Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Should have switched Varik, many times you could have joined us.

Overall good games today. This crazy playlist while refreshing at times can equally be annoying, ie: TDM >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

-Ade- wrote: »
    Should have switched Varik, many times you could have joined us.

Overall good games today. This crazy playlist while refreshing at times can equally be annoying, ie: TDM >_<

It was greyed out for me even when the teams were even nut not full, watched some netflix while i waited then gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

finally unlocked flares and missiles in one sweet helicopter kill with a jet (after about an hour of constant trying). :) felt like running around the house cheering but the missus seemed less than impressed with my achievement :(

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

tried the rifle scope on the 870 early on but found it to be a nuisance as it blocks your view in general play, esp in close quarters. is the m26 just more powerful as i certainly wasnt taking people out when hit like in the video, or was that just a hardcore server. hopefully the latter as games on larger maps will be ruined by it

the USAS really annoyed the hell out of me the weekend. against a team who used nothing else on metro. caused me to eject and go back to one of the games i left for bf3 months ago.

• Advertisement

tried the rifle scope on the 870 early on but found it to be a nuisance as it blocks your view in general play, esp in close quarters. is the m26 just more powerful as i certainly wasnt taking people out when hit like in the video, or was that just a hardcore server. hopefully the latter as games on larger maps will be ruined by it

the USAS really annoyed the hell out of me the weekend. against a team who used nothing else on metro. caused me to eject and go back to one of the games i left for bf3 months ago.

Don't have slug rounds for the m26 yet but frag rounds were good but dropped off too much at range.

The date of the patch will be announced tomorrow

The date of the patch will be announced tomorrow
    Not official but @battlefieldo sources say it'll be released 27th March

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Varik wrote: »
    Don't have slug rounds for the m26 yet but frag rounds were good but dropped off too much at range.

I found that the frag rounds for the m26 were next to useless, probably best to stick with the buckshot until you get slugs.

Here's something funny for the 1000th post in this thread, enjoy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_NUHW61mtY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

This is what I get for trying to use my phone to embed a youtube vid. GOD DAMN.

Patch confirmed. Hitting ps3 only on 27th. Pc/xb delayed.
    So Ade, get those MAV kills while you can. And serialthrilliam get those USAS-12 frag kills whilst you can :P

Was playing on the "epic game" servers, all good CQ maps anyone up for a few games tonight, try for a squad or 2 of boardies.

was looking through the patch changelog and for now crashing a vehicle.

"Players will no longer receive suicides or team kills if they crash their vehicle (dying is punishment enough)."

It should still count as a team kill if someone kills their team.

Also

"The MAV will now be destroyed when running into a soldier or vehicle at high speed. It is still possible to strategically sacrifice your MAV on a soldier; it will be destroyed in the process"

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Will be on tonight if anyone wants to play.

is there any chance i can join this new elite ;) 'COQ' platoon that the guys who play it most nights have set up. id be one of those that play it quite often and play with ye guys quite a bit & would be stuck playing with randomers if not for ye

by the way does anyone else like these new themed playlist, im a big fan of the epic battles one but that's just my opnion. what would yer favorite new playlist be?

I found that the frag rounds for the m26 were next to useless, probably best to stick with the buckshot until you get slugs.

Changed back, using suppressor and buck which from my last game did very well. Also the times that a frag round would kill when using the m26 you're either better off using the AR or safer with the spread of the buck/flechette.

Unlocked the slug today, didn't try it out but have kinda gone off the idea. I may play with it later but i think i'm sticking with the m26 and buck or the L85a2 especially since it's getting improve with the next patch.

I was using the l85a2 for a while and found it very underpowered but stable. I'd put a full mag into a enemy at times. I'm glad there improving it and I might go back to it. Currently using the m16a3 which some commentators reckon is the best overall rifle and won't be touched in the patch

This is worth a listen to, the DRMB podcast where they discuss what is a real battlefielder

http://battlefieldo.com/threads/drmb-podcast-episode-30-what-makes-a-true-battlefielder-w-ipwnstar4hire.4366/

Anyone coming on for a few games after 8?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

I've got this game since launch but I've played it for less than an hour. I'd like to get stuck into it at some point soon, but as I'm a complete newbie to the whole bf series I would have to be in a few easy games so I could get to know what I'm actually supposed to be doing.

Anyone in a clan that would be willing to accept me?

PSN ID Hygromotor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

On now with Comeragh

tok9 wrote: »
    On now with Comeragh
    Some good games there with yourself and Klair. I don't think we lost any. As for your 15,000 pts and 57 kills on Seine..... Well let's just say that match was inSeine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Some good games there with yourself and Klair. I don't think we lost any. As for your 15,000 pts and 57 kills on Seine..... Well let's just say that match was inSeine

It really was, we just made bits of everyone in the tank and kept capturing bases. The bases were changing hands at a ridiculous rate!

I don't think I'll ever have a game like that again... worst thing is it could have been better if I hadn't driven the tank over the edge and into the river :(

The ps3 patch is out now (this afternoon)

The patch is 1080MB

If you didn't redownload B2K after the 13th when it was update then you'll have to now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

PlayStation 3 Battlefield 3 players will have a chance to make Battlefield history. Starting today, we’re going to offer PlayStation 3 players the opportunity to rent their own dedicated server. Your rules, your friends, your Battlefield.
    You’ll be able to rent servers for periods of one day (€1.49), seven days (€6.99), 30 days (€24.99), or 90 days (€59.99).

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/03/27/dedicated-server-rentals-coming-to-playstation-3/

Best try dag home from work for few mins and start the update so as id imagine there will be huge demand later tonight

Any particular reason people are leaving the clan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

You can quit between rounds now instead of having to wait till the next map loads.

Saw this on reddit.
    http://i.imgur.com/VDlFE.jpg

Advertisement