Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle - Season 5 [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Official Season 5 poster: tumblr_m9xflevtUi1qaqnj5o2_500.jpg

Holy photoshop Batman!
    I'll never understand the idea behind this,it looks horrible. Thank Christ then for EW because here's their season 5 promotional pics:
    tumblr_m9xflevtUi1qaqnj5o1_500.png
    tumblr_m9xe4vyU0B1qic0y1o1_500.png
    tumblr_m9x5n2Sll61rr18e9o3_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

DeWitt wrote: »
    tumblr_m9xe4vyU0B1qic0y1o1_500.png
    and thats becketts wardrobe for the season ;):D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

First eppy is out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

so beckett finally found out who killed her mother, it was funny him trying to act all holier than thou saying hes done so much good, making out like becketts mother was just a tiny insignificant dot on his resume,

the usual opening to a castle season really, give you a nice bit of info on who killed becketts mother (granted this time we found out who actually killed her) and then procedure for 12 episodes and then well get a bit more info,

itll be interesting to see if he gets a presidential nomination and see what beckett does then, but the next presidential nominations arent for something like 2 or 3 years, so this could drag on till season 7:(,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

Liked all the Castle and Beckett stuff, fun banter and some sweet moments. But, her mother’s case needs to end. It was great and provided some good episodes but now it’s so complicated I’ve given up trying to make sense of it. And the characters are being dumbed down to facilitate it, Kate’s speech to that politician was pretty cringy and would she allow him off, why would she trust him after everything. I guess she was bluffing with the file, although I’m sure that jig saw could be solved. That’s what I mean, too many holes and inconsistencies now.

Hopefully this is Kate accepting it and drawing a line under it, she has been totally obsessed by it for too long. It will be nice to see her more care free and lighter, like the final scene in the elevator;).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

Liked all the Castle and Beckett stuff, fun banter and some sweet moments. But, her mother’s case needs to end. It was great and provided some good episodes but now it’s so complicated I’ve given up trying to make sense of it. And the characters are being dumbed down to facilitate it, Kate’s speech to that politician was pretty cringy and would she allow him off, why would she trust him after everything. I guess she was bluffing with the file, although I’m sure that jig saw could be solved. That’s what I mean, too many holes and inconsistencies now.

Hopefully this is Kate accepting it and drawing a line under it, she has been totally obsessed by it for too long. It will be nice to see her more care free and lighter, like the final scene in the elevator;).
    Yes she was bluffing, the file blew up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I'm not sure the Kate/Castle relationship is going to work in terms of their dynamic together. After the latest episode it just feels like it's going to get in the way of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

So far the first 2 episodes have been fantastic. Very glad this is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Anybody know if/when RTE (or Alibi) will start showing the new series?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I really enjoyed the last episodes, some great references to Firefly "I enjoy proper Sci-Fi like Star Trek or that Joss Wheton show".

• Advertisement

I've got to say, it's episodes like this that remind me why this is one of the best shows on TV. Mainstream enough to pull in huge ratings, but enough "in" jokes to keep the more hardcore fans happy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Not a bad recap here of all the Sci-Fi easter eggs (major spoilers btw)

I'll be honest, I thought last weeks "Probable Cause" was awful. Terribly predictable, clunky dialogue and sometimes just plain OTT ridiculous drama. But then we get an episode like "The Final Frontier" and I fall right back in love with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

OMG just started watching the ep, about 5 mins in an already there have been 3 Firefly refs! LOVE THIS! :D

LOL... "Capt Max Renard"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I usually dip in and out of this show, but this episode is pretty great so far :D

I hope ye are all watching it cause of me bumping this thread :)

Castle is 1 of the better "established" shows this season, it's miles ahead of The Mentalist (imvho), it's almost on my "must watch asap" list, at the moment only Sons of Anarchy is on that list :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

I love the mentalist.

Enjoyed this new episode I must say.

Clareman wrote: »
    I hope ye are all watching it cause of me bumping this thread :)

Castle is 1 of the better "established" shows this season, it's miles ahead of The Mentalist (imvho), it's almost on my "must watch asap" list, at the moment only Sons of Anarchy is on that list :D
    I watch every week and love it. I never post because usually have nothing bad to say!

Hate the mentalist myself

Hahaha!

Jonathan Frakes at the start!

"Oh how far they have fallen" -Classic Castle.

I think this may be my favourite "fun" episode :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Clareman wrote: »
    Not a bad recap here of all the Sci-Fi easter eggs (major spoilers btw)

The recap is good but she / he got a few of the "easter eggs" wrong!
    The "old guy that looks like george lucas" That was Jonathan Freaking Frakes man!!

Riker-Deal-With-It.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

She forgot to mention that Frakes directed the episode as well

I got a headache watching this week's episode, the whole docu-cam thing was head wrecking

I actually really liked it as an episode, thought it was funny but still well done for Castle. Shows how bad those docu-cam style shows are.

Loved them all showboating -
    You're welcome America!

2 gimmicky episodes in a row now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Really enjoyed the docu one, far more than I expected. Mostly because of their reactions to the camera. Lanie calling them down and simpering to the camera, Gates suddenly all positive and with her workforce and of course Esposito's constant one liners.

Quite enjoyed last nights "After hours". A lot of shippery goodness. Squee! But in all seriousness and shipping aside I think the show is at it's best when Katic & Fillion really get to play off each other, oh and nice to see Jim Beckett again.

We're on a 2 week break now until the next ep "Secret Santa" :(

Yeah, this week was amazing. Really had me smiling through the whole thing. Where's your car dude?!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,749 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gina Torres to guest star :cool:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gina Torres to guest star :cool:
    Excellent - more opportunity for "Firefly" gags!

• Advertisement

Weird to see pretty much a whole episode focused on a side character. definitely interesting, and it gave the relationship between Beckett and Castle a well-earned break.

Advertisement