Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FSA Premier League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

update on the clash between top (busts) and bottom (me)

I am carrying a 10 point lead into tomorrow. We both have Adebayor. I have Sterling and Eriksen. He has Hutton, Sturridge and (gulp) Ramsey.

I'm probably going to take my hatred of Ramsey to a new level after he dumps me on my ass around 5 o clock tomorrow.
    I need 15 pts from ramsey to cap an unlikely win and send swiper to the nut house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I need 15 pts from ramsey to cap an unlikely win and send swiper to the nut house.

My weeks work is done. I'm gonna watch the Dubs and Donegal (if ever there was a match that I would like both teams to lose:pac:)
    The nut house is right, I need Aaron to be good to me today, every point he gets is a blow to my ranking.

My weeks work is done. I'm gonna watch the Dubs and Donegal (if ever there was a match that I would like both teams to lose:pac:)
    The nut house is right, I need Aaron to be good to me today, every point he gets is a blow to my ranking.
    You can have your win Id settle for 6 pts from ramsey. Its been a bad bad week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

daithijjj wrote: »
    Giroud to Weimann as my transfer is currently paying off. If he can pick up the 3 bonus i will still have a chance v Thunderdog. Would basically come down to a Chambers cleanie to decide the tie.

Congrats Thunderdog :pac:

Never saw Chambers come in, was watching the Donegal/Dublin game.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,766 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be the same. 3 points from 9 so far. If I finish 16th I'll be happy though!

I was saying that under the impression that I'd be 0 from 9 but I think Sterling and Sanchez have turned it around to give me an unlikely victory

• Advertisement

Swiper off the mark and presumably off bottom spot also. Happy days.

It's Lemlin for me next, he's already given up hope of competing in this league so that should be a piece of píss;)

CSF wrote: »
    I was saying that under the impression that I'd be 0 from 9 but I think Sterling and Sanchez have turned it around to give me an unlikely victory

That's wins for the bottom two so this week:)

It's Lemlin for me next, he's already given up hope of competing in this league so that should be a piece of píss;)
    Congrats

That's wins for the bottom two so this week:)

Yeah think we stay in the bottom 3 all the same though

Yeah think we stay in the bottom 3 all the same though

ohhhh maaaaan (nod to my username, parents of smallies may get it:p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

ohhhh maaaaan (nod to my username, parents of smallies may get it:p)

Haha I've heard of swiper the fox but for some reason I never realized your username was related to him. He was invading my tv only this morning robbing stuff off poor Dora!

Woop, first three points. Tight one in the end, 4 points beat the mayo maulers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Dónal wrote: »
    Woop, first three points. Tight one in the end, 4 points beat the mayo maulers.

Despite an awful 49(-4) I've scraped a win at last too! That's 4 of the 5 pointless sides getting off the mark today, poor old Leedstheway is rooted to the bottom now...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Losing the lads for the two week international window isn't ideal after two losses.

That said, I'll be working with a few of the younger lads like Wisdom and Dummett over the break. You still trying to groom Andros Townsend into something that resembles a PL player!??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Up to 3rd in the league, behind the two lads with 9 points. I play the lad in first next week, pretty similar teams so I wouldn't think there'll be much in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

A nervy 1 point win over Sooner or Later gives me 3 from 3 and 9 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Jeju

Lemlin wrote: »
    Losing the lads for the two week international window isn't ideal after two losses.

That said, I'll be working with a few of the younger lads like Wisdom and Dummett over the break. You still trying to groom Andros Townsend into something that resembles a PL player!??

Making sure he is not groomed to resemble Paul McShane of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

A comfy second win for me (shame the ranking doesn't implement pts diff instead of overall pts :pac:). Chambers the hero.

Next comes the best scorer of this round. We both are on WC. So let's hope you make great choices and mines are just 1 pt better :D.

Are you out there Lemlin?? Haven't seen you on any threads this week.
    Anyway best of luck, looks like I'll be starting from zero (no hits), my only transfer was a minor defensive one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Up against csf this week.

Soon find out if my wildcard was inspired or disastrous.

• Advertisement

Are you out there Lemlin?? Haven't seen you on any threads this week.
    Anyway best of luck, looks like I'll be starting from zero (no hits), my only transfer was a minor defensive one.
    he is on a little holiday from here will be back soon.

I'm on an 8 point hit so it won't have to be anything amazing.

Thunderdogs shiny new wildcard team vs my 8 point hit. Over before it begins... :(

Naismith is an interesting captain choice!!!

Naismith is an interesting captain choice!!!

Would have been Costa but for the doubts about his fitness. Thought Naismith looked sharp in the game against Germany.

Would have been Costa but for the doubts about his fitness. Thought Naismith looked sharp in the game against Germany.

And Costa promptly scores :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

iroced wrote: »
    A comfy second win for me (shame the ranking doesn't implement pts diff instead of overall pts :pac:). Chambers the hero.

Next comes the best scorer of this round. We both are on WC. So let's hope you make great choices and mines are just 1 pt better :D.

Looks like i will pip you this week possibly (never say never), i make it 5 behind with all your lads played. I think im 47 with Di Maria and Rooney (c) left. I'd be resigned to saying its not my year if that doesnt net me at least 5 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

FHFC wrote: »
    Thunderdogs shiny new wildcard team vs my 8 point hit. Over before it begins... :(

Rooney could edge it for you today

thunderdog wrote: »
    Rooney could edge it for you today

Really didn't think he would but delighted with an unexpected win. Its encouraging for the lads to pick up three points when we know we haven't played well. But I'll be looking for a big improvement on the back of some new faces next week.

Hard luck Thunderdog, very unlucky....

• Advertisement

I'm going bottom. This season has been a disaster thus far.

Advertisement