Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's with all the chavs in Coronation Street?

• 10-01-2011 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

I hadn't watched Corrie in about 8 years or more until the tram crash and I've been watching it since. I can't understand why all the newer characters (i.e. those who arrived in the last few years) are all as common as muck? It seems that prison sentences, kidnappings, stolen identities and a host of other crimes are just common-place now and the characters take breaking the law in their stride as if everyone in every town in England does it.

It's a shame really as Coronation Street itself is a nice little fictional street which at one time represented (to me) lots of nice old working class neighbourhoods in Manchester. Obviously there's bound to be a mix of people but to have ALL (it seems) the newer characters behave with zero class, no ambition and a total lack of dignity just seems sad and unrealistic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Represents modern england IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

There's been more red-haired people in Corrie then another show on TV. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Represents modern england IMO.

Not many coloured's or eastern europeans on the street...or am i talking too soon....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ilovefridays

I noticed, alot of them seem to smoke on the street.

Dot cotton and max branning are the only ones i can think of in eastenders.

Advertisement