Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

Hi all,

I prepared the attached document to assist people in tackling the FAE's subject by subject.

The biggest thing is that to attend lectures now and concentrate on your weaker subjects. For me it was FR and management acc so I started doing the standards and some topics on Mgt acc from my masters book around December last year so that I knew certain things.

Anyway hope the two documents will help!

The general FAE points document, I had prepared over the study leave which includes key things I saw in cases or things I kept missing.

I'm on holidays at the moment and will attach the notes I used for FAE's when I'm back in January.

Ask me questions and I'll try my best to answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭TooLate

Muzi5434 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I prepared the attached document to assist people in tackling the FAE's subject by subject.

The biggest thing is that to attend lectures now and concentrate on your weaker subjects. For me it was FR and management acc so I started doing the standards and some topics on Mgt acc from my masters book around December last year so that I knew certain things.

Anyway hope the two documents will help!

The general FAE points document, I had prepared over the study leave which includes key things I saw in cases or things I kept missing.

I'm on holidays at the moment and will attach the notes I used for FAE's when I'm back in January.

Ask me questions and I'll try my best to answer :)

Fare Play Muzi, should be a big help in planning the study!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 11c011

Quick question about the time tables and block release. Is your block release included on the timetable, or is it mentioned somewhere else?

I am in Dublin 6 and block release appears to be in late February, but I know some people have theirs this week, just want to make sure I am not missing anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 elizmac28

Hey Guys

I am repeating Core - and unable to access any timetables online - would it be possible for someone to upload them on here - greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭TooLate

elizmac28 wrote: »
    Hey Guys

I am repeating Core - and unable to access any timetables online - would it be possible for someone to upload them on here - greatly appreciated

Hey, Heres the Limerick timetable hope it helps :)

Limerick Timetable.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

TooLate wrote: »
    Hey, Heres the Limerick timetable hope it helps :)

Limerick Timetable.pdf

Here is a dublin timetable

Thanks great help TOOLATE and LITTLEPEA!!!!

Cant believe I have to start this all over again, best advice I can give is do well in the AAFRP exam in April and have your files in top order long before study leave,

Thanks Again

Thanks great help TOOLATE and LITTLEPEA!!!!

Cant believe I have to start this all over again, best advice I can give is do well in the AAFRP exam in April and have your files in top order long before study leave,

Thanks Again

HOw much study leave did you have last year , if you dont mind me asking ?

over 6 weeks, but it flys, I knew people who had 12 weeks

depends on how well you use it, you need to have all technical studying done and starting casestudys early

Then doing all casestudys at the end with just looking over technical stuff that you unsure of

over 6 weeks, but it flys, I knew people who had 12 weeks

depends on how well you use it, you need to have all technical studying done and starting casestudys early

Then doing all casestudys at the end with just looking over technical stuff that you unsure of

Cheers thanks for your reply,

I am lucky enough to get the 12weeks study and 1 week for the exams.

Hoping to catch up on lecturers that I have missed over the next two weeks as its quite enough in work at the moment.

Apart from that I plan just to focus on the CA in April.

Anyone else doing it differently or any other suggestions ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 bored2014

Starting to get organised now ready for AAFRP, just wondered what approach people are taking to study for this?
    Also, does anyone know what we can take into the exam in April?

Hi all,

Attached is my core and audit elective cases template that I used while doing the cases (I adapted the traffic light system).

I started doing the easy cases in June like, You Look Fantastic, surfshop, talon talents, white leisure etc. I also did some basic audit elective cases as well.

I know many people did like 4-6 weeks of studying from books and then 4-6 weeks doing cases but my aim was to have the cases done by 10th August and then revise over my weak materials and cases.

I started doing some of the cases that were not given from the institute for 2012/2013 class and they took too much time so I stopped after a while.

I would recommend to delete my indicators in the template as they give away too much and start your own from scratch.

Anyway hope the template helps :)

Any questions, let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Debs23

Does anyone know if the belfast fae timetable has been uploaded yet? I cant seem to get it.

Guys,

As promised, please see the link to my notes.

The word documents are what I used from various different sources and the pdf's are what I wrote up as I did the cases. There were other things as well such as ratios, answers to ethics book etc. but they're easy enough to find so I didn't upload them

I don't have notes on FR or Mgt acc because I did the CGS for both of them.

Any questions, let me know :)

https://app.box.com/s/sucvri8pnra1u8nv4ayu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Does anyone have all the Dublin timetables?

Or if you were looking for the dates a particular lecture was on where could I get the full list for that particular lecture?

Two more timetables

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Does anyone have any time table other than Dublin 6 and 2 I cant get to Liffey case day and just wanted to see any other days when it was on :/ these arent recorded

Here's a few timetables:

And one more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Thanks so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 JoanH

Hi all.....does anybody happen to have the AAFRP papers and solutions for 2012 and 2013. I appreciate if somebody could post up the papers. Thanks a million

Anyone group 2 Advanced Audit and Assurance in Dublin? Looking for the timetable

Also for any prior year FAE people out there, does anyone know if the AAFRP grinds days are any good?

Got an email there for a 2 day event the end of March held by ACA Revisions, pricey enough but looks good.

Wondering had anyone done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Also for any prior year FAE people out there, does anyone know if the AAFRP grinds days are any good?

Got an email there for a 2 day event the end of March held by ACA Revisions, pricey enough but looks good.

Wondering had anyone done it.

I am not sure about the ACA Revision days but last year I did the CAP2 Chartered Grind School courses and they were great.

I have signed up for the AAFRP with them this year. €140 for the two days but I would rather spend it and be prepared as I can walking into the exam.

conor1979 wrote: »
    I am not sure about the ACA Revision days but last year I did the CAP2 Chartered Grind School courses and they were great.

I have signed up for the AAFRP with them this year. €140 for the two days but I would rather spend it and be prepared as I can walking into the exam.

Hi, yeah that's the thing I received the email about, was wondering had anyone done it before, did they find it good/bad/indifferent

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Debs23

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Hi, yeah that's the thing I received the email about, was wondering had anyone done it before, did they find it good/bad/indifferent

Is there any chance you could upload the email? I am interested in doing the course but have no details about it....

http://www.acarevisions.ie/

Here's their website, basically a longer version of what the email said.

And here's the other one

http://www.charteredgrindschool.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 tumbledown

Hope veryone is well and enjoyed the Christmas break.

I'm trying to get started on preparing for the AAFRP exam but feel a bit lost. Could anyone shed some light on how they are approaching this? I made the awful mistake of looking at the sample paper the other night and it scared the lfe out of me, admittedly I'm not the worlds most natural accountant but I was completely up brown water creek

I was sort of planning on this:

Go over all CAP 2 FR standards and notes
    Get familiar with the tookit
    ??
    Profit

Any advice gratefully received

Advertisement