Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Query re sound from AV unit

Options
  • 10-08-2011 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey guys

Quick question, I've a Pioneer 1018 and Tannoy SFX 5.1 surround sound set up at home. Something I've noticed though is that when I'm watching movies, I find the dialogue very low.

Does anyone have any tips for improving this? I've fiddled with all the settings (I think) in the amp menu, and also the blu-ray player (PS3) but still the dialogue seems too low. I end up having to higher up the volume way too much (imo) as the sound effects are fine. There's no option within the Amp menu's to change the size of the speakers unfortunately (they cant be set to large for example.

Any general tips would be much appreciated (or anything specific to those products above, even better.).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Those speakers should be set to small so don't worry about trying to set to large.

Dialogue comes from the center speaker so assuming you have ran the auto-setup correctly you could just manually increase the volume of the center channel (i.e. "channel level") bit by bit until you are happy with the overall balance.

Advertisement