Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's Accenture like to work for?

• 19-06-2015 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭gigglemuch82

I was just offered a position in accenture accounting team.

They pay slightly less than another company that I was offered a job. Their location is both similar in D4 - which would be a nightmare either way.

What's it like to work in accenture?

I know they have a very good reputation and it looks good on the CV but is it worth the slightly less money if the other conditions were similar? They made it sound like there was a great career progression within the organisation. My biggest worry was to be one of the headcounts within the big organisation.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I guess you are too young to remember Arthur then and no I don't mean Guinness. Accenture started live as the rebranding of Andersen Consulting...

As for reputation, well some clients are happy, some are not. From my point of view they are no worse nor no better than of the other software houses that generate a major part of their income from outsourcing. Mind you I though they were one of the ones leading the charge to outsource accounting as well!

Accenture do accounting?

What is the role you have been offered trainee accountant? Graduate consultant? Outsourced AP or something similar?

What is the other role you have been offered?
    What is the size or type of business?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭gigglemuch82

I'm aware of the legacy of Anderson!

In Accenture, I'm going to be on the level of a group accountant with some junior staff under me - obviously outsourced accounting for Micros***.

The other role I was offered is a senior financial acc. role in a US IT MNC with a slightly better salary. They are listed in NYSE as well as Accenture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Bumping on the thread...any reviews of Accenture from pay and benefits and work culture for experienced professionals ?

Advertisement