Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky Jobs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Jebus, Am I the only one who's going into the Phone & Broadband Team??? Feckin Loner i am!!

I'll be a technical advisor, so will probably be getting referred from you or vice versa :P

Also, my start date isn't until the 7th of January (seems miles off, but I know it'll creep up) so won't be hearing about my meet and greet for a while. Just happens to be an awkward date for finding a place for me and the other half to live with the holidays just before, will probably end up finding a place before Christmas but leaving it somewhat empty until I'm starting. Anyone else having the same problems if they're starting on the 7th?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    Jebus, Am I the only one who's going into the Phone & Broadband Team??? Feckin Loner i am!!

I'll be a technical advisor, so will probably be getting referred from you or vice versa :P

For the phone & broadband? My understanding is that it's gonna be a separate team/ teams for that, from the tv teams.

For the phone & broadband? My understanding is that it's gonna be a separate team/ teams for that, from the tv teams.

Well, the aptitude test I sat for the role was solely regarding Internet technology, so I'd imagine I'd be supporting phone and broadband for sure. Whether I'll be supporting tv customer too, I don't know yet

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

there is a portacabin out the back for the broadband staff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Ciaran219 wrote: »
    starting date is the 22nd of this month. So getting close

I got same starting date, my open night is the thursday. That was the first call I got from them not concerning break times since I got offered the job must've got 3 about break times. Excited to start now. It all looks very good

• Advertisement

Well, the aptitude test I sat for the role was solely regarding Internet technology, so I'd imagine I'd be supporting phone and broadband for sure. Whether I'll be supporting tv customer too, I don't know yet

Ah yes. But when they made the job offer, did they say it was for phone & broadband? Or for the tv? Just curious.

jmolloy wrote: »
    I got same starting date, my open night is the thursday. That was the first call I got from them not concerning break times since I got offered the job must've got 3 about break times. Excited to start now. It all looks very good

What shift will you be working? And what are the break times like?

Ah yes. But when they made the job offer, did they say it was for phone & broadband? Or for the tv? Just curious.

They didn't specify. I suppose I'll know more clearly once I get my contract and written offer. Either way, I'd like either task really. I do have a keen interest in computers but I'm sure I'd be fine for helping with TV problems :)

They didn't specify. I suppose I'll know more clearly once I get my contract and written offer. Either way, I'd like either task really. I do have a keen interest in computers but I'm sure I'd be fine for helping with TV problems :)

Cool. Was jut wondering. I did the aptitude test as well, and they specifically asked me to do the phone & broadband technical advisor role.

Cool. Was jut wondering. I did the aptitude test as well, and they specifically asked me to do the phone & broadband technical advisor role.

Is that your role then? I take it you'll be starting on the 22nd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ciaran219

jmolloy wrote: »

When did u get your call? Did you get your contract yet?

Is that your role then? I take it you'll be starting on the 22nd?

Yeah, that'll be my role.

But my start date is the 5th of November.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hey budddddddy :p

Hey budddddddy :p

Stoney? That you man??? :D

Yeah, that'll be my role.

But my start date is the 5th of November.

Wish I was the 5th of November, 7th of January seems so long in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ngale5

Hi all
    Can someone please tell me what the assessment is like for a sales adviser? Got it tomorrow

ngale5 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Can someone please tell me what the assessment is like for a sales adviser? Got it tomorrow

I think it's already been mentioned, but you'll be spoken to individually by 4 people. They'll be assessing you in a different manner, after asking you on your work and education history at the beginning. There's no magic trick or preparation needed, just be communicative and google the STAR interview method and you should be fine :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Stoney? That you man??? :D

Chuck you will be a very very busy man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

What are the hours going to be like with the sales advisor job?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

i got the message about the canteen as well and the 45minute breaks during training
    after the open night things will no doubt seem clearer

• Advertisement

Chuck you will be a very very busy man!

Who says I'm a man???

Wish I was the 5th of November, 7th of January seems so long in comparison.

I'd imagine so, cos the 5th if November still seems feckin ages away!

Have you guys got a email address for sky? I emailed them yesterday morning but didn't get the auto reply like before. The address I emailed was dublinrecruitment@bskyb.com and Sky.Recruitment@bskyb.com.

It's okay never mind just got the call :-) got my meet and greet next Thursday!! Happy days :)

It's okay never mind just got the call :-) got my meet and greet next Thursday!! Happy days :)

Good stuff.
    When's your start date?

Good stuff.
    When's your start date?

22nd mate. meet and greet on the 18th. supposedly their is a xbox and wii and tvs with a pool table etc to entertain you on your lunch. but who knows. hopefully their is, little extra bonus haha

22nd mate. meet and greet on the 18th. supposedly their is a xbox and wii and tvs with a pool table etc to entertain you on your lunch. but who knows. hopefully their is, little extra bonus haha

Yeah, the initial press release last February said they'd have Xbox's and Wii's alright.

Yeah, the initial press release last February said they'd have Xbox's and Wii's alright.

ah sure ill get some practice games in for when you arrive :) haha

ah sure ill get some practice games in for when you arrive :) haha

I'm pretty much Xbox and Wii'd out after 3 months off at this stage.

• Advertisement

I'm pretty much Xbox and Wii'd out after 3 months off at this stage.

i know the feeling, over a year off haha. i even invested in a gaming laptop to entertain me :)

Advertisement