertised anywhere.

If I was looking to buy, I would prefer Seachnaill abbey over The Willows any day. The location of The Willows is a killer for me. Plus standing outside the houses, the noise coming from the main road is horrible. Personally, I wouldn’t either buy in Seachnaill abbey – not at the prices stated by the previous poster. I’d rather buy a cheap ex-rental house which you can renovate to your standards and taste.

Cheers Galego, i saw a flier for them on one of the threads here on boards. i contacted the developer today about some info, so we'll see what comes of it?? Yea Willows seems to be an odd situation, dunno why they built there beside a business park and out of the town on the main road!!

brinty wrote: »
    Yea Willows seems to be an odd situation, dunno why they built there beside a business park and out of the town on the main road!!

Cheaper land I guess.
    In the plus side, you can walk from the willows to the petrol station. Only mind the cars in the N3 though :-)

Let me know what you hear back from HORA.

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Hora have Seachnall Abbey advertised on Daft now

http://www.daft.ie/searchnew_development.daft?id=36179

Hora have Seachnall Abbey advertised on Daft now

http://www.daft.ie/searchnew_development.daft?id=36179

€330k for a 4 bed good luck to them with that cos the are going to need it.

I can't see anyone buying them for those prices

In the words of Dragons Den...I'm out....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Rainbow bright

Hi

Can anyone tell me what it is like in Dunshaughlin? I have put an offer on a house in Seachnall Abbey. There seem to be a few from phase 1 sold.

Can you advise me of what the traffic is like? Is there much crime in the area? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Rainbow bright

Advertisement