Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the naughtiest thing your pet has ever done?

• 13-09-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

This morning I woke up to this

vGEwj.jpg.

My brand new earphones for my iphone.. completely destroyed with doggy teeth marks all over. Worst thing is I have 2 dogs and I don't know which one did the damage or whether they double teamed.

What's the naughtiest thing your pet ever done. Include pics if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Puppy is only 5 months old has already destroyed 3 phone chargers, tv cable, lots of pairs of socks and toilet rolls. Forget paper training or puppy pads he rips them all to shreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

Our Lab has eaten way more than I can count at this stage, countless boxes of tissues, always goes for the dear Kleenex ones too, lidl don't taste as nice apparently! Socks, my pair of Vans from New York :eek:, mp3 charger, OH's runners, the list goes on, but the naughtiest thing ever was eating the house alarm wire at 11pm the night before we were going on holidays, knew she was too quiet in the hallway! Cue two of us frantically trying to figure out how to inhibit zones on our alarm, with no manual and panicked heads on us! I think she knew she was going into kennels the next day, despite it being her very first time in them :D

Our newest addition since Saturday is already catching up to her, tore chunks out of the kitchen door frame this morning because he wanted to get up at 6am and we didn't.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Ours are generally great about chewing things but Sindy is tall enough to counter surf effectively, and last Sunday I lost a nice frshly baked scone, jam, cream the lot, just before my sister was due over for Sunday lunch. She didn't even share it with the the little guy who kept looking at me as if to say "no fair"

Perhaps I shouldn't give them samples of my baking, they obviously like it too much :D

Oh and Fargo loves the my worn panties and regularly chews his way through the crotch completly or nearly completely. The amount of mornings I've gone to work, and about 10am headed to the loo only to see how badly the panties have been chewed through. I'm obviously still asleep at 7.30 sm when I'm putting them on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

290655_10150286093887375_558732374_7681276_1503115_o.jpg

Forgot to mention what happened to my 1 year old niece's Mickey Mouse.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

I shoudn't laugh sorry :rolleyes:

BUT PMSL :D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Had the big fella steal half my burger out of my hand today while I was talking to someone. Bastard snuck around from behind my chair, grabbed it and ran. :rolleyes: They haven't chewed much except for one of the trees; they've nearly killed it between them by stripping off all the bark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Years ago i brought my dog on a fairly run of the mill walk to the local shop.Wrapped her lead around a fairly sturdy bin outside, which she was well used to. Went inside...well...

"Claaaang,clattttter, baaaaang,whaaaaaaack......etc etc" Me inside wondering what the hell is the commotion outside. Penny drops!

"Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck
    !!!"

I run outside, to find Bonny...and the extendable lead (very extended) tearing around the carpark, dragging the very heavy metal bin along with her!She luckily missed every single parked car in her escapade!:eek:

When i say "years ago"...i was probably about 17/18...so hope im forgiven :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

My dog ate our neighbours Budgie. Neighbour came over roaring about how the dog has eaten their Budgie and I was saying no way that's possible and next thing the dog comes flying around the corner and into the kitchen with a yellow feather sticking out of her mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Dog killed one of my baby chickens :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

She ate her own food bowl, opened a press in the utility room and chewed through the boiler pipe twice in a week, lucky she wasn't killed. Chewed through the wires connecting the lights of my inlaws trailer to their jeep in a few minutes. She also ate my boyfriend's birthday fry up off his plate when he left the room to grab something in the sitting room. She ate my retainers (dentist not impressed), ate the copper wire in the pipe behind bathroom sink, ate a fresh baked loaf of bread......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Twice I've had the fridge and freezer completely emptied and everything ( including frozen foods ) eaten.

I've a Jewish friend with 2 rescue labs and they stole the special lunch laid on for his nephews Bar Mitzvah - serious trouble over that I can tell ya !

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

My late grandmother was lying snoozing on her recliner when my terrier cross Meg - who is a very 'solid' dog, not fat or anything, just a bit stocky - decided to leap right onto my grandmother, gave her a big slobby lick on the face, then jumped off, went into her crate & fell asleep.

My grandmother was a hundred years old at the time and I wanted her to have a nap and just rest so I could do things around the house so that was the naughtiest thing Meg could have done. Because it set my grandmother off shaking her fist, swearing and cursing. She told me my dog was from Hell and that I was to dig a hole and put her in it and never let her out. Then she told me that I was a b*tch just like my dog.

I was very cross with Meg but as I'd been awake all night with my grandmother shouting and calling and not sleeping (despite being on sedatives), I have to admit I really wanted to retort "People who sleep at night don't get dogs jumping on them!" because that would have been super logical! When she calmed down, I said to my grandmother that Meg didn't mean it, that she loved her to which my grandmother replied, "Oh I know that & I love her too. But her love can be a scary thing!" Heh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Rode my shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Picture002.jpg
    all the bloody recycling...

When we were staying in a cottage last year they managed to get into the bin, get some fish guts, and rub them into one of the sun loungers. Not one place in the village sold sun loungers, so I had to leave money and an apologetic note. It was my OH's relatives' place too, I still feel sheepish about it, but at least they have a dog so they understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Harley broke into the kitchen bin once, it just so happened that I had cleaned out my spice cupboard earlier that day. The bin was full of chilli, cumin etc. You could see the trail of destruction, knocked bin,
    small trail of powerdy chilli along the floor to bed,
    chilli powder spread over the bed & adjacent wall where it burst when he bit down on the cardboard tube,
    big pool of chilli coloured slobber in the bed
    drops of chilli drool to the (now chilli coloured) water bowl,
    a few more drops of slobber towards the sitting room door
    pool of chilli vomit
    Sheepish looking dog

He never went near the bin ever again :rolleyes:

He's a perfect height to counter surf too, my husband made a bacon sandwich, cut it in half, and left it on the counter while he ran upstairs, he came down to half a sandwich and assumed I had eaten the other half. He sat down, enjoyed his half.... until it dawned on him that I don't eat bacon.

Our latest one, poor little phoe has managed to put himself in a bandage and e-collar after climbing up on Harleys crate, about 4 times his height, to get the food I had left on top. I came downstairs to find blood all over the floor and a very very full looking Phoe wagging his little bum. He had caught his paw in the crate and ripped a nail out. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Oh hell where do start:rolleyes: 9 beds killed, skirting destroyed, door frame gone, 3 pairs of trainers(including one of the boys friends) all flower beds/pots emptied despite us supposedly puppy proofing them after the first one went, dining room chair gone, peeing on new futon, peeing on friends foot, washing all over the house, socks and knickers must taste nice.

As theres 2 of them never know which one it is and all this is thanks for the toys that they have all over the house, not to mention chews everywhere, 2 walks a day, ball games in the garden, daily training, play classes twice a week and all the attention they demand.

Its a good job we love them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Learned early on to be very tidy; after losing a knitting needle,.

Even so, collie managed last night to make confetti of a padded envelope I had no idea she could reach.. She once got at a whole pack of toilet rolls,, thought it had snowed.. gives "recycled" a new meaning,

But it is good to see her playful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

i've also got 2, but considering nothing was ever chewed when it was just one, i figure it's safe to assume that the trail of destruction that has been wrought through the house since Christmas last year is down to Destructo-Pup.

5 petbed liners.
    2 Kitchen chairs (not too bothered about them, they were left in the house by previous owners)
    2 Dining room Chairs (I WAS bothered about them!! :))
    Countless Socks (but only ever 1 of a pair, not both....:rolleyes:)
    Salt cellar.... Dont ask me why....
    Place mats and coasters.
    2 remote controls
    All the cushions on the 2 seater sofa in the office

Oh yeah, the tax disc for the car!! :)
    To be honest, all of the above resulted in 5 seconds of AH SHIT followed by ABBEY!!!! Cue her self running to the corner with the tail a wagging and a 'play with me' look on her face.... even though there is loads of playtime and walk time!!

Most annoying though has been the past week since she came back from Kennels, there have been one or 2 'accidents' in the kitchen overnight.... which didn't happen before i went away.
    That is vexing me, cos we've had to go back to basics again with the toilet training.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭evilmonkee

In my parents house there was an agreement with our neighbour across the road (country side) that her dog and my dog (when I was about 14) were very good friends and were allowed wander over to each other, into the others house etc.

