Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Search Logo Design

• 27-03-2012 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭

Its a crazy idea I know but do you ever think that there may be subliminal messages in the different google logo designs?

They are creating one of the most instantly recognisable images in civilisation.

The oblique page designs make us search for this pervasive symbol in ambiguity, only serving to reinforce its ubiquity.

I would like to use today's page as an example. Is their a database of previous gogle page icons?

It is probably just a silly idea though.

Google is great- google is great - google is great - google is great - google is great

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

like the google doodles? I liked the muppets one

er, maybe you should click one of the doodles, they look like they do for a reason, its usually promoting something or because its some dead persons anniversary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Google do some great designs, love the interactive ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Would Google ever do some ultimate product placement like having the google doodle in the theme of the Coca Cola brand or Mc Donalds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

I'm never on the google homepage any more because my address bar is google search by default.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Its a crazy idea I know but do you ever think that there may be subliminal messages in the different google logo designs?

They are creating one of the most instantly recognisable images in civilisation.

The oblique page designs make us search for this pervasive symbol in ambiguity, only serving to reinforce its ubiquity.

I would like to use today's page as an example. Is their a database of previous gogle page icons?

It is probably just a silly idea though.

Google is great- google is great - google is great - google is great - google is great
    I dunno, I got pissed off with Google coz it wouldn't let me get rid of the 'install Google Chrome' pop-up so I changed to Bing. Get a lovely new picture every day. Google can go shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,042 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Advertisement