Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish student doing 2nd undergrad in uk

• 21-02-2010 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help. I am going back to college in sept. it's a medical based undergrad and i was wondering if anyone know am i eligible to have my fees paid for by the nhs. i live in ireland not the uk but will be moving there in sept. any information on this would be helpful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Welcome to Boards :) I've moved your post to NI & GB Colleges as you should get a better response there.

When you say 'medical based' undergrad are you talking medicine itself or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ghost10

speech therapy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

If you're doing a 2nd undergrad, you'll have to pay fees, and usually higher ones than a 1st Undergrad would pay.

This is different in Scotland, you could try there. Free fees for a 2nd undergrad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ghost10

im doing it in glasgow..is it free? im finding it difficult to get an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

As far as I know it is.
    Have a couple of friends over there doing a second degree. If you have a 1st degree from a Scottish university you have to pay fees, but if you're 1st degree is from an EU/non UK one then it's free fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm doing it in northern Ireland and there a few people who are on their 2nd undergrad and are getting their fees paid by the NHS. Only thing is they're not allowed to apply for student loans, but because we're from Ireland, we wouldn't be eligible to apply for them anyway.

Advertisement