So one day I looked out into the garden to see my beautiful retreiver trotting down the garden, tail waving proudly in the air carrying an entire sunday lunch chicken in his mouth....

Turns out he was in my neighbours when she left it on the counter, he popped his front paws up on the counter, grabbed it and ran (very happily) away....

:o

(PS. that didnt break the agreement - she's a wonderful woman)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Our family dog years ago used to pull the bin onto the floor and empty it all over the kitchen, very unpleasant to come home to. Once my dad just took a big boiled bacon out of the saucepan and put it on a plate on the table, went to answer the door, came back, no bacon, happy dog. She also ate a pair of his trousers including the money that was in the pocket (he wasn't wearing them at the time I should add!).

Current dogs, older one had separation anxiety when I first got him from the rescue, he chewed skirting boards, dado rails, door frames, doors, tried to pull up the carpet, boxes of tissues, books, magazines and a photo album I just managed to save most of, thankfully he grew out of it! Newest addition doesn't seem to be a chewer thank goodness, the only thing she does if we're out is sometimes take a pair of trainers or slippers out of the shoe box by the door and sort of suck them and nibble them, but no real harm done and they're still wearable. Could be worse!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Ailishcrehan

Oh my dog is so naughty, she is a GSD x. She has to date eaten

beds
    cushions
    teddy bears
    She takes things off the clothes line and shreds them, never towels or sheets, just my dresses
    She has eaten magazines, newspapers, the entire contents of the bin
    She pulled not only the curtains down off the wall, but the whole curtain poll
    She ate a single bed, mattress, springs, legs and all
    She ate a sofa, cushions, wood and all
    A paddling pool
    and lots of little things around the house.

We love her dearly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Random destruction aside, the naughtiest thing the dog's done is swipe 3/4 of a block of cracker barrel extra sharp cheddar from the coffee table, leaving nowt but an empty packet on the floor. Didn't appear to do him any damage either.

Cleo the cat is the naughtiest animal I have. She's a silver spotted tabby whose mother was a pure bred siamese - breeder had an oops litter and dumped them in the pound.

Cleo has stolen my sausages out of the shopping bag, she throws my hair bobbins into the toilet, she's thieved the dog's defrosting raw food dinner (750g) out of the sink and dragged it across the floor to the cats' room, chewed a hole in the bag and spread defrosted blood all over the carpet. I was trying to trap feral kittens a few months ago, and there was a bag of kitten kibble in the laundry cupboard. Cleo got in, took the kibble bag (2kgs) out of the plastic bag it was in, then chewed a strip out of the tin wrapper of the kibble bag, and basically it was a free for all on kitten kibble in the hot press for weeks before I realised what she'd done. I was wondering why Frankie was turning into such a fatso. He was chowing down on kitten kibble on top of two meals a day!

Cleo will reach up to rub her face off the dog's muzzle, then sit back to consider him, and if he blinks she'll slap him in the face.

She has a miaow like a phaser (ptooe! ptooe!), she won't get off my kitchen counters, and she plays 'wall of death' around the inside of my bathtub at all hours of the morning if she gets the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

It was just before Christmas & we had a mad little foster puppy with us. needed to go out to the shop for 20 mins - thought all would be grand!
    Wish I had had a camera to take the photographic evidence.

She chewed 4 plant pots , there was mushed in soil all over my daughters bed & a long trail of much all the way around the house.. - she ate half her bed & chewed part of our leather couch :eek: - destroyed 3 recipe books & chewed through the heels of quite an expensive new pair of shoes! Learnt my lesson :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Helen1976

Just this morning, my 5 month old Retriever ate the saddle of my daughter's
    bike :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Random destruction aside, the naughtiest thing the dog's done is swipe 3/4 of a block of cracker barrel extra sharp cheddar from the coffee table, leaving nowt but an empty packet on the floor. Didn't appear to do him any damage either.

Cleo the cat is the naughtiest animal I have. She's a silver spotted tabby whose mother was a pure bred siamese - breeder had an oops litter and dumped them in the pound.

