Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Banned from after hours

• 15-04-2015 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭

I have been banned from after hours and I would like to dispute the ban please.

I have private messaged 2 different moderator's and have yet to receive reply.

I was also trolled and taunted and a number incidents of back seat moderation took place in the same thread by others posters and I wish to find out was any action taken against them in a similar vein.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You complain about over moderation and now want moderation? Let's put this to bed quickly, you were bitching about moderation on thread. This is against the forum rules. You were told to stop. You argued the mod warning, (something else that's against the charter), and kept bitching about moderation. And then the cherry on the cake was a bit of backseat moderation.

So how exactly were you wrongly banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Bitching and moaning? That's great coming from a moderator. Is that how you and moderators describe everyone who doesnt agree or back slap or fondle mods?

Moderators either moderate or they don't.

Is it ok for other posters to tell me to go to twitter to discuss it?

Is posting "I'm not sure what to say, I'm walking on egg shells" questioning a mod or a statement of fact as so many posts has been deleted from the same thread Many only quoting media sources

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm confused.
    It's worse boards.ie is getting.

There's a reason I hardly log in any more.

Over moderated muck
    That's not bitching about moderation? It's certainly seems to be derailing a thread by complaining about moderation.

We'll skip over the childish insults to
    Is it ok for other posters to tell me to go to twitter to discuss it?

Since you didn't do that, it has no bearing on your ban. And for the last part, you're not posting the parts of that post that were more digs about moderation.

So again, how were you wrongly banned.

Advertisement