Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pimp Your Studio/Services/Facilities [READ THE RULES]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭godfrey

howdy,
    just finishing the construction of my TV & Radio OB unit built specifically for music recording & broadcast.

24 track dual recorders OR 48 track non-redundant. its first gig went well, recording the Dolans D10 festical in Limerick for radio...

in a nutshell:
    2 x Mackie HDR 24/96 24 track 24bit recorder/editors
    1 x Mackie MDR 24/96 24 track recorder
    40 channels Focusrite Octopre (not LE version)
    Yamaha O2R digital console
    Genelec 1029 monitors w sub

stereo mixes for the budget-conscious!

multis, splitters, big Audix mic package!

festivals, concerts, dvd shoots, you name it.

cheers ~

g

www.tpoireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Magicman1

Here's my tuppence worth. www.slapittogetherstudio.com Nearly ready for road now - aimed more at radio production and voiceover work but am hoping to do some music work too, thanks! Email or call if you need any other details:p

• Registered Users Posts: 35 madlaf

Hi all, I'm in the process of setting up a brand new studio. I'll be open sometime in mid august and I'm looking for a few bands/singer songwriters to get the ball rolling. For a limited time I'll be doing a rate of €200 per song. This will include recording, mixing and mastering. This rate is within reason. All bands etc should be well rehearsed and I would typically allocate 1-3 days per song depending on hrs, acts and how well I'm getting on with the band.

My studio is very high end and I will be typically looking for €400 a day when the studio is up and running. The studio is equipped with a newly acquired MTA Trident desk (the actual desk was used to record Portishead's 1st two albums including "Dummy" and part of PJ Harvey's-"Stories from the City, Stories from the sea album")

All mics and outboard are class A equipment and there is also an Otari MTR 90 MKII 2" Tape Machine and Apogee converters. I also have a large selection of guitars, amps and effects for hire for sessions too.

I'm a certified city and guilds engineer and I have working experience in studios in town. If people are genuinely interested and would like to work with me then please PM me. This studio far exceeds the terrible standard of low-mid budget studios in Ireland. I look forward to hearing from you guys. Regards,
    Madlaf

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sandy 67

Just new here and found this interesting, So I'll give some of my customers a plug.

For CD and DVD manufacturing try:-

www.musicmattersinternational.com
    www.crystalmedia.ie

Or, if you wish to burn discs yourself go to

www.discsandduplication.com

All Dublin based.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭alphasounds

All Services nationwide, really.
    Light , Sound Hire & installation.
    Nova P.A. Distribution.
    Live sound course.
    All specs under :

http://alphasounds.com
    greetings
    Thor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 lancewilliams

Hi, i have a high spec practice room in west dublin 60 per session. full pa and back line. pm me if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭nillox

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=5708801397

Around the cork city area, 25euro a song.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭nessymon

Hi Guys

I do some cd duplication.. www.musicmattersinternational.com

100 cds in plastic wallets are €85

nessy

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭gagomes

I've been a sloppy guitar player and studio enthusiast for the last 2-3 years but I've never really got to reach a pro quality in my efforts, mainly because I've never done this full time to the point of fanaticism and most importantly because I used to own less-than-useful gear which in summary was no more than a: pc with onboard soundcard (gotta love 160ms latency!!), pod xt and an Ibanez 7621 guitar with which I recorded this awkward track.

Since this month that I made an investment of over 3000€ on equipment (after being 1.5yrs without any equipment at all) and now I built a moderate quality home studio for my own recreations. The list of gear that I acquired for my compositions, recordings and experiments is as follows:

• DELL Optiplex 755.
    • core 2 quad 2.4ghz
    • 8 Gb RAM.
    • Vista x64 Business Edition + Cubase LE / Sonar LE (for the time being, working on acquiring pro versions of this and a few plugin and sample sets, etc)
    • E-mu 0404 USB soundcard.
    • m-audio studiophile BX5a deluxe reference monitor
    • several tongue-in-china headphones
    • Ibanez rg1527 (7 string)
    • POD X3 Live
    • Maxon OD-808
    • ISP Decimator
    • 1spot + daisychain multi5 (with 3 unused plugs...)