Cleo has stolen my sausages out of the shopping bag, she throws my hair bobbins into the toilet, she's thieved the dog's defrosting raw food dinner (750g) out of the sink and dragged it across the floor to the cats' room, chewed a hole in the bag and spread defrosted blood all over the carpet. I was trying to trap feral kittens a few months ago, and there was a bag of kitten kibble in the laundry cupboard. Cleo got in, took the kibble bag (2kgs) out of the plastic bag it was in, then chewed a strip out of the tin wrapper of the kibble bag, and basically it was a free for all on kitten kibble in the hot press for weeks before I realised what she'd done. I was wondering why Frankie was turning into such a fatso. He was chowing down on kitten kibble on top of two meals a day!

Cleo will reach up to rub her face off the dog's muzzle, then sit back to consider him, and if he blinks she'll slap him in the face.

She has a miaow like a phaser (ptooe! ptooe!), she won't get off my kitchen counters, and she plays 'wall of death' around the inside of my bathtub at all hours of the morning if she gets the chance.

Cleo sounds like a real character!! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

My books, my precious, precious text-books, eaten by a family dog.
    To be fair, he looked so remorseful that I did not stay angry. However, I never left them in the porch again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Cushion? What cushion?

6ca4a.jpg

On the plus side this photo won Coco the prize of a Dyson hoover!! Local pet shop ran a comp looking for pets making a mess!!

She also ate an expensive duvet that was drying on the line, of course it was the expensive embroidered side not the plain fabric side.
    Many many slippers, a decent leather handbag, a few leads, a fabric muzzle, beds, toys, balls, tupperware...

She's really good at not robbing food though. She usually waits for a command. Although one day she drank a cup of tea that had been left on the coffee table, drank the whole cup, without spilling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I decided to go back to college last year and had to negotiate both me and my dog bobby moving back to my parents house in the suburbs.
    They were fine with me but weren't to keen on Bob moving back home. Eventually I convinced them it would be fine, and that he was older now and had quietened down a lot (he had previously lived at home for the first two years of his life and he was a handful!).
    So we moved home, and on the first day I got a tour of the back garden that my mother had spent years building raised beds and greenhouses in and planting loads of fruit and vegetables.
    Two weeks later Bob decided he liked the taste of raspberries, so not only did he eat every berry off the canes, but then ate the canes as well, so they couldn't even regrow!
    I was mortified, and we both very nearly got our marching orders!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Clogsworth

I moved my horse to a field about 4 miles from my house where she is normally kept. She was in it 4 days when she obviously decided she missed home so she broke out at some point during the early hours of the morning and arrived back home. My dad was heading out for work at 6am and saw her. She was after coming through the lawns (left loads of hoofprints) and saw no one was around to let her into her usual field so was outside the front gate grazing until she was spotted. She wouldn't even be familiar with the roads she had come home on, having only been on them twice before so she must have a fecking good internal GPS in her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Long Road 8378

Our Labrador mix is a character and as a puppy was a handful!

He used to take all the washing off the line and drag it around the garden, cue the washing machine doing the same load 2 or 3 times over. Nearly killed him for that!! :D Thankfully he has grown out of that!!

He pulled the television out of the wall. And destoyed around 30 DVDs sitting beside it.

He figured out how to open the fridge and used to help himself to meals all of the time, was like an all you can eat buffet round here. Most annoying time was when he took a full strawberry cheesecake, DIDN'T like it so just ate the strawberries from off of the top. He then learned how to open the cabinets and helped himself to anything that was in them. This resulted in us going to a baby care store getting the necessary equipment to fully toddler proof our kitchen. :rolleyes:

He eats countless amounts of socks and knickers when he gets the chance and destroys toilet rolls. He was also partial to eating skirting boards as a pup!

He loves a good root in the bin and seems to enjoy spreading the contents out on the floor for a more detailed look!

He quickly figured out how to open doors and was constantly letting himself into bedrooms for a good nose around, thieving :) or a snooze on the beds. Or he would let himself out of the front door and take himself for a nice walk. We would be sitting in the living room and his highness would pass by the front gate. This resulted us in having to lock every door in the house behind us and it felt like we were living in Mountjoy! The lil yoke! He's over that now thankfully!:D

Advertisement