Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Finishing up in work today (starting a new job on Monday)

these are my "last day nails" :D

A England Tristam with a H&M blue jelly glitter polish on ring finger and thumb... it's like OPI Last Friday Night

First pic is before cleanup and second one is this morning, outside

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Wow, that's really pretty, dancingqueen! I think I saw that H&M polish the other day and I almost bought it, I might have to go back now and get it. :o

suomi wrote: »
    Wow, that's really pretty, dancingqueen! I think I saw that H&M polish the other day and I almost bought it, I might have to go back now and get it. :o

thank you! It's lovely over this actually, I'm sorry I didn't put it on all nails.... but A England is amazing on it's on too! for €3 it's a cute polish!

here is a link to it's dupe qualities!

http://anniescolors.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/opi-lfn-dupe/

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

thank you! It's lovely over this actually, I'm sorry I didn't put it on all nails.... but A England is amazing on it's on too! for €3 it's a cute polish!

here is a link to it's dupe qualities!

http://anniescolors.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/opi-lfn-dupe/

Yep, that's the one I saw! They look great together, I might just have to buy both... :cool: Do you think the A England polish is worth the price? I've heard they're great but £9 is a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Finishing up in work today (starting a new job on Monday)

these are my "last day nails" :D

A England Tristam with a H&M blue jelly glitter polish on ring finger and thumb... it's like OPI Last Friday Night

First pic is before cleanup and second one is this morning, outside

Good luck in your new job!

• Advertisement

suomi wrote: »
    Yep, that's the one I saw! They look great together, I might just have to buy both... :cool: Do you think the A England polish is worth the price? I've heard they're great but £9 is a lot!

Yes, actually. The depth of colour and lack of coating is a winner for me on these - now this is the only one I have, but I'm due to get more! There's a new collection out too. Sometimes she has half price sales on for a week or two. That is how I got this one. If you keep an eye on her facebook page, she'll advertise it. It's good with free shipping, to get them for approx €5

Thank you Pythia!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Can anyone recommend a good cuticle cream/ gel? I used the essence one and it absolutely wrecked my cuticles, completely dried them out and made them peel really badly :(

The best I've tried is Lemony Flutter from Lush

It's a big pot, lasts a while, and smells SO good.... it's about €7

That or just pure coconut/almond oil will work well too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Oh I forgot about Lemony Flutter! I used it years ago and found it really good, can't remember why I stopped using it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

I got my sticky mitts on The max factor Fantasy Fire today. It really is a beautiful polish
    I found it in Boots in Limerick city, Its polish no 45 if on the display if thats any help to you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Does anyone know if I can order the essence snow white glitter toppers online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Does anyone know if I can order the essence snow white glitter toppers online?

No, you can't buy Essence online I'm afraid :(

No, you can't buy Essence online I'm afraid :(

That's what I thought :( thanks anyway! I can't get them anywhere.

That's what I thought :( thanks anyway! I can't get them anywhere.

Do you know anyone in Galway? Penneys there have them!

Unfortunately I don't. :( Thanks anyway! Checked a couple of the Penneys when I was in Dublin on saturday, nothing there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

nope they are gone now. They only have the new cherry blossom set in which is pure crap in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

It's weird. My local chemist never got the Snow White, they've had Cherry Blossom for a while. I was talking to the girl in there today and she said she was talking to the Essence rep who delivers there stuff (probably cos I have kept hounding her :o) and the rep said there were different Essence distributors :eek: So whilst ye may get Snow White, we may never see it. Me no likey that situation at all. Am still short 3 dwarves and 3 toppers. Going to DL with the mammy on Tuesday (she has another hosp apt there) and gonna go back into the Pennys where I got the rest and PRAY they have the others. I'll so cry if I don't complete the set

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

hdowney wrote: »
    It's weird. My local chemist never got the Snow White, they've had Cherry Blossom for a while. I was talking to the girl in there today and she said she was talking to the Essence rep who delivers there stuff (probably cos I have kept hounding her :o) and the rep said there were different Essence distributors :eek: So whilst ye may get Snow White, we may never see it. Me no likey that situation at all. Am still short 3 dwarves and 3 toppers. Going to DL with the mammy on Tuesday (she has another hosp apt there) and gonna go back into the Pennys where I got the rest and PRAY they have the others. I'll so cry if I don't complete the set

In Wicklow? Abbey had Snow White

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I think I've posted pics of this colour a lot before, but how I love China Glaze Manic Purple for barbie hands. Although, doesn't look at all purple to me. Maybe I've just discovered that I'm purple-blind later in life

barbie_hands.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

In Wicklow? Abbey had Snow White

Oh my god really :eek: I LOVe you :D I will be in their like a shot on monday (skint til then) and praying they still have the ones I need.

Also I am now wondering do I know you :p:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

China Glaze Mediterranean Charm
    IMG_20120914055238%2520p.m..jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

I think I've posted pics of this colour a lot before, but how I love China Glaze Manic Purple for barbie hands. Although, doesn't look at all purple to me. Maybe I've just discovered that I'm purple-blind later in life

I'm liking this for the picture of the bird though the colour is fab :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

4B0EE349-AEE9-431F-B01E-394A77253137-3374-00000306444A604B.jpg

Essence Sure Azure and Urban Outfitters After Hours. Very heavy ring from Topshop :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

that looks gorgeous twee!

I got models own in disco mix and I love it :) it looks fabulous over everything!

I also got essence my little kimono polish - love it - nice grey colour

In case anyone is a fan of la colour mccabes in citywest have a new massive stand of them! I got aqua glitter and its gorgoues a fab glittery aqua that is almost jelly like

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Got all of the models own Mirrorball collection today. Bought them online. So excited to try them!

http://www.modelsownit.com/products/nails/mirrorball.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

oh.dear.god I NEED this!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I saw on some blogs that peel off nail polish base is being made. Its main function is to help glitter polishes come off. I found this blog post on it. I will definitely be investigating this when I get a chance!

http://nailderellanails.blogspot.ie/2012/08/essence-peel-off-base-coat.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Pythia wrote: »
    I saw on some blogs that peel off nail polish base is being made. Its main function is to help glitter polishes come off. I found this blog post on it. I will definitely be investigating this when I get a chance!

PVA glue is another solution. It's apparently the exact same as peel off base coats.

http://www.prettypurplepolish.com/2012/08/pva-glue-base-coat-questions-and-wear.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Pythia wrote: »

Penny's in Nutgrove have this atm. Their Essence stand has more than doubled in size recently, there's SO much nail stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Just painted my nails with Barry M Grey. I love it!:)

Took the picture with the webcam, but the colour still shows up well.:p

220800.jpg

Advertisement