I am interested in sharing this 'bedroom studio' in (D3/Fairview area) with someone who wants to record their own stuff or simply wants to work with someone else to develop and share knowledge and skills. I will also try to mix rock&metal projects for free, in an effort to learn and gain experience from. I have also a project of mine which I will home-record to the point of getting the best possible quality and would appreciate help from someone experienced in recording&tracking (my achiles heel). PM me if interested.

P.S: All of this material is pretty new, I am, as of this writting, working with factory settings for the most part and haven't started tweaking stuff mainly due to the fact that I am still waiting for the delivery of a desk to put the pc and monitors on. As soon as all that arrives, I will start recording clips and show 'what I can(not) do'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

PopStar Studios produce extremely high quality demos for our client.
    Dav Nagle (producer and engineer) will add all the editing and FX to your voice so you can sound like a real popstar! These backing tracks sound simply amazing, just like their originals.

Our aim is to be the one and only studio for recording talented singers from all over Ireland. Our prices are so good that anyone out there who has a 9-5 can come in and create their very own professional CD. We cater for 'X' Factor vocalists and both professional and hobby singers. The amount of top quality songs available is simply outstanding and we pay for them for you, all inclusive in our amazing rates.

If you sing and you have always wanted a professional CD look no further than Pop Star Studios. We will be promoting our service throughout Dublin and the rest of Ireland over the next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

I had to send a gear list to a record label so I thought I would post it here since it was already typed out:

BACKLINE:
    Sonor S Class maple:
    22"x2,
    10",12",13",16" toms
    14x5 maple snare, 14x9 maple snare, 14x6 steel snare
    Zildjian a custom 14" hats, 17"&18" projection crashes, 22' ride
    Paiste 18" china
    2x iron cobra pedals
    4x boom stands and a couple of auxillary boom arms and drum rack.

Guitar gear:
    H&K Triamp mk2, Peavey 6505, Marshall 8100 head, Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier.
    Marshall 4x12, ENGL 4x12, Orange 4x12 (all with v30s)
    Digitech GSP1101 preamp.
    PRS custom 24 (in B tuning), Gibson LP standard, Gibson es137, US strat with emg set (81 in bridge), US tele dlx, Rickenbacker 620, Yamaha compass acoustic.
    Ibanes ts 808, boss sd1, mxr wylde, mxr double shot, boss turbo distortion etc.
    Fender US P Bass in standard tuning, Warwick bass in B (btm 4 of 5 string)
    MXR blow torch bass od, mxr graphic, hartke bass di, warwick tube path 5 head, 2 4x10 cabs.
    This is off the top of my head so I may have left some stuff out.

RECORDING GEAR:
    COMPUTER ETC
    Mac Pro quad 2.6 with 8GB ram.
    2x22" monitors and 1x32" monitor.
    RME Digiface pcie interface.
    M-Audio Profire Lightbridge used for PT M Powered when needed.
    Logic Pro 8 is my main platform.
    Plugins by Sonnox, URS, Wave Arts, Antares, Nomad Factory etc.
    Waves SSL.
    Stillwell 1973, rocket, Major Tom, Vibe eq.
    Mackie control.
    M-Audio oxygen 8
    Yamaha upright electric piano (full hammer action)
    Reason 4
    PT M Powered
    Final Cut Studio
    Mutec Studio master clock

MIC PRES ETC
    API A2D pre.
    Focusrite ISA220 channel.
    Focusrite ISA828 pre.
    Phoenix Audio DRS-1 pre.
    Yamaha 01v96 digital mixer.
    8 Channels of drawmer compressors.
    Focal Twin Monitors.
    BSS di
    Hartke bass di
    Digitech gsp1101
    Pod xt
    Korg rack guitar tuner (super accurate for layering tracks)
    Radial reamp box

MICS ETC:
    Neumann tlm103 condenser.
    Shure Sm57 x 4.
    AKG c4000 x 2.
    audix i5.
    Shure sm58.
    AKG tom mics (?)
    Senheisser tom mics (?)
    Senheisser e602 bass drum mic x 2.
    Studio projects valve mic.
    EV bass drum mic (?).
    AKG d112
    2x chinese ribbon mics (great for drum room mics).
    Senheisser drum overhead small diaphragm condensers x 4.
    Senheisser hd?? headphones x 2
    Vic Firth drummers headphones.

COMFORT ETC:
    Natural daylight and 3 leather couches in the new(ish) control room.
    Comfortably accommodates 8 people.
    Chill out room with leather couch, play station, tv and mac g4 with internet access.
    Patio area adjacent to control room (under construction)
    Tea, coffee and chocky bickies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Brendanwaawaa

For good value CD production try

www.axisppm.com

based in Blanchardstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 lenobiz

Hi

I have a rehearsal space to share with one other band. Pa is provided. Band must provide own drumkit and amps. Full day costs 75 euros and for a 3 hour session it is 45 euros. Price is negotiatable. Also has own toilet.

Located not far from McDonalds in Phibsboro.

Cheers

Leno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 savage cold

want to record contact me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

hey guys posting an add for my mate richie.His studio is the best in dublin and is quickly becoming the best equipt in the country no doubt in a short while it will be. here is what is on his web page

Resolution Recordings is a no-compromise music production service from end-to-end, microphone to monitor speakers. We provide the highest quality in the most relaxed and conducive way that we can. We make your music sound great without you having to watch the clock.

The new Resolution Recordings studio in Sandymount, Dublin 4 features an intimate, ergonomic control room and large, well-lit live room, both of which are extensively acoustically treated.

World-class mics from Neumann, Geffel, Coles, Shure, etc. and the very best "boutique" analog equipment feed a 24-input ProTools HD system for a superb combination of classic analog sound and state of the art digital recording and processing.

Please check out the full capabilities of the Resolution Recordings rig in the above Blog section and sexy photos of the gear in the Pics section.

currently the gear that I know he has is as follows
    Purple Audio MC-77 Urei 1176LN has 2 at least
    EL8-X Distressors by 2 at least
    Lynx Aurora converters by 2 at least again
    Daking 52270C... Trident A-Range. Your electric guitar's new best friend by at least 2 again
    Wunder PEQ1 with the custom-built "Led Zeppelin" transformers
    Wunder PEQ1 modules in a classic Neve 80 Series.
    Neumann U87 we hot-rodded it
    Gefell M300's
    Coles 4040
    PMC TB2S-A monitors
    PMC TLE-1 Subwoofer
    and best of all the prices are the best arround call the studio or myself to get you in touch with richie to strike a deal

here are some links
    www.myspace.com/resolutionrecordings
    resolutionrecordings @ gmail.com
    or if you want to contact myself for any post production mixing or demo work my email is
    digirob.1@gmail.com

Best of Luck! Do you have demos of your work ?

god willing should have some up soon enough.Thanks for the kind words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 practiceroom

Practice space available in city centre. Soundproofed room, alarmed, secure lock up for equipment, has vocal P.A. & pearl export drum kit. Suit three bands sharing. €450 per band per month. If interested PM with your phone number for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

COMFORT ETC:
    Natural daylight and 3 leather couches in the new(ish) control room.
    Comfortably accommodates 8 people.
    Chill out room with leather couch, play station, tv and mac g4 with internet access.
    Patio area adjacent to control room (under construction)
    Tea, coffee and chocky bickies.

in fairness your mum rocks on the old tea making :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

Bookings taken this May are at HALF PRICE of our already great price!

Instead of €350 only €175 for a full day!

www.ShaysStudio.ie

We also have great accommodation deals at only €25 PPS!

This deal not advertised on the website, so ask for it implicitly.

cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kevinsheahan

I'd like to join the list of studios here.
    We are a residential recording studio in the mountains of Co. Wicklow:
    www.orionrecording.com
    Please take a look.
    Thanks,
    Kevin

• Advertisement

Hi guys any one want an intern/slave to help out around the studio just finished up my courses in pulse,Im will to work for nothing its all experience at the end of the day and would be extremely great full location not really an issue as I am willing to travel any questions feel free to p.m. me thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Ok for my sins.....

Here are my Day Jobs:

www.j90.ie my main job funtimes and body clock killer :)
    www.stateofjay.com the original side of our music
    www.westlakelodgestudios.com my country retreat on off days (rare)

PMI was for production music ireland but I decided not to run it.... so how can I change my name to Ed now?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

Starting yesterday Shay's Studio is representing HooksnHigh Mastering in Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement