Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DIT Bolton street

• 06-09-2014 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi, I'll be starting my first year doing automotive management and tech in DIT Bolton street. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me what the campus is like? I heard it is full of lads which is a bit of a let down.. is this true? do students from other Dit campus mix or do they usually just stick with the students that are in the same campus as them? like are we able to use facilities in other Dit campus considering we are going to the same institute? if anyone could tell me anything else as well that I didn't mention I would be grateful, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

course you can use facilities in any dit campus ....hopefully you will get some more replies..

Bolton Street is great

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

Yeah Bolton street is mainly engineering based so I'd say 95% of your class will be males. You can use other facilities of course but Bolton street has everything you need

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I was doing Transport Tech back in 2004, which was what you're now doing and it was 20 lads in the class with one army girl. At 20 I was the third oldest too. Weird experience. Good otherwise in every other aspect, the lecturers are super.

Facilities of the college are pretty great to be honest. You'll have little real need to head down to Aungier St and the like unless ya fancy a perve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Garzard

Going into 2nd year of Building Services Engineering, out of a regular class of 20+, all but one are lads. I'd imagine it's roughly the same for most other courses in Bolton. Unfortunately that's the way it is most of the year with the exception of society open days, shows and the like.

You can use other DIT campuses but I personally don't bother with them, Bolton Street is good enough for me.

Can't speak for anywhere else but it's a pretty confusing building and can be exhausting to walk around due to the amount of stairs especially when you're clueless of where your room is. The building might look a bit rough around the edges but I can't honestly find fault with the facilities. Eg. for lunch breaks the place has a few coffee shops, a small news agents downstairs, plenty of seating areas, table tennis, pool tables. You also have Declan's, a Spar & a few other shops across the street. Bodkins is a great place for passing the time and having a few drinks in.

Advertisement