Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

We put a man on the moon?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Squod, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/5737854/Russian-spacecraft-landed-on-moon-hours-before-Americans.html

This recording that was released is from an independent observatory tracking the apollo 11 mission and also the luna 15 probe.

Now, how do you suppose they could track it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

shizz wrote: »
    Squod, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/5737854/Russian-spacecraft-landed-on-moon-hours-before-Americans.html

This recording that was released is from an independent observatory tracking the apollo 11 mission and also the luna 15 probe.

Now, how do you suppose they could track it?

Jodrell bank could not track Apollo 11 on the way to or from the moon because they didn't have the pointing data to steer the telescope. You can goolgle the technical stuff or whatever.

The fact is that NASA didn't seek third party verification.

Covered this stuff in previous threads on boards. I don't expect you'll change your mind. I won't take up any more of your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

squod wrote: »
    Jodrell bank could not track Apollo 11 on the way to or from the moon because they didn't have the pointing data to steer the telescope. You can goolgle the technical stuff or whatever.

The fact is that NASA didn't seek third party verification.

Covered this stuff in previous threads on boards. I don't expect you'll change your mind. I won't take up any more of your time.

Ignoring that they couldn't track to or from the moon, as I can't verify either way right now, how do you explain them receiving the transmission and data FROM the moon.

http://www.svengrahn.pp.se/trackind/Apollo17/APOLLO17.htm

So amateurs can track Apollo 17 to the moon but of course a super power like Russia can't.

Change my mind? Why would I change my mind? All the evidence points in the favour of a lunar landing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

So for all the people who don't believe the moon landings happened
    What? My IQ dropped just by engaging the possibility. Are there seriously people stupid enough to believe that. I mean do international space agencies spend hundreds of billions annually for the laugh? How's that cellphone working, alright? Made any international calls lately? Welcome to Space! And goodness gracious, its not that far from low earth orbit to the moon.

Argh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    What? My IQ dropped just by engaging the possibility. Are there seriously people stupid enough to believe that. I mean do international space agencies spend hundreds of billions annually for the laugh? How's that cellphone working, alright? Made any international calls lately? Welcome to Space! And goodness gracious, its not that far from low earth orbit to the moon.

Argh.

Well, it is. the guts of 1/4 of a million miles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BackScrub

I hope we never get to Mars, one planet is enough to balls up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Funny. People are always willing to say 'we put a man on the moon' but never willing to say 'we killed 60 million jews'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Funny. People are always willing to say 'we put a man on the moon' but never willing to say 'we killed 60 million jews'

Jesus i heard the holocaust was bad but I'd no idea it was this bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Just like marky didn't get to put a Wahlburger in ireland, we have always been as grounded as the beef therein

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

ToddyDoody wrote: »

Oh come on Toddy, leave that for the Conspiracy section, we're talking about indisputable facts that shouldnt be questioned here